Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
LawShelf.com Discussion
(02-15-2022, 03:14 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: That's great, most of the courses are interesting, but only a handful of colleges/universities that take NCCRS are known to us.  It would be great that you're expanding the list of colleges/universities so we can further find out what other options there are besides just the Big 3, and the CBE providers.  Thanks for letting us know UMGC takes NCCRS!

It's definitely more than just the Big 3 that take NCCRS. Just in the NY area, for example, Daemen College, St. Peters and Mount Saint Vincent all take NCCRS. So does Ana G. Mendez University (in FL, TX, DC and PR) and Bellevue University (NE). Those are just off the top of my head. These are small schools and may not be overly significant for most members of this forum, but it's definitely not just the Big 3. I have strong reason to believe that Liberty and GCU would also take NCCRS, but I can't make any guarantees (for right now, anyway). Compiling an official list would be tricky (though NCCRS has tried to do it) since there may be different departments and different evaluators, etc., but the number of schools in the US that would take NCCRS in at least some circumstances is probably in 4 digits.
Quote:Compiling an official list would be tricky (though NCCRS has tried to do it) since there may be different departments and different evaluators, etc., but the number of schools in the US that would take NCCRS in at least some circumstances is probably in 4 digits.

I'm inclined to believe that's correct. I think NCCRS has a list on their site of schools that accept their credits. Even my local community college (here in CA) claims to accept NCCRS credits... though I have not personally tried to get them to do so.
(02-17-2022, 12:21 PM)shaas Wrote:
(02-15-2022, 03:14 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: That's great, most of the courses are interesting, but only a handful of colleges/universities that take NCCRS are known to us.  It would be great that you're expanding the list of colleges/universities so we can further find out what other options there are besides just the Big 3, and the CBE providers.  Thanks for letting us know UMGC takes NCCRS!

It's definitely more than just the Big 3 that take NCCRS. Just in the NY area, for example, Daemen College, St. Peters and Mount Saint Vincent all take NCCRS. So does Ana G. Mendez University (in FL, TX, DC and PR) and Bellevue University (NE). Those are just off the top of my head. These are small schools and may not be overly significant for most members of this forum, but it's definitely not just the Big 3. I have strong reason to believe that Liberty and GCU would also take NCCRS, but I can't make any guarantees (for right now, anyway). Compiling an official list would be tricky (though NCCRS has tried to do it) since there may be different departments and different evaluators, etc., but the number of schools in the US that would take NCCRS in at least some circumstances is probably in 4 digits.

"We welcome institutions to join our extensive list of over 1,500 Cooperating Colleges and Universities that have indicated a willingness to accept NCCRS (formerly National PONSI) credit recommendations" - http://www.nationalccrs.org/colleges-uni...ies-search

Liberty is on the list of schools that will accept NCCRS. GCU is not on the list, but they do consider NCCRS -- based on the University Policy Handbook and their partnership with OnlineDegree.com.
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
Is it possible to set up a Voice Proctor profile without paying for an exam, or must you pay for an exam first?
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
I'm going to see if I can get a direct link to register for VP.

Edit: It would have to be a customized link with an existing LS account. If you already have a LS account, you can DM me with the email address associated with it and we can generate a direct link to register with VP.
(02-25-2022, 09:21 AM)shaas Wrote: I'm going to see if I can get a direct link to register for VP.

Edit: It would have to be a customized link with an existing LS account. If you already have a LS account, you can DM me with the email address associated with it and we can generate a direct link to register with VP.

Awesome, thank you. I sent you a PM.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
(02-15-2022, 12:00 PM)shaas Wrote: For everyone's information, a student reported success in transferring multiple LawShelf courses to University of Maryland Global Campus.

If anyone has any similar success (or failures, for that matter) using LS courses, please let me know as we're trying to build a list of schools that we know will take LS courses.

Excelsior says they'll take LS courses (as we knew they would) but we're still working on getting an equivalency chart. We're also in discussions with TESU, COSC and some others, but these things take time. In the interim, if anyone knows of a successful transfer or if you're running into any issues (that we might be able to help with), please let me know.

Thanks!

We got the Excelsior equivalency chart. The number of credits and levels are all same as NCCRS. Most courses are general electives, but also a number of business electives, two social sciences and one health science elective. Plus, our Contracts course counts as Excelsior's Contract Law course.

https://lawshelf.com/assets/pdf/Excelsior.pdf
[-] The following 2 users Like shaas's post:
  • , TwinMom
That's awesome! Even as just electives, cheap UL electives can be difficult to find.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  •
Thanks! Still working on that link, BTW. Smile
(03-01-2022, 11:41 AM)rachel83az Wrote: That's awesome! Even as just electives, cheap UL electives can be difficult to find.

Right on!  I took two of the LawShelf courses (Basics of Criminal Law and White Collar Crime) but I haven't tested yet.  I'll do it when I get my next paycheck!
Finished Degrees and Certificates: 
AAS, Board of Governors---Pierpont Community & Technical College, 12/23
Certificate, Community Health Worker---Berkeley City College, 12/23

Upcoming: 
Certificate, Certified Tutor---Berkeley City College
Certificate, Library Technician---Long Beach City College

Considering:
Regents BA---Fairmont State University

[-] The following 1 user Likes staceydiane's post:
  • shaas

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  LawShelf = Arts & Sciences ??? NBM123 6 1,034 10-18-2022, 10:28 PM
Last Post: alsimko
  Discussion - Study.com difference between practice tests and actual exam gremlinbrawler 14 4,831 12-26-2016, 04:45 PM
Last Post: rowan555
  Study.com holiday discussion yb1 2 999 11-30-2016, 10:39 PM
Last Post: yb1