Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
LawShelf.com Discussion
8 weeks and no update yet? I would send them an email and also LawShelf.com and see if anyone there has tried to correspond with TESU. Hopefully something comes out from this... I was going to recommend people use LawShelf.com for their "free electives", especially for those who want to get into CJ, Paralegal, Pre-law, or similar fields, etc.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(05-23-2022, 02:23 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(05-23-2022, 02:02 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote: I guinea pigged quite a few courses frim Lawshelf.com to send to TESU. Here's what they said
04/05/22

We have not added transfer credit for the recommendations from LawShelf Educational Media because they are not on the Thomas Edison State University Approved Education List https://www.tesu.edu/academics/catalog/p...-directory.

Education al Providers that offer courses with ACE/NCCRS credit recommendations that are not on the TESU approved list will be notified by us of their ability to apply. Should the provider be added to the Thomas Edison State University Approved Educational Provider List, we will add the credit to your record in accordance with TESU transfer credit policies.

This process can take up to 8 weeks. We will notify you of the outcome when it is completed.

it's been about 8wks.

Weird. I clicked on your link and it's a 404. But LawShelf is on this directory: https://www.tesu.edu/degree-completion/p...-directory
I'm not sure why it doesn't work, I just copied and pasted what was on the academic evaluation.

(05-23-2022, 02:23 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: 8 weeks and no update yet? I would send them an email and also LawShelf.com and see if anyone there has tried to correspond with TESU. Hopefully something comes out from this... I was going to recommend people use LawShelf.com for their "free electives", especially for those who want to get into CJ, Paralegal, Pre-law, or similar fields, etc.
I'll send a follow-up email to both TESU and Lawshelf.com. I've been holding off on sending ppl to Lawshelf.com because there was no change in my academic evaluation.
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

(05-20-2022, 11:01 PM)sanantone Wrote: Purdue Global awards graduate-level credits for the LawShelf courses that have been evaluated as graduate level. Their MS in Legal Studies has two tracks. The research track has room for 15 quarter hours in electives, and the comprehensive exam track has room for 20 quarter hours in electives. Each graduate-level LawShelf course comes over as 5 quarter hours.

https://catalog.purdueglobal.edu/graduat...eeplantext

(05-23-2022, 02:02 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote: I guinea pigged quite a few courses frim Lawshelf.com to send to TESU. Here's what they said
04/05/22

We have not added transfer credit for the recommendations from LawShelf Educational Media because they are not on the Thomas Edison State University Approved Education List https://www.tesu.edu/academics/catalog/p...-directory.

Education al Providers that offer courses with ACE/NCCRS credit recommendations that are not on the TESU approved list will be notified by us of their ability to apply. Should the provider be added to the Thomas Edison State University Approved Educational Provider List, we will add the credit to your record in accordance with TESU transfer credit policies.

This process can take up to 8 weeks. We will notify you of the outcome when it is completed.

it's been about 8wks.

I would follow up with them. LS is definitely now an approved provider. I don't know if they'll remember to spontaneously get back to you.

Either way, we'll certainly follow up with TESU on this.
[-] The following 1 user Likes shaas's post:
  • ROYISAGIRL
LawShelf.com is already in the approved provider list, what I meant was they haven't got a "transfer agreement" in place to "slot" all the courses from the ones provided. 8 weeks is some time, I guess they need a bit more time than that... 3 of the 6 institutions including TESU hasn't fully evaluated the courses yet it seems as 3 already have a transfer list available. Here's the link for TESU/LawShelf.com https://lawshelf.com/partnerinfoview/thomasedison

I looked around this site a bit. I really like it. Easy to follow, great overviews of the fundlementals. Even if someone doesn't use it for college credit, I feel like this could be a great crash course to subjects people struggle in.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ashkir's post:
  • shaas
(05-23-2022, 02:28 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote:
04/05/22

it's been about 8wks.

Weird. I clicked on your link and it's a 404. But LawShelf is on this directory: https://www.tesu.edu/degree-completion/p...-directory
I'm not sure why it doesn't work, I just copied and pasted what was on the academic evaluation.

(05-23-2022, 02:23 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: 8 weeks and no update yet? I would send them an email and also LawShelf.com and see if anyone there has tried to correspond with TESU. Hopefully something comes out from this... I was going to recommend people use LawShelf.com for their "free electives", especially for those who want to get into CJ, Paralegal, Pre-law, or similar fields, etc.
I'll send a follow-up email to both TESU and Lawshelf.com. I've been holding off on sending ppl to Lawshelf.com because there was no change in my academic evaluation.

Sent you a dm. We'll be happy to follow up with TESU to make sure you get credit for LS courses per our agreement with TESU. Thanks!
[-] The following 2 users Like shaas's post:
  • jsd, ROYISAGIRL
(05-24-2022, 10:30 AM)shaas Wrote:
(05-23-2022, 02:28 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote:
04/05/22

it's been about 8wks.

Sent you a dm. We'll be happy to follow up with TESU to make sure you get credit for LS courses per our agreement with TESU. Thanks!
Hello!,

I just saw your dm, yesterday I called TESU
And they started reviewing the courses. One has an equivalency so far Smile.

Lawshelf.com: Gov-202 Basics of Environmental Law comes in as ENS-360 Environ Sustain Social Justice

The rest should be completed soon and I'll post the rest.

Thank you for the support!
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

[-] The following 3 users Like ROYISAGIRL's post:
  • Michelle779, rachel83az, shaas
ROYISAGIRL Wrote:Hello!,

I just saw your dm, yesterday I called TESU
And they started reviewing the courses. One has an equivalency so far Smile.

Lawshelf.com: Gov-202 Basics of Environmental Law comes in as ENS-360 Environ Sustain Social Justice

The rest should be completed soon and I'll post the rest.

Thank you for the support!

Wow, that just saved someone $1500 off a course at TESU... that course is an upper level option that isn't found cheap!

[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • shaas
I got an email from a advisor today. Unfortunately she was not very helpful.

I asked about 5 courses in particular. She responded back with equivalencies but didn't match what TESU classes they were for.

I asked about these Lawshelf courses:

ELD 401 Social Security & Medicare Law -
LIT 302 Evidence
COM 302 Insurance Law
COM 303 Cyber Law
COM 304 E-Commerce Regulation

She said they came back as AOJ-245, INS-300, LAW-315, LAW-316 & LAW-317. I can't find descriptions for any of these courses. She also stated none of them would fit into a Liberal Studies degree because "they are too specific to law and are not Natural Science, Social Science, Mathematics, and/or Humanities based."

As ROYISAGIRL stated, she did confirm that Gov-202 Basics of Environmental Law comes in as ENS-360 Environ Sustain Social Justice. Roy, were you awarded the full 6 credits or just 3?
Completed:
Pierpont Community & Technical College | BOG A.A.S. | AOE: Communication [Graduated 12/08/23]
111 college credits as of January 2024 [40 credits completed @ 4-yr college; 71 credits from CLEP, Coopersmith, InstantCert, Lawshelf, Sophia, & TEEX]

In progress: 
UMPI Bachelor of Liberal Studies [Management minor]
Sophia: Human Biology Lab, French I & Business Communication

(06-06-2022, 01:55 PM)Michelle779 Wrote: I got an email from a advisor today. Unfortunately she was not very helpful.

I asked about 5 courses in particular. She responded back with equivalencies but didn't match what TESU classes they were for.

I asked about these Lawshelf courses:

ELD 401 Social Security & Medicare Law -
LIT 302 Evidence
COM 302 Insurance Law
COM 303 Cyber Law
COM 304 E-Commerce Regulation

She said they came back as AOJ-245, INS-300, LAW-315, LAW-316 & LAW-317. I can't find descriptions for any of these courses. She also stated none of them would fit into a Liberal Studies degree because "they are too specific to law and are not Natural Science, Social Science, Mathematics, and/or Humanities based."

As ROYISAGIRL stated, she did confirm that Gov-202 Basics of Environmental Law comes in as ENS-360 Environ Sustain Social Justice. Roy, were you awarded the full 6 credits or just 3?
It was just 3 credits.

[-] The following 1 user Likes ROYISAGIRL's post:
  • Michelle779

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  LawShelf = Arts & Sciences ??? NBM123 6 1,034 10-18-2022, 10:28 PM
Last Post: alsimko
  Discussion - Study.com difference between practice tests and actual exam gremlinbrawler 14 4,830 12-26-2016, 04:45 PM
Last Post: rowan555
  Study.com holiday discussion yb1 2 999 11-30-2016, 10:39 PM
Last Post: yb1