Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
LawShelf.com Discussion
(06-06-2022, 01:55 PM)Michelle779 Wrote: I got an email from a advisor today. Unfortunately she was not very helpful.

I asked about 5 courses in particular. She responded back with equivalencies but didn't match what TESU classes they were for.

I asked about these Lawshelf courses:

ELD 401 Social Security & Medicare Law -
LIT 302 Evidence
COM 302 Insurance Law
COM 303 Cyber Law
COM 304 E-Commerce Regulation

She said they came back as AOJ-245, INS-300, LAW-315, LAW-316 & LAW-317. I can't find descriptions for any of these courses. She also stated none of them would fit into a Liberal Studies degree because "they are too specific to law and are not Natural Science, Social Science, Mathematics, and/or Humanities based."

As ROYISAGIRL stated, she did confirm that Gov-202 Basics of Environmental Law comes in as ENS-360 Environ Sustain Social Justice. Roy, were you awarded the full 6 credits or just 3?

Ah, I love when they don't give you details that are kind of important.  I can figure out 2 of them:

LIT 302 Evidence >> AOJ-245
COM 302 Insurance Law >> INS-300

AND, this is why I tell people to ask TESU a single question per email/phone call.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Michelle779
My son just completed his first LawShelf Exam.  He finished all 50 questions, but then he just got a screen with a checkmark and text that said, "Congratulations.  You completed all 50 questions." *or something like that.  Under his account, it's saying he's not yet taken the exam.  Is there a waiting period before it will update?  Will he get an email or will his account reflect the exam completion after some kind of grading occurs?  How does he get his badge and know when he can order his parchment transcript?
(07-11-2022, 05:54 PM)alsimko Wrote: My son just completed his first LawShelf Exam.  He finished all 50 questions, but then he just got a screen with a checkmark and text that said, "Congratulations.  You completed all 50 questions." *or something like that.  Under his account, it's saying he's not yet taken the exam.  Is there a waiting period before it will update?  Will he get an email or will his account reflect the exam completion after some kind of grading occurs?  How does he get his badge and know when he can order his parchment transcript?
When I completed mine it updated fairly quickly, like almost immediately. They are pretty responsive to inquiries, so if it doesn't show up soon email them.
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

(07-11-2022, 06:00 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote:
(07-11-2022, 05:54 PM)alsimko Wrote: My son just completed his first LawShelf Exam.  He finished all 50 questions, but then he just got a screen with a checkmark and text that said, "Congratulations.  You completed all 50 questions." *or something like that.  Under his account, it's saying he's not yet taken the exam.  Is there a waiting period before it will update?  Will he get an email or will his account reflect the exam completion after some kind of grading occurs?  How does he get his badge and know when he can order his parchment transcript?
When I completed mine it updated fairly quickly, like almost immediately. They are pretty responsive to inquiries, so if it doesn't show up soon email them.

Thanks for responding.  How did you receive a badge and know you could request a transcript.  My soon refreshed the page and it shows his score now, but LawShelf isn't showing he's taken it.
(07-11-2022, 06:17 PM)alsimko Wrote:

Thanks for responding.  How did you receive a badge and know you could request a transcript.  My soon refreshed the page and it shows his score now, but LawShelf isn't showing he's taken it.
When it was done it with the grade, on the course page it'll say digital badge beside the course name. You dont have to request it and right above that there's a link that says request transcript.
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

(07-11-2022, 06:17 PM)alsimko Wrote:

If you can DM me his name and which exam, I'll be happy to look it up.

Thanks,

Edit: Based on your user name, I think I can see who it is, but on the off chance that it's someone else, please DM me and I'll give you the info.
Somebody know which courses are accepted by EC without a problem, even as electives?
Target degree business administration or psychology.
(07-12-2022, 10:10 AM)Kab Wrote: Somebody know which courses are accepted by EC without a problem, even as electives?
Target degree business administration or psychology.

https://lawshelf.com/assets/pdf/Excelsior.pdf 

Many of our courses are in the business administration category.
[-] The following 1 user Likes shaas's post:
  • ashkir
Thank you!
I am hoping these are two quick questions...

If someone has quite a few LawShelf courses (and no GenEd yet, if that matters) and they would want to transfer as many as possible toward a degree...is there a school and degree that is best for that?   --I saw the equivalency guide for Excelsior but I also noticed that the Lib Arts degree has no 'free elective' slots and it looks like someone else was told that they wont work in a TESU Lib Arts degree....

Are there degree plans at either school that have a significant number of Free Elective slots?   --I'm having a very hard time finding degree plans for Excelsior, their website is kind of vague so if someone has a link to plans that look more like what you can find on TESU, I'd love to see it!

Second question:  I saw in this thread that Gov-202 Basics of Environmental Law comes in as ENS-360 Environ Sustain Social Justice.  When the transcript is done, will it have the "environmental law" name on it? or the "env. sustain social justice" name? 

THANK YOU!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  LawShelf = Arts & Sciences ??? NBM123 6 1,037 10-18-2022, 10:28 PM
Last Post: alsimko
  Discussion - Study.com difference between practice tests and actual exam gremlinbrawler 14 4,838 12-26-2016, 04:45 PM
Last Post: rowan555
  Study.com holiday discussion yb1 2 1,002 11-30-2016, 10:39 PM
Last Post: yb1