Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Learning Material
Im trying to get civilian ed points so i can make cut off. Its some where like 760 to make SSG. Im looking into CLEP, im wondering how hard is it. Considering i dont have any college ed. I KNOW the clep(s) are for people who already know material on the subject. But i dont and i need to learn the material. Is this the best site to learn the thing i need to pass the exams.

What test should i begin with? and what are the easiest's

I know should do proper schooling but right now im in Iraq and will fail because i wont take it serious or be late on work. Im not asking for pity or an easy way out....Im simply asking where or how can i learn the material needed?
2 days ago - 2 days left to answer.
Im trying to get civilian ed points so i can make cut off. Its some where like 760 to make SSG. Im looking into CLEP, im wondering how hard is it. Considering i dont have any college ed. I KNOW the clep(s) are for people who already know material on the subject. No- I think that's very rare. All of us here study for the subject, most of us have zero experience with the material when we start the subject. But i dont and i need to learn the material. Is this the best site to learn the thing i need to pass the exams. Look in my siggy line at the link titled "InstantCert works" because that's the pass rate of people here!

What test should i begin with? and what are the easiest's Humm, it's not really that black and white, what kinds of subjects were easier for you back in high school? There are some that I would say are very hard to learn from scratch, but if you tell me you were a math whiz, than what's easy for you isn't easy for me Smile
I know should do proper schooling but right now im in Iraq and will fail because i wont take it serious or be late on work. Im not asking for pity or an easy way out....Im simply asking where or how can i learn the material needed?
[COLOR="red"]You can use IC, or if you want a book, the REA CLEP guides are top notch. You can usually get one from a library. I don't know how military works, but I do know you have access to educational resources including free practice exams, so that's a big huge plus. I'd estimate that once you have your exam picked and your study materials in hand, that you allow 2 weeks of studying 1-2 hours per night. Take all the practice exams (one every couple days) and review the folder here called "Specific Exam Feedback" to zero in on important exam subjects.
It's not as tricky as it sounds, after your first one, you'll have a better idea of what to expect! I completed 50% of my bachelor's degree by taking CLEP and DANTES exams, MANY here used CLEP/DANTES for their entire degree. Welcome to the board!
[/COLOR]
cookderosa Wrote:Im trying to get civilian ed points so i can make cut off. Its some where like 760 to make SSG. Im looking into CLEP, im wondering how hard is it. Considering i dont have any college ed. I KNOW the clep(s) are for people who already know material on the subject. No- I think that's very rare. All of us here study for the subject, most of us have zero experience with the material when we start the subject. But i dont and i need to learn the material. Is this the best site to learn the thing i need to pass the exams. Look in my siggy line at the link titled "InstantCert works" because that's the pass rate of people here!

What test should i begin with? and what are the easiest's Humm, it's not really that black and white, what kinds of subjects were easier for you back in high school? There are some that I would say are very hard to learn from scratch, but if you tell me you were a math whiz, than what's easy for you isn't easy for me Smile
[COLOR="red"]You can use IC, or if you want a book, the REA CLEP guides are top notch. You can usually get one from a library. I don't know how military works, but I do know you have access to educational resources including free practice exams, so that's a big huge plus. I'd estimate that once you have your exam picked and your study materials in hand, that you allow 2 weeks of studying 1-2 hours per night. Take all the practice exams (one every couple days) and review the folder here called "Specific Exam Feedback" to zero in on important exam subjects.
It's not as tricky as it sounds, after your first one, you'll have a better idea of what to expect! I completed 50% of my bachelor's degree by taking CLEP and DANTES exams, MANY here used CLEP/DANTES for their entire degree. Welcome to the board!
[/COLOR]

Thanks very informative. I just looked at the link you told me too and it look good. i thinnk ill start with the Celp intro to computers and see how it goes. hope it works

My goal is to atttain around 45 CH by the end of this year. I hope i can meet my goal.
alterian Wrote:Thanks very informative. I just looked at the link you told me too and it look good. i thinnk ill start with the Celp intro to computers and see how it goes. hope it works

My goal is to atttain around 45 CH by the end of this year. I hope i can meet my goal.

Excellent choice!! I think Computer's for Dummies is a good book and easy to find.
When you get a chance, search our forum for FEMA credits. You can do those in spurts- like 4 or 5 in a weekend. Each FEMA class is free and online at home- you print off a pdf and then take an open book quiz. Smile Each FEMA you pass is worth 1 credit.
cookderosa Wrote:Excellent choice!! I think Computer's for Dummies is a good book and easy to find.
When you get a chance, search our forum for FEMA credits. You can do those in spurts- like 4 or 5 in a weekend. Each FEMA class is free and online at home- you print off a pdf and then take an open book quiz. Smile Each FEMA you pass is worth 1 credit.

Never heard of it, ill look into it though thanks
I'm in the same boat you are friend. My cut-off score is around 780+. CLEP/DSST are a great choice. Those coupled with your military experience should bring you up fairly fast in points. My standard mode of attack for these tests is to 1. Go through the flash cards until I got them down cold. 2. Browse through the Exam Specific forum for bits of information pertinent to the test and cut and paste them to Word document for future review. 3. Any information I can't find in the flash cards I utilize either a. Wikipedia b. sparknotes.com or c. cliffnotes.com. Also check your base library as they sometime have CLEP/DSST books and dvd's you can check out. I also go through all the information at least once the day prior just for review sake. Hope this helps you and good luck.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GI Bill for independent and distance learning options BBryant165 1 1,355 08-20-2020, 12:23 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  AFOQT/ASTB audio book study material. morig 3 3,230 08-22-2018, 04:01 PM
Last Post: kodiak61
  Interview Request!!! Need Expert on Accelerated Distance Learning for Veterans CWESH 7 2,753 04-24-2017, 04:07 PM
Last Post: deanp731
  Definition of military family members for free study material? annaeli 3 2,233 12-08-2009, 02:17 PM
Last Post: rameces
  E-Army learning jeremy1999 8 6,386 10-18-2007, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Basket Weaver