Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Liberty: Dual AOS only needs 30 resident credits
(10-06-2020, 01:06 PM)rachel83az Wrote: You didn't mention a military discount. However, TESU also has a military discount of $250 per credit. https://www.tesu.edu/military

I think the TESU military discount is for veterans, so you have to check to make sure.

BUT, if it is for Veterans, then your best bet is TESU because they allow military to use TECEP's for residency.  So you take 6 LL TECEP's, and the cornerstone and capstone for $250/cr, and you have no residency waiver.

This means that even if you paid out of pocket, your total tuition and fees at TESU would be $2,698.  If you used FAFSA to take your cornerstone and capstone in a single term, I think you'd pay nothing.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(10-08-2020, 11:37 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(10-06-2020, 01:06 PM)rachel83az Wrote: You didn't mention a military discount. However, TESU also has a military discount of $250 per credit. https://www.tesu.edu/military

I think the TESU military discount is for veterans, so you have to check to make sure.

BUT, if it is for Veterans, then your best bet is TESU because they allow military to use TECEP's for residency.  So you take 6 LL TECEP's, and the cornerstone and capstone for $250/cr, and you have no residency waiver.

This means that even if you paid out of pocket, your total tuition and fees at TESU would be $2,698.  If you used FAFSA to take your cornerstone and capstone in a single term, I think you'd pay nothing.

Whoa. I'll have to wrap my head around this when I have a little more time. But is sure sounds good!
Working towards:
  • BS Entrepreneurship @ Franklin U or BA Human Relations & Business @ Amberton U
Exams/Courses Taken (99 Credits)
  • CLEP (36) - English Comp, Natural Science, College Math, Principles of Mgmt, Intro Marketing, Intro Sociology, Analyzing & Interpreting Lit, Intro to Educational Psychology, Human Growth & Dev 
  • DSST (12) - Principles of Supervision, Intro to Business, Human Resources Mgmt, Organizational Behavior
  • Sophia Learning (51) - Developing Effective Teams, Student Success, Essentials of Managing Conflict, Conflict Resolution, Intro to Ethics, Visual Communication, Intro to Psychology, Public Speaking, Intro to Info Tech, Accounting, Statistics, Algebra, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Communication at Work, Principles of Finance, Business Law, US History 1&2
  • Study.com - Coming soon...
https://www.tesu.edu/military/tuition-fees
This link states:"The Military Tuition rate is offered to active duty, guard and reserve service members, their spouses and dependents and Department of Defense (DoD) civilian employees."

Just found out today that my husband (& family -- whoop!) qualifies for that. Above you said "you have no residency waiver", but TESU's site has the waiver rate listed for military at $3192 AND says 24 cr, not the 16cr I'm used to seeing on here. Is this something new? Am I misunderstanding how this works?
(11-18-2020, 02:50 PM)alab21 Wrote: https://www.tesu.edu/military/tuition-fees
This link states:"The Military Tuition rate is offered to active duty, guard and reserve service members, their spouses and dependents and Department of Defense (DoD) civilian employees."

Just found out today that my husband (& family -- whoop!) qualifies for that. Above you said "you have no residency waiver", but TESU's site has the waiver rate listed for military at $3192 AND says 24 cr, not the 16cr I'm used to seeing on here. Is this something new? Am I misunderstanding how this works?

If you qualify for the military rate, you can use TECEPs to fulfill the residency requirements. A non-military civilian cannot use TECEPs for this purpose. Since everyone has to take 6 credits at TESU directly (capstone & cornerstone), you only need 18 credits of TECEPs - 6 tests for a total of $900.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • alab21
(11-18-2020, 02:59 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 02:50 PM)alab21 Wrote: https://www.tesu.edu/military/tuition-fees

If you qualify for the military rate, you can use TECEPs to fulfill the residency requirements. A non-military civilian cannot use TECEPs. Since everyone has to take 6 credits at TESU directly (capstone & cornerstone), you only need 18 credits of TECEPs - 6 tests for a total of $900.

Quick clarification:
1) a non-military civilian cannot use TECEP's to fulfill residency requirement (you said they cannot use TECEP's, which might confuse someone).  They can still take TECEP's if they want, but they just won't count for residency
2) TECEP pricing is different depending on the level - so LL TECEP's are $50/cr, while UL TECEP's are $75/cr.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PUG IT transfer credits BritStudent 2 238 02-22-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Schools that accept ACE credits and allow 90cr in transfer bjcheung77 87 40,769 01-30-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: inor
  Liberty University indigoshuffle 8 864 01-16-2024, 11:47 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TAMUC Org Leadership-six UL credits needed StoicJ 20 2,565 12-13-2023, 09:11 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  List of RA brick and mortar schools that accept 75% of credits from SDC, Sophia, SL ausernameisneeded 19 1,917 09-30-2023, 02:30 PM
Last Post: ausernameisneeded
  Does CUNY SPS allow transfer credits after enrollment? MyRightHandIsBi 11 947 09-13-2023, 08:54 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  SNHU Transfer New Credits after Enrollment - Can or Can't? berlinerd 3 1,071 08-17-2023, 11:54 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Does Ana G. Mendez University accept ACE credits ande 7 706 07-11-2023, 02:07 PM
  New Liberty University Online Degree plan LevelUP 3 1,220 06-15-2023, 05:47 PM
  (Possibly) cheapest credits for TESU Comp Sci degree rachel83az 11 3,134 01-29-2023, 10:53 PM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree