Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Liberty U Allowing 50% Credit Transfer
Liberty U will allow fifty percent of the credits needed for their masters degree to be transferred in. I spot checked the degrees listed under each of the schools and the fifty percent was allowed in all but their Juris Masters and Masters of Law degrees. So in addition to the MA in Interdisciplinary Studies there are many more choices if you have credits laying around that that fit into one of the programs.

I hope this isn't old news.
Thanks! Good to know,
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

Shame their tuition is so high!! This would be a solid score even at 1k a course but at $1,845 a course, there are better transfer options out there like Amberton.

Still nice to have a 50% transfer option on the table.
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
If you are active duty or a veteran Liberty has a discounted tuition rate of $275 per credit for graduate courses. Still higher than Amberton.
RANSOMSOUL Wrote:Shame their tuition is so high!! This would be a solid score even at 1k a course but at $1,845 a course, there are better transfer options out there like Amberton.

Still nice to have a 50% transfer option on the table.

I don't think that's high for grad school - granted there are cheaper options, but private undergrad tuition is averaging around $1100/CREDIT in the US, so $600/credit for grad school is completely fair imo. It's actually quite a bit less than I paid several years ago. I had (have) a lot of graduate credit from Harvard that they didn't give me credit for, so if someone is sitting on a lot of unused credit, this is a FANTASTIC deal. I don't think "cheapest" is always the only filter someone should consider!

I like that Liberty has a strong brand (obviously if you're not Christian that might be a problem) but I really like that they have a campus - I intentionally chose a grad school that was mostly campus based with a small handful of online options.
If you're not an ultra conservative Baptist, then Liberty might not be a fit regardless of whether or not you're a Christian. They have a reputation for being anti-science.

You can get a 25% discount if you join the Civil Air Patrol or some other approved volunteer organization.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
@cookderosa - I see your point on the upside for Liberty. My math was more on the money already spent (graduate credits - cash or worse/loan) - someone most likely is several thousand out of pocket or in debt. The completion of that master being an additional 11k still feels high. My friend's daughter who graduated from USC last year would beg to differ Wink
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
Just a note of caution on the unbelievably generous transfer policy- there may be limits on how old the credits may be. Their product offering is pretty broad, though, which is a point in their favor.

Does anyone have any idea how strong the alumni network is?
RANSOMSOUL Wrote:@cookderosa - I see your point on the upside for Liberty. My math was more on the money already spent (graduate credits - cash or worse/loan) - someone most likely is several thousand out of pocket or in debt. The completion of that master being an additional 11k still feels high. My friend's daughter who graduated from USC last year would beg to differ Wink

I get that- the money spent on prior grad credit is already spent though, so it's just really about what you want. 6 of one, half dozen of the other.
sanantone Wrote:If you're not an ultra conservative Baptist, then Liberty might not be a fit regardless of whether or not you're a Christian. They have a reputation for being anti-science.

You can get a 25% discount if you join the Civil Air Patrol or some other approved volunteer organization.

I don't think that's an issue for graduate school since science courses are not part of their grad programs. Graduate Degree Programs | Academics | Liberty University
For undergrad, it looks like they require 1 science course as an elective in their gen eds, but that could be transferred in if that's an issue. Approved General Education Courses | Liberty University Online

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graduate Schools that accept the most transfer credits sanantone 66 15,868 04-09-2024, 03:21 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 656 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Graduate transfer credits David1477 10 1,032 03-03-2024, 02:05 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Questions for UofPeople and Liberty University graduates Randyb100 9 1,574 02-20-2024, 06:06 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  List of free graduate credit udi 15 7,777 01-26-2024, 09:16 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Transferring graduate credit from UofPeople Quackerz 8 677 01-16-2024, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Quackerz
  SUNY Buffalo State : 15 credits transfer Msc Multidisciplinary Studies durain 6 1,113 11-17-2023, 05:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  ENEB transfer credit to Universidad Azteca/UCN and others Kalas 14 2,544 10-06-2023, 09:28 PM
Last Post: cacoleman1983
  Graduate transfer credits Aya 17 1,386 08-17-2023, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Aya
  UCMO: Online MS Occupational Safety Management 30-36 credit, $11.8K-$14.2K bjcheung77 6 813 05-18-2023, 09:04 PM
Last Post: sanantone