Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Liberty University Graduate Programs
According to Liberty University's website the college offers a significant discount to veterans (250/credit). It appears that the college offers several graduate certificates and master degree programs. I am interested in both; however, I am really interested in a graduate certificate there for two primary reasons: 1) Most of their certificates are only 9 hours longs, and most graduate schools only accept 9 transfer credits. 2) A certificate can be earned a lot faster and enhance my career prospects while I finish a masters degree. My only issue is that I don't know much about this school other than looking over their website. I requested information and currently waiting for it; however, does anyone have any experience with this college? My overall goal is to attain a Masters degree, probably in either management, MBA, MPA, or MPH. I realize that some may suggest just going to a college such as Chadron initially and just stick with it, and trust me I am considering that; however, if I could get a cheap certificate first that is only 9 credits long that may transfer it may help for career prospects and general motivation. I am open to any suggestions naturally. My goal is to make this cheap and regionally accredited. I also hope not to have to take any perquisite courses since my degree is not in business, but I am open to all suggestions. Thanks.
A.A.S. IN RESPIRATORY CARE (LOCAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE): 2007
A.A. IN SOCIAL SCIENCE (LOCAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE): 2015
B.S.A.S.T IN RESPIRATORY CARE (TESU) 2015
Liberty is among the best known religious colleges in the country. They have garnered a fair amount of military interest for just the reason you describe...price.

I looked at ENMU and Chadron for my MBA, but settled on WGU in part because they didn't require an pre-reqs.

Most schools will cap graduate credits at 6 not 9...not a reason to turn down a 9 credit cert...but know that they probably wont take at least three of those credits. I would definitely try to verify whats going to transfer before doing this. Just because a school says they take 6 transfer credits doesn't mean they will take any 6 credits.
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
Like rebel100 stated, Liberty is a well known religious college. If you dont have an issue with learning a subject with a christian slant, then it will be a good choice.

250 per credit is an excellent deal and may be well worth it, just make sure these certs are academic and not ceus.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
I attended Liberty for 2 semesters, I loved the experience for a while. In my experience the school have gotten so big that it has truly affected its customer service, 2-3 hour wait time to talk to an advisor, during the semester, financial aid was just a mess, worst experience I've ever had with a financial aid office. Also for many of your assignments you will have to use the bible as your source of reference. For example, I was a psychology major, so in many course we would have to use the bible exclusively to explain why something was happening. However, other than that Liberty is a nice school.
Grad cert., Applied Behavior Analysis, Ball State University
M.S., in Applied Psychology, Lynn Univeristy
B.S., in Psychology, Excelsior College
A.A., Florida State College at Jacksonville
Communication seems to be a slight issue with this institution; however, just for knowledge sakes it appears as if the tuition discount for graduate school is 275 a credit not 250; which, is still good but I thought i should share that.
A.A.S. IN RESPIRATORY CARE (LOCAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE): 2007
A.A. IN SOCIAL SCIENCE (LOCAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE): 2015
B.S.A.S.T IN RESPIRATORY CARE (TESU) 2015

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  List of Cheap Online MBA Programs That Can Be Completed in Under 1 Year LevelUP 31 18,463 5 hours ago
Last Post: walruspanda
  New Data Analytics Programs ss20ts 12 629 04-19-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: allvia
  Gardner-Webb University: 10-12 month online MBA? PaperAssistant 7 300 04-18-2024, 10:33 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 9 765 04-18-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: MichiganMax
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 30 25,393 04-16-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: dutchdragon
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 22 1,982 04-15-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: klone
  Opinions on Master's International University of Divinity isaachunter 19 6,209 04-14-2024, 07:55 AM
Last Post: isaachunter
  Graduate Schools that accept the most transfer credits sanantone 66 16,039 04-09-2024, 03:21 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  best MBA/Masters in Finance programs after UMPI? CFPhopeful 7 507 04-07-2024, 08:51 PM
Last Post: Mjake260
  Fitchburg State University - MBA in Finance Spaceghost 7 511 04-06-2024, 01:04 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77