Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Limbo UMPI - Course Recommendations maybe second degree?
(03-11-2021, 12:32 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
cmilstead9 Wrote:You totally can I am a psycho and finished Sophia in less than a month and the two SDC courses in a couple of weeks. Well well worth it but you do have to take a min o f10 classes with them so keep that in mind.

As a fellow psycho... I applaud you on a job well done!  That's amazingly fast!  I assume you're going for the BLS with some minor concentration?  Good deal if you can finish 10 classes in just one term, it can't be beat for the price, even at two terms!

cmilstead9 Wrote:They did miss enviormental science but I just told them it never was added and that also was accepted.

Is this the only course they missed from your evaluation?  It's weird how the other board member had the same issue, I wonder if there are other courses that they don't auto transfer or if they have someone manually do this credit transfer deal...

From my audit, yes that's all I saw was missing and they did say it is a manual process for some transcripts and auto for others. For instance, my CC credits and Straighterline were automatic. Also, Business Ethics counts as Business law from Straighterline at UMPI so worth noting because it was such an easy test at SL
(03-08-2021, 05:26 PM)cmilstead9 Wrote: Just an update I just got my degree audit back and the SDC credits counted as upper-level courses Smile 

Remaining: 

HUM:103
ENV:110 
Bio:105
FRE:101 
POS:101

BUS 260:Leadership
BUS 415:Operation Management

6- UL Business Electives 

Thanks for all your help and hopefully others find this thread helpful! Super excited to finish this out on the 15th

That's wonderful!  Smile    Would you mind sharing what specific SDC courses you transferred in and what they mapped to at UMPI?    Thanks so much!
(03-16-2021, 02:48 PM)ConqueringCollege Wrote:
(03-08-2021, 05:26 PM)cmilstead9 Wrote: Just an update I just got my degree audit back and the SDC credits counted as upper-level courses Smile 

Remaining: 

6- UL Business Electives 

Thanks for all your help and hopefully others find this thread helpful! Super excited to finish this out on the 15th

That's wonderful!  Smile    Would you mind sharing what specific SDC courses you transferred in and what they mapped to at UMPI?    Thanks so much!
Business 102: Principles of Marketing = BUS 350 
Business 121: Introduction to Entrepreneurship = BUS Elective 
Business 106: Human Resource Management = BUS 321 
(03-16-2021, 06:08 PM)cmilstead9 Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 02:48 PM)ConqueringCollege Wrote:

Remaining: 

6- UL Business Electives 

Business 102: Principles of Marketing = BUS 350 
Business 121: Introduction to Entrepreneurship = BUS Elective 
Business 106: Human Resource Management = BUS 321 

Thank you very much!!!  Smile
Wow, Those lower level courses came in as upper level at UMPI? That's amazing!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(03-16-2021, 08:54 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Wow, Those lower level courses came in as upper level at UMPI?  That's amazing!

I know I was very surprised!
From what I can tell is UMPI registers if it’s a new ACE class they haven’t seen before they look up the available information in the ACE system and syllabus etc and apply it to what fits best. If it overlaps with their training modules in their system it’s be matched to that class pretty much. But it has to be pretty damn close to it. It’s not surprising with how expansive SDC stuff is they came in as upper level. I’m really happy UMPI explores this. Business law also comes in as upper level from Sophia.
Part of the reason for things like Principles of Marketing and Business Law to come in as UL is because those are UL courses at UMPI. They're not at most schools in my experience. Human Resource Management also comes in as UL and it's UL course at UMPI. It's a UL course at many schools.
(03-17-2021, 08:43 AM)ss20ts Wrote: Part of the reason for things like Principles of Marketing and Business Law to come in as UL is because those are UL courses at UMPI. They're not at most schools in my experience. Human Resource Management also comes in as UL and it's UL course at UMPI. It's a UL course at many schools.

Those are courses that are readily available at many, many CC's, so although they may be UL at 4yr schools, many consider them LL, or else just consider the requirement checked off.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Educational Degree Planning Help nhmimi 7 151 3 hours ago
Last Post: rachel83az
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 35 657 3 hours ago
Last Post: rachel83az
  Path/degree recommendation for a 40 yr old man with no degree Freyo27 1 62 5 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degree Planning- MS degree dodek101 8 343 9 hours ago
Last Post: Captainrekt000
  Potential Degree Input, Please curious 4 152 Yesterday, 06:39 AM
Last Post: curious
  Dr Tree Man - BA in Psychology - UMPI YourPace Dr Tree Man 10 209 03-27-2024, 07:24 PM
  DBA degree: online, 2-3 years, top US or UK school, accredited absamer 22 1,484 03-26-2024, 11:54 PM
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 28 1,859 03-26-2024, 06:00 AM
  Masters Degree in Texas Melhux 3 181 03-26-2024, 05:45 AM
  Almost 40 year old with foreign BA in English degree and Santa Monica College Cert KMcLean 12 959 03-25-2024, 08:12 PM