Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linguistics
Hello all! I'm very happy to have found this forum - and this interesting approach to education. I would love to use "testing out" to help me get a Bachelor's in linguistics. This subject has been a hobby of mine for many years, and I believe I could learn the necessary info to test out of many courses. However, none of the three favorite schools on this site offer a linguistics degree.

Are there other schools with minimal or no residency requirements? Where can I find this list?
I don't know what other schools with minimal residency requirements would have this degree, but you could consider trying to do a Learner-Designed Area of Study at TESU
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
That is an interesting idea. I sent an email out to TESU to learn more. It does seem like a long shot though.

This may also be equally improbable, but are there international schools with similar online programs (who's degree would be accepted in the US, of course)? One of them could have a linguistics program. Admittedly, I've not researched this approach. So I apologize if it's obviously not possible.
The problem with trying to create your own degree at TESU (or COSC) is getting those UL credits in the major. You would either have to find them somewhere, or else PLA them all.

You might want to look into getting an inexpensive BALS at one of the Big 3, and save your money for a MA in Linguistics. That's always a good option for people on this forum.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • davewill

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A course in Linguistics natshar 3 881 01-12-2019, 07:58 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Certificates in education/linguistics/writing? Kev 7 2,415 01-01-2018, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Pelican
  Ashford University Experience? Especially Linguistics ilovetacos 0 770 03-21-2016, 10:25 AM
Last Post: ilovetacos
  linguistics and foreign languages ladylearner 3 901 05-27-2015, 10:32 AM
Last Post: ladylearner