Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Little disappointed in the diploma...
just replace the top photo with a pic of my laptop for me, i suppose Wink
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 5 users Like jsd's post:
  • High_Order1, Ideas, mudball, Muldoon, rachel83az
(03-19-2018, 05:18 PM)dfrecore Wrote: For my mom, for a graduation present, I got her diploma framed along with a lithograph of her school.  It is very cool (and it wasn't cheap).  She absolutely loved it.

Here's an example (they don't have TESU):  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MTSPTU0/ref...8934745379

Those are nice!

That's OK, none of us would recognize a photo of TESU, anyway...
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • Muldoon
(03-19-2018, 02:27 PM)Ideas Wrote: Yes, what jsd said. I find that sad because someone who did a dual major BA in Computer Science & something else would have the same diploma as someone who did Liberal Studies.

If TESU graduates accept mediocre diplomas then TESU will just keep cranking them out.  Why have higher standards?

I have made it known 3-4 times to Excelsior College that not putting the Major is unsat.   Letters, emails, and college Facebook.  I[b] personally will not frame mine.    In 2018, all Universities should have higher standards.  Glad, I did not have TESU/EC lack of attention to details (diplomas) when I was writing my term papers. Big Grin   [/b]
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

[-] The following 1 user Likes Life Long Learning's post:
  • High_Order1
Rolleyes
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Personally, I think the diplomas are a little plain-looking but are fine. It'd be nice if the AOS was included, but not being there isn't a dealbreaker, IMO.
(03-19-2018, 05:50 PM)davewill Wrote: That's OK, none of us would recognize a photo of TESU, anyway...

I was thinking that!

My mom never set foot on her campus either, she did an employer-based cohort program at work once a week  in the evenings.  So she probably didn't recognize her school either!  It might not even BE A lithograph of her school, and she wouldn't know!   Tongue
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • rachel83az
(03-19-2018, 09:34 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(03-19-2018, 05:50 PM)davewill Wrote: That's OK, none of us would recognize a photo of TESU, anyway...

I was thinking that!

My mom never set foot on her campus either, she did an employer-based cohort program at work once a week  in the evenings.  So she probably didn't recognize her school either!  It might not even BE A lithograph of her school, and she wouldn't know!   Tongue

My high school diploma came with one of those depictions of the school. It is bizarre, though. It shows two of the buildings and those are very identifiable as what buildings those are supposed to be. But, it’s like the artist viewed the campus on some alternate version of the universe where the campus is located on a completely flat plot of land and all the hills in front of and between those two buildings do not exist as I knew them.
[-] The following 2 users Like Sparklette's post:
  • Ideas, rachel83az
I know this thread is a few weeks old but I sat down and compared my diploma to my husband's diploma. His is from 1996, at another college. I see his has five signatures. The college President's is the most prominent over the seal. Then each department head signed - two signatures on each side. Those extra signatures just look more official in my opinion. However, that said, TESU's gold seal is more impressive. Once framed, both diplomas look pretty good. Not as impressive as some I've seen, but not the worst by far.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
[-] The following 1 user Likes rlw74's post:
  • High_Order1
Does it come in a basic frame? I'm assuming they don't just throw it in a padded envelope and let it rip.
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can I get a High School Diploma after getting my GED and Associates? IReallyNeedADegree 24 2,756 02-06-2023, 07:13 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Patten Diploma Arrived but am not excited Saharapost 38 3,957 07-17-2016, 01:25 PM
Last Post: Saharapost
  Diploma Arrived today - Diploma Frame Question marianne202 11 2,558 04-13-2012, 06:07 PM
Last Post: marianne202
  Diploma 'arms race' skybirds 7 1,730 01-18-2011, 08:14 PM
Last Post: Popcorn
  What do you do with your diploma? CLEP101 10 2,450 05-20-2009, 11:22 PM
Last Post: HoffyCoffee
  CCU Diploma HawkGuy 6 3,005 06-20-2008, 05:21 PM
Last Post: barbara2bba