Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Little disappointed in the diploma...
I totally disagree with almost everyone Wink

I say go drop a couple hundred bucks and frame the hell out of that thing. I mean super professional ALL THE WAY. You earned it and it wasn't easy, so be proud even if it's not what you wanted it to look like.

I have my masters framed very nicely - but not my undergrad. I have asked my DH to frame the COSC degree for a while, and if he doesn't, I am going to do it and GO ALL OUT!!!!!!
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
[-] The following 2 users Like burbuja0512's post:
  • greencouch, rachel83az
(03-18-2018, 07:42 PM)burbuja0512 Wrote: I say go drop a couple hundred bucks and frame the hell out of that thing.   I mean super professional ALL THE WAY.  You earned it and it wasn't easy, so be proud even if it's not what you wanted it to look like.  

I might for my Masters degrees... yes, hopefully degrees Smile

[-] The following 2 users Like Ideas's post:
  • burbuja0512, rachel83az
Well,

I view certificates as art. (I also consider Federal credentials to be art, too...) I know that academia relies heavily on tradition and superlatives and letters after your name, so, it follows (to me, anyway) that the credential speaks to the institution.

I want mine to make lay people go, wow. That's impressive. But I also don't just throw mine in a kitchen drawer, either.

I see it both ways. You don't need to display a marriage certificate; you should exemplify it with your actions. But I also don't want a credential that looks like it came from a higher ed institution in a strip mall in the depressed part of town, either. I may even rub mine with ivy to get that hallowed smell, dangit!!! LOL

I think I will write the school President, though. Issuing a fancier wall-hanging plaque as was suggested to me might be a small revenue center for them.
Angel 
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies Thomas Edison State University 2018
Cert in Emergency Management -
Three Rivers CC 2017
Cert in Basic Police Ed - Walters State CC 1996

Current Goal: new job
Working on: securing funding I don't have to pay back for a Masters.
Up Next: Toying with Masters Programs
Finished: First Degree

Older Experience with: PLA / Portfolios, RPNow, Proctor U, ACE, NCCRS, DAVAR Academy (formerly Tor), Straighterline, TESU, Ed4Credit, Study.com, The Institutes, Kaplan, ALEKS, FEMA IS, NFA IS, brick & mortar community colleges, LOTS of vocational schools...

My list of academic courses:
link

[-] The following 1 user Likes High_Order1's post:
  • burbuja0512
https://www.framingsuccess.com/category/list/sid/2198
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

[-] The following 2 users Like icampy's post:
  • burbuja0512, mudball
I think some schools want theirs to look more plain, because they think it's more traditional.

And allows flexibility for frame/mat colors if they don't use colors besides gold and black. I really like that now that I've looked at the options on the framingsuccess link.

I just Googled some WGU diploma images and I'm wishing theirs was more plain.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Ideas's post:
  • rachel83az
When you guys say it doesn't list your major, do you mean the concentration for stuff like a BALS or BSBA? Or do they not list the majors on BAs/BSs at all?
it does not list any major (area of study).

For example mine says Bachelor of Arts, not Bachelor of Arts in Psychology. Likewise a BA LS will still just say "Bachelor of Arts," not "Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies"

Bachelor of Science in whatever major will say Bachelor of Science.

for a BSBA it looks a little better, one would say "Bachelor of Science in Business Administration," but will not list the business area of study (i.e., Accounting, General Management, CIS, etc)
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jsd's post:
  • leland.kirk
Yes, what jsd said. I find that sad because someone who did a dual major BA in Computer Science & something else would have the same diploma as someone who did Liberal Studies.

[-] The following 3 users Like Ideas's post:
  • leland.kirk, Life Long Learning, rachel83az
keep in mind this isn't a quirk of TESU. Many more traditional schools don't add majors to their diploma. It varies widely by school.

i would have preferred my major on there, but i'm not sweating it.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jsd's post:
  • leland.kirk
For my mom, for a graduation present, I got her diploma framed along with a lithograph of her school.  It is very cool (and it wasn't cheap).  She absolutely loved it.

Here's an example (they don't have TESU): https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MTSPTU0/ref...8934745379
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Muldoon

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can I get a High School Diploma after getting my GED and Associates? IReallyNeedADegree 24 2,714 02-06-2023, 07:13 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Patten Diploma Arrived but am not excited Saharapost 38 3,947 07-17-2016, 01:25 PM
Last Post: Saharapost
  Diploma Arrived today - Diploma Frame Question marianne202 11 2,555 04-13-2012, 06:07 PM
Last Post: marianne202
  Diploma 'arms race' skybirds 7 1,725 01-18-2011, 08:14 PM
Last Post: Popcorn
  What do you do with your diploma? CLEP101 10 2,440 05-20-2009, 11:22 PM
Last Post: HoffyCoffee
  CCU Diploma HawkGuy 6 2,995 06-20-2008, 05:21 PM
Last Post: barbara2bba