Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for 2 year DBA online
(11-05-2022, 12:23 PM)Bob Sham Wrote:
(11-05-2022, 12:23 PM)Bob Sham Wrote: The main focus is NA, followed by RA and AACSB or ACBSP. More importantly is the university is bricks and wall not serving online programs through a small office.
What do you think of Azteca University? Or Unisa?

South College has a physical campus and it is an RA school. You'll find that most US schools have online programs in addition to their on campus programs. There are not a ton of schools here that are online only. 

I don't think anything about Azteca University or Unisa as they are not US based. They aren't NA or RA either. NA and RA is mostly a US thing. RA ranks higher than NA.
(11-05-2022, 12:31 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(11-05-2022, 12:23 PM)Bob Sham Wrote:
(11-05-2022, 12:23 PM)Bob Sham Wrote: The main focus is NA, followed by RA and AACSB or ACBSP. More importantly is the university is bricks and wall not serving online programs through a small office.
What do you think of Azteca University? Or Unisa?

South College has a physical campus and it is an RA school. You'll find that most US schools have online programs in addition to their on campus programs. There are not a ton of schools here that are online only. 

I don't think anything about Azteca University or Unisa as they are not US based. They aren't NA or RA either. NA and RA is mostly a US thing. RA ranks higher than NA.
Really appreciate your advice. I am really keen to know more about South College. Do you happen to know the fees and duration? I assume the program is online as I do not see any link showing online studies for the DBA. Only see the selevtion of knoxville.
(11-05-2022, 12:45 PM)Bob Sham Wrote: Really appreciate your advice. I am really keen to know more about South College. Do you happen to know the fees and duration? I assume the program is online as I do not see any link showing online studies for the DBA. Only see the selevtion of knoxville.

South College's DBA is online through the Knoxville campus. It is $6000 per 6 month session. There are other threads on this forum about the program. There's a Facebook group for it as well.
Thanks for your private message in regard to reading my previous posts in the graduate section. Recap: In the last two years, what have you researched? Your previous posts mention you have a MSc in Safety and Health and currently in Singapore.  What ever happened to the University of Stellenbosch Business School program (South Africa) option?  

We're about the same age, I still don't have much info from you to provide a valid set of schools, so that's why you have me posting #2 with some recommendations, I need a clear answer to your budget and commitments and so on (again, as per post #2).  We're here to help, but you're not providing many details either.  Something short and simple in your answers would do!

Basically, from what has been provided, any cheap, easy, fast, option would do for you as long as it has proper accreditation, the AACSB or ACBSP and other programmatic accreditation is secondary.  With your answers, we can provide options that are better in ROI/Value.  Here are the ones I currently would recommend you but will cost more than the Azteca, UCAM, offerings you just mentioned.

1) Upgrad GGU DBA $19.5K USD, they may be stopping applications as only 5,000 are offered and they're in the 4,000's already.  This is the first choice for so many reasons if you can handle the UpGrad learning system, platform of teaching they're using.

2) South College DBA is a close second option if you can finish in 3 sessions, that would be about $18000.  It can be done in 2 years for $24,000 as this is a competency-based degree, it depends how much 'knowledge' you already have in that field, which I think you may lack as you are in Safety and Health.

3) Apollos DBA or IAULA DMan, these both are at the $18000 USD range as well, but they're NA and not RA (which won't really matter as they are bundled the same and recognized by both the CHEA and USDOE).  You don't really need a DBA, I think a DMan may be an option.

Here's a copy/paste from another post of mine on the sister board: Anyways, with the countless number of people going for the MBA, the next logical step up would be the DBA, DHA, DMan, PhD or something closely related depending on the field you want to get into... I think those who want to go into academia would want the PhD option and those who want the degree to be more applied/practical, would choose the DBA or similar.

Competition for the top spots is getting fiercer, as the population is more educated than before, I mean the Associates is the new "high school diploma" and the basic entry degree nowadays, people are shooting at minimum of a Bachelors, those who want to succeed even more would ladder up to the Masters at minimum. Then there are others who are just doing the Doctoral studies for personal purposes... The trend is going up, many more options now with online education than before.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(11-05-2022, 01:40 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: 1) Upgrad GGU DBA $19.5K USD, they may be stopping applications as only 5,000 are offered and they're in the 4,000's already.  This is the first choice for so many reasons if you can handle the UpGrad learning system, platform of teaching they're using.

I cannot find GGU's DBA on its program list: https://www.ggu.edu/online/online-programs/

I don't understand, maybe it is due to some 'secret' agreement between GGU and Upgrad.
(11-05-2022, 09:22 PM)datby98 Wrote: I cannot find GGU's DBA on its program list: https://www.ggu.edu/online/online-programs/

I don't understand, maybe it is due to some 'secret' agreement between GGU and Upgrad.

https://www.goldengateuniversity.com/doc...nistration

Quote:Mode of Teaching & Exams: Live online with optional Immersion
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(11-05-2022, 01:40 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Thanks for your private message in regard to reading my previous posts in the graduate section. Recap: In the last two years, what have you researched? Your previous posts mention you have a MSc in Safety and Health and currently in Singapore.  What ever happened to the University of Stellenbosch Business School program (South Africa) option?  

We're about the same age, I still don't have much info from you to provide a valid set of schools, so that's why you have me posting #2 with some recommendations, I need a clear answer to your budget and commitments and so on (again, as per post #2).  We're here to help, but you're not providing many details either.  Something short and simple in your answers would do!

Basically, from what has been provided, any cheap, easy, fast, option would do for you as long as it has proper accreditation, the AACSB or ACBSP and other programmatic accreditation is secondary.  With your answers, we can provide options that are better in ROI/Value.  Here are the ones I currently would recommend you but will cost more than the Azteca, UCAM, offerings you just mentioned.

1) Upgrad GGU DBA $19.5K USD, they may be stopping applications as only 5,000 are offered and they're in the 4,000's already.  This is the first choice for so many reasons if you can handle the UpGrad learning system, platform of teaching they're using.

2) South College DBA is a close second option if you can finish in 3 sessions, that would be about $18000.  It can be done in 2 years for $24,000 as this is a competency-based degree, it depends how much 'knowledge' you already have in that field, which I think you may lack as you are in Safety and Health.

3) Apollos DBA or IAULA DMan, these both are at the $18000 USD range as well, but they're NA and not RA (which won't really matter as they are bundled the same and recognized by both the CHEA and USDOE).  You don't really need a DBA, I think a DMan may be an option.

Here's a copy/paste from another post of mine on the sister board: Anyways, with the countless number of people going for the MBA, the next logical step up would be the DBA, DHA, DMan, PhD or something closely related depending on the field you want to get into... I think those who want to go into academia would want the PhD option and those who want the degree to be more applied/practical, would choose the DBA or similar.

Competition for the top spots is getting fiercer, as the population is more educated than before, I mean the Associates is the new "high school diploma" and the basic entry degree nowadays, people are shooting at minimum of a Bachelors, those who want to succeed even more would ladder up to the Masters at minimum. Then there are others who are just doing the Doctoral studies for personal purposes... The trend is going up, many more options now with online education than before.

Hi bjcheung77,

Thank you for your detailed explanation.  University of Stellenbosch Business School program only offer Phd in BA and that was not what I was aspiring.  My sincere apology if the detail given was insufficient.  In view of this, I am searching for an Online DBA program that can be completed in 2 years or less and possibly below USD 10k.  It will be good if the degree comes from RA or NA as the objective is the local government must accept the degree.  I have reached out to Azteca University and they informed me that the DBA can be completed within 2 years at $5000+ fee but I am unsure if they have proper accreditation.  Lastly, I wouldn't mind where the degree is from as long as it is fast, cheap and accredited.  Really appreciate your patience on this matter.

(11-05-2022, 01:07 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(11-05-2022, 12:45 PM)Bob Sham Wrote: Really appreciate your advice. I am really keen to know more about South College. Do you happen to know the fees and duration? I assume the program is online as I do not see any link showing online studies for the DBA. Only see the selevtion of knoxville.

South College's DBA is online through the Knoxville campus. It is $6000 per 6 month session. There are other threads on this forum about the program. There's a Facebook group for it as well.

Hi ss20ts,

That is above my budget considering that it is a 3-year program which will total to $36000.
(11-06-2022, 10:34 AM)Bob Sham Wrote:
(11-05-2022, 01:40 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Thanks for your private message in regard to reading my previous posts in the graduate section. Recap: In the last two years, what have you researched? Your previous posts mention you have a MSc in Safety and Health and currently in Singapore.  What ever happened to the University of Stellenbosch Business School program (South Africa) option?  

Hi bjcheung77,

Thank you for your detailed explanation.  University of Stellenbosch Business School program only offer Phd in BA and that was not what I was aspiring.  My sincere apology if the detail given was insufficient.  In view of this, I am searching for an Online DBA program that can be completed in 2 years or less and possibly below USD 10k.  It will be good if the degree comes from RA or NA as the objective is the local government must accept the degree.  I have reached out to Azteca University and they informed me that the DBA can be completed within 2 years at $5000+ fee but I am unsure if they have proper accreditation.  Lastly, I wouldn't mind where the degree is from as long as it is fast, cheap and accredited.  Really appreciate your patience on this matter.

(11-05-2022, 01:07 PM)ss20ts Wrote:

Hi ss20ts,

That is above my budget considering that it is a 3-year program which will total to $36000.
In regards to the University of Stellenbosch, I genuinely do believe that a PhD path is much better and generally will be considered to be a more "legit" doctorate than a DBA. Outside of the USA or Northern America, DBA's aren't a thing. In South Africa at least, I've never heard of a program or person that has a DBA. Not saying that a DBA is any less of a doctorate, however it is still fairly new and at least from personal experiences, it doesn't seem to hold the same level of respect. That is just from my own personal experience and I could very be wrong. I just think if you would like to stay in the realm of education and be more widely respected among your colleagues, I would honestly just go for a PhD. 
https://www.waldenu.edu/programs/busines...management

For the most part PhDs can also be completed for much less than a DBA, since DBA's are only offered by a select few online universities.
Here is a general PhD management degree from UNISA (note that they have other business related degrees and all of them are priced exactly the same):
https://www.unisa.ac.za/sites/corporate/...80%93-BMA)

It's fees are as followed: 
Research proposal R9 250 ($516,64)
Thesis R18 500 p/a. ($1033,28 p/a)

Meaning if you took two years to complete your PhD it would cost you $2583,2 in total.
That's well within a 1/4 your budget for a degree I believe would be internationally much more highly regarded in the realm of Academia. (At least from someone with a perspective that does not come from NA (North-America)).
Not to mention you would be getting a PhD from a top 1000 global University (Times Higher Education Ranking: 801), where other respected online schools such as TESU, Liberty University, Excelsior, Azteca, etc didn't even make the list. 

Once again, this is all my opinion and you can take it as you want.
In progress:
XAMK: Video Game Creation certificate (8/13 courses completed)
Metropolia: Multiple Courses (In Progress: IT Services Sales and Marketing)

Completed:
Sophia: 62 credits
i-to-i: 180-hour TEFL certificate (DEAC- accredited)
(11-06-2022, 10:34 AM)Bob Sham Wrote:
Quote:South College's DBA is online through the Knoxville campus. It is $6000 per 6 month session. There are other threads on this forum about the program. There's a Facebook group for it as well.

Hi ss20ts,

It's self-paced, so you could potentially finish much faster than 3 years, in theory.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Thank you for your advice. I was informed to take a DBA if I am to continue lecturing the future. So I am not sure if PhD will suffice the requirement. In addition, the selection of DBA is assumed to be more on the practical approach which assist in my career development. I will write in to USB to check with them.

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Choosing the Right PhD Program Education / Hospitality (online) Frost87b3 5 161 Yesterday, 03:22 AM
Last Post: Frost87b3
  Any suggestion for online DBA doyouhowdo1 28 1,601 04-23-2024, 02:35 AM
Last Post: armado
  Most Affordable Online PhD in CompSci or Cybersecurity wiresandscreens 34 3,514 02-16-2024, 03:31 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Online doctorate degrees Malaysia Johann1 6 988 02-08-2024, 01:52 AM
  2024 Online EdD Programs No Dissertation Required (Applied Capstone Projects) Imbanewbie 2 573 02-08-2024, 01:36 AM
  Online MS Biological Sciences - 8 Months - Automatic Admission to Medical School Captainrekt000 4 566 12-07-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  ABA Considers Accrediting Exclusively Online Law Schools Jonathan Whatley 1 476 12-01-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: ashkir
  Texila American University - $7800 online PhD (multiple fields) Kalas 9 1,722 11-07-2023, 05:33 PM
Last Post: cacoleman1983
  New ABA Accredited Online JD mcjon77 1 653 10-24-2023, 03:27 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
Question Absolute cheapest online JD program? Randyb100 22 13,344 10-23-2023, 04:40 PM
Last Post: nkout1983