Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magic Mike
So, the male revue Magic Mike (based on the movie) will be here in Atlanta for a few days. It's getting a good deal of press-- Groupon is even offering half-price tickets.
So, my off-topic question: has anyone ever been to a male revue or watched the movie Magic Mike?
:o:o?
I have never been to a male revue, but I watched Magic Mike. It was boring. I've seen videos of better...ahem...exotic, male dancers.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
I have not seen Magic Mike but have...er, seen some revue shows. It may have just been the specific performances, but I thought a couple of them were just "meh" - one was fabulous and one was downright funny if not horrible. I do, however love burlesque shows and misc fringe theatre offerings.

Hope you have fun, let us know how it is!
I heard that some of the dancers were from earlier Chippendales tours. How much earlier? Hopefully, not too long ago, I say. Wink I'm curious about how elaborate the acts will be.
OpenRoot Wrote:I have not seen Magic Mike but have...er, seen some revue shows. It may have just been the specific performances, but I thought a couple of them were just "meh" - one was fabulous and one was downright funny if not horrible. I do, however love burlesque shows and misc fringe theatre offerings.

I will let you know, indeed! I am trying to convince my mom to join me. I am failing thus far.
OpenRoot Wrote:I have not seen Magic Mike but have...er, seen some revue shows. It may have just been the specific performances, but I thought a couple of them were just "meh" - one was fabulous and one was downright funny if not horrible. I do, however love burlesque shows and misc fringe theatre offerings.

I'd love to hear about the funny/ horrible performance!
Lets just say it involved body paint a la elephant style, an obvious wax job gone wrong and elderly audience members....
LOL! I can only hope something so memorable will happen at this revue!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apply Magic Sauce Alpha 1 539 03-17-2021, 12:10 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Mike Rowe on Working Smarter, Not Harder sanantone 11 2,080 02-17-2019, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Ideas