Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mapped Out
It seems that the degrees change over time, what the schools except and what they dont. Are there any current road maps for the current degrees and the corresponding course /test already out there that I havent found. I have to reinvent the wheel for nothing.  
Thanks for any help

At one time after reading it seemed that the clep exams would transfer to the schools at a pass/fail not a grade point, TESU has stated that the clep exam be be passed by a C or better to be transferable now. Can anyone confirm this?
(03-08-2019, 11:45 AM)pbklan Wrote: It seems that the degrees change over time, what the schools except and what they dont. Are there any current road maps for the current degrees and the corresponding course /test already out there that I havent found. I have to reinvent the wheel for nothing.  
Thanks for any help

At one time after reading it seemed that the clep exams would transfer to the schools at a pass/fail not a grade point, TESU has stated that the clep exam be be passed by a C or better to be transferable now. Can anyone confirm this?

Course roadmaps do change over time, so it is always a bit of a moving target, however, there are people on the forum (like dfrecore) who keep track of such things and help people create degree plans based on the current understanding of course equivalencies. That is your best starting place. From there it becomes a matter of either completing everything quickly so nothing changes, or keeping an eye on the forum for anything that could change your plans.

CLEP exams used to have letter grades but no longer do. By the "C" comment, I assume that refers to equivalency. So perhaps they meant whatever the score is needed to earn a C equivalency on that exam will be considered a passing score for TESU. I believe the minimum scores per exam are posted somewhere, but I don't have that information.

Also keep in mind that TESU advising is generally considered questionable, particularly when discussing alternative credit or taking courses anywhere other than directly from TESU. So take anything they say with a grain of salt and verify it here if it sounds wonky.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
What they mean is, a passing score on CLEP is considered a "C", but you don't actually get a grade for it.

A very long time ago, CLEP exams (and DSST's) had a breakdown showing what the different scores might equate to, but that has gone away.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA