Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any new test out alternatives for Liberal Studies/General Management, BA
I have been looking for test-out alternatives or other programs like Sophia for the following courses. I have searched the standard locations and prefer not to use study.com. Now these are for transferring into TESU for the Liberal Studies/General Management, BA

1. MAN-210 Principles of Management 3 SH[b] Sophia[/b]

2. MAN-415 Change Management 3 SH[b] [/b]

3. NEG-401 Negotiations and Conflict Management 3 SH[b] [/b]

4. PSY-360 Organizational Theory 3 SH[b] [/b]

5. PSY-363 Industrial Psychology 3 SH[b] [/b]

6. MAN-373 Managerial Communications 3 SH[b] TECEP[/b]
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
Since you're okay with TECEP exams, NEG-401 is available by TECEP.

Industrial Psychology is available as an e-Pack.

I don't know of test-based options for Change Management or Organizational Theory.
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
(07-02-2022, 05:21 AM)carrythenothing Wrote: Since you're okay with TECEP exams, NEG-401 is available by TECEP.

Industrial Psychology is available as an e-Pack.

I don't know of test-based options for Change Management or Organizational Theory.

Thank you I missed NEG-101
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
There is no inexpensive alt-credit option for Change Management - I've seen it at other schools, but your best bet there is to do it in a 16cr term at TESU.

The others are all available through Study.com, but you don't want to do that.

Prin of Mgt - CLEP, Sophia, SL, Davar, Saylor
Managerial Comm - TECEP, Davar (LL)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Depending on what your needs are, you may want to get a certificate instead of changing your BALS with a different concentration to this... Maybe a certificate in Operations Management will do or something along those lines... I am not sure if you're going for a dual concentration or a double major for your second BA at TESU. I think the best thing to do right now is to focus on completing the BALS and then add possible certificates or even an associates instead... check what would be better in terms of cost, ease, speed to finish and see if it will provide you better ROI/Value than the BALS GM concentration.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I'm leaning toward a double major but want to get the tests out of the way before I fully decide. I'm planning some short-term/long-term goals, and different degrees fulfill different needs. I need a business degree to hit a checkmark within my employer to move into a new division. An MBA would also work but would take more time.

Long term I want a master's in history or Anthropology and plan on teaching at a University part-time in retirement. I honestly don't need the BALS in history since I have to allot of credit already, but it's a personal goal.

I may switch to ASU from UAF for in-person classes next year. I have hit a brick wall without some in-person classes, and I need future recommendations. My old professor keeps retiring and dropping off the planet.

Costs are not really an issue since I have employer support, and can afford some costs on my own. For me, it's time and availability. That's why I lean towards testing within technical management since that is my area of expertise these days.
(07-02-2022, 06:35 PM)vetvso Wrote: I'm leaning toward a double major but want to get the tests out of the way before I fully decide. I'm planning some short-term/long-term goals, and different degrees fulfill different needs. I need a business degree to hit a checkmark within my employer to move into a new division. An MBA would also work but would take more time.

Long term I want a master's in history or Anthropology and plan on teaching at a University part-time in retirement. I honestly don't need the BALS in history since I have to allot of credit already, but it's a personal goal.

I may switch to ASU from UAF for in-person classes next year. I have hit a brick wall without some in-person classes, and I need future recommendations. My old professor keeps retiring and dropping off the planet.

Costs are not really an issue since I have employer support, and can afford some costs on my own. For me, it's time and availability. That's why I lean towards testing within technical management since that is my area of expertise these days.

Why would you get a BALS w/Management cert if you're getting a BSBA?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(07-02-2022, 08:27 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(07-02-2022, 06:35 PM)vetvso Wrote: I'm leaning toward a double major but want to get the tests out of the way before I fully decide. I'm planning some short-term/long-term goals, and different degrees fulfill different needs. I need a business degree to hit a checkmark within my employer to move into a new division. An MBA would also work but would take more time.

Why would you get a BALS w/Management cert if you're getting a BSBA?

I'm not interested in a CERT since it does nothing for me from a career standpoint. It must be a degree for it to have any impact. I was considering the BALS in General Management because I might be able to test out for part of it. I'm open to other options but I'm not a big fan of the Study.com format.
It's basically a flip on a coin right now, a 50/50 on your best options, I suggest either a BSBA GM or another AOS you prefer. OR your other option is to continue on with a BA History or another major you'd like to study. This thread basically is a continuation of a previous thread I just updated a couple of minutes ago... https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...er-Courses
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I convinced my employer to pay for Study.com so I'm going to give it a go after my TECEP's are done.
I am far along in studying most of this material and just need to buckle down between now and March 2023. After that, I will be focused on my project management classes, PMI certs, and additional language studies. I will be in Asa working again for a few years starting next year. Thank you everyone for the feedback.

I am currently signed up for the TECEP
NEG-401-TE100 (99711) Negotiations & Conflict Mgmt

Here is my plan to finish:
General Management
MAN-210 Principles of Management Sophia - Completed
MAN-415 Change Management I need a low-cost solution for this class may be TESU only option
NEG-401 Negotiations and Conflict Management TECEP- Sept2022
PSY-360 Organizational Theory Study.Com
PSY-363 Industrial Psychology Study.com
MAN-373 Managerial Communications TECEP - Oct2022

History:
Historical Mthds Study.com
Non-Western The Middle East TESU - Oct2022
AOS Electives
History 311: The Holocaust & World War II Study.com
History 309: War & American Society Study.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  COS-1110 or ITS-1500 alternatives legenwait4itdary 3 172 03-29-2024, 01:35 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Operations Management Cert Add-on Dosada 2 189 03-26-2024, 05:20 AM
  Liberal Arts Capstone resistk 15 1,373 12-18-2023, 02:38 AM
  TESU BS Technical Studies Engineering AOS Bryant.tj 7 556 12-12-2023, 06:50 PM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU BSBA - General Management Cire 5 870 12-01-2023, 01:16 PM
Last Post: etirflita
  Technical Studies topdog98 11 847 07-22-2023, 02:27 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  BSBA Operations Management AOS dillpickles 48 3,091 07-17-2023, 03:50 PM
Last Post: dillpickles
  SDC Business 311: Project Management Staceys88 3 384 07-10-2023, 10:56 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  SDC Database Management ruled ineligible for TESU BS CIS TopHatWombat 13 1,583 06-11-2023, 12:03 PM
  Davar CS315 management information systems for tesu? CanICode 1 477 04-18-2023, 06:26 PM