Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Microecon CLEP vs TECEP
I am attending a brick and morter college to finish my degree and almost finished. I need a course in basic microeconomics to graduate and I realized that I could do it via test out. My school does accept ACE and NCCRS but it is a lot of time and effort to get it approved and it might not work, so I decided just to stick to what I know will work.

My options include CLEP and TECEP. Both will count towards my degree and have been approved to count towards the microecon I need. I noticed the TECEP is 100 multiple choice and the CLEP is similar.

I just curious which one would be easier or my best bet to take. I've heard the econ CLEPs are difficult.

Also, I need a TECEP to renew my catalog for TESU by end of January. The reason being is I want to have TESU as back up plan and keep TESU as an option should I want to get a second bachelors. If take the econ CLEP any TECEP suggestions? Worth noting my catalog is the one without SOS-110.
For Micro Econ, I would use Onlinedegree.com. It costs a whopping $9. you get 10% just for "attending". Quizzes are part of the grade too. If you pay attention to the main lecture videos, the quizzes (and final) aren't so bad.

I got 47 on Micro Econ CLEP, you need 50 to pass, I did not think it was easy.
(11-07-2019, 08:50 PM)tjguitar85 Wrote: For Micro Econ, I would use Onlinedegree.com. It costs a whopping $9.  you get 10% just for "attending". Quizzes are part of the grade too. If you pay attention to the main lecture videos, the quizzes (and final) aren't so bad.

I got 47 on Micro Econ CLEP, you need 50 to pass, I did not think it was easy.
Yeah but like I said my college may or may not to accept ace or nccrs. And even if they did it would take multiple emails, talking to people, etc just to make it happen. Doubtful it seems they mostly accept ace from the military or work experience training.

I actually already completed the online degree course minus the final exam. However, I literally paid no attention to any of it and I got 50% or less on most of the quizzes. So I would need to get close to a 100 on the final just to pass. Which mean I would have to study a lot. And if I'm going study micro I'd rather be it in something I know I'd get credit for like clep or tecep.

I also took micro econ in high school but that was ten years ago and I had a teacher who didnt teach so I didn't learn much then. My level of knowledge of microeconomics is almost zero.

Also worth noting my school requires a 58 on the micro test for credit.

Another question how is the macro clep? Is it easier?
First, not all schools will accept another school's test-out option, so I would check before doing this. No use taking the TECEP only to find out they won't accept it.

Second, no one will have taken both the TECEP and the CLEP, so it's hard to compare them. I'm betting most people won't have taken the TECEP because there are so many other cheaper options out there. I would probably study for the CLEP, and then if you don't get a 58, take the TECEP.

BTW - I thought Microeconomics was one of the harder courses/exams I took, but I mostly just didn't like/wasn't interested in the topic. I took Macroecon 20 years ago and got a B, so it's not like it's impossible - just not my cup of tea.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(11-08-2019, 02:11 AM)dfrecore Wrote: First, not all schools will accept another school's test-out option, so I would check before doing this.  No use taking the TECEP only to find out they won't accept it.

Second, no one will have taken both the TECEP and the CLEP, so it's hard to compare them.  I'm betting most people won't have taken the TECEP because there are so many other cheaper options out there.  I would probably study for the CLEP, and then if you don't get a 58, take the TECEP.

BTW - I thought Microeconomics was one of the harder courses/exams I took, but I mostly just didn't like/wasn't interested in the topic.  I took Macroecon 20 years ago and got a B, so it's not like it's impossible - just not my cup of tea.
Yeah I checked the tecep and asked they appoved it. I can have max of 4 p/f courses towards my degree and this counts as one of them. Clep and other stuff is CBE so it counts different but is still accepted. 

Probably no one has taken both. But I figured someone has taken the tecep and someone has taken the clep. I would have options of both.

The other option which I know will count is asu earned admission 8 week online course but that is more money and time. But I might consider it. Econ is the last 100 level class I need. The rest of my courses for my degree at 300/400 level I cant find or do test out.

I'm really leaning towards the tecep.  Because I need to renew my tesu catalog so I need sign up for a tecep anyways might as well.

Maybe I'll take the clep first because it's free as like a practice test for the tecep. If I happen to pass then I'll pick another tecep.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Technical Writing TECEP - My Experience PreLawCoastie 2 616 03-14-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: PreLawCoastie
  InstantCert w/CLEP and DSST tomheany 0 146 03-13-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: tomheany
  CLEP and Modern States in the UK BritStudent 4 465 03-06-2024, 09:21 AM
Last Post: asianphd
  Public Speaking TECEP PreLawCoastie 0 163 02-27-2024, 07:23 AM
Last Post: PreLawCoastie
  CLEP - BIOLOGY Recommendations? GoBroncos95 11 764 02-19-2024, 06:13 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  CLEP Spanish advice? Stanislav 8 491 01-31-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Is there a limit to CLEP? GoBroncos95 8 636 01-28-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TECEP FIN-3210 Security Analysis & Portfolio Management fmsoa 2 434 01-18-2024, 04:42 PM
Last Post: CFPhopeful
  Cancelled clep scores?: Please HELP! lyssiethekitty 2 407 01-11-2024, 06:18 AM
Last Post: Ghostwill
  TECEP Admissions/Rate my sanity PreLawCoastie 10 920 01-11-2024, 06:05 AM
Last Post: rachel83az