Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More new Sophia Courses on the way(including UL!)
Information 
Student Success 1 cr 

not sure why they added a new listing for this as it seems to just be an updated version of the old one

Discover the Writer in You 3 cr

Principles of Management 3 cr UL
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MNomadic's post:
  • BitWiseGuy
Discovering the Writer in You sounds like Fundamentals of English Composition. I'll probably resub for Principles of Management. I think that's one I need.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Damnit, just finished Principles of Management at school, lol.
Current Degree Programs:
MA in Social Science (conc. Sociology) - GSU - April 2025
M.Ed in Elementary Education - UoPeople - December 2026
Up Next 
Ph.D in Change Leadership in Equity and Inclusion (Higher Education) - UCA
Finished Degrees and Certificates: 
AAS Board of Governors - Pierpont Community & Technical College  8/2021
AS Business Administration (cum laude) -  Franklin University 9/2022
Grant Writing Certificate- Fort Hays State University - 11/2022
BS Social Science (cum laude) - Franklin University 12/2022

I just tried asking the chat rep as to when the courses would be available, but they basically said they don't announce in advance and that we'll just have to wait until they're published on their website.

I tried manually entering the course name into the URL (app.sophia.org/online-courses/principles-of-management) and got the following error message which suggests the course has at least been created in their system:

[img]blob:https://www.degreeforum.net/b3fc12a1-b16b-4d0e-b04f-5c71268aa59e[/img]
Error Text: Oops. You're not able to take this course right now. Contact your learning coach for more info.
wow an upper level!
(12-01-2021, 02:15 PM)MNomadic Wrote: Student Success 1 cr 

not sure why they added a new listing for this as it seems to just be an updated version of the old one

Unfortunately, if a school doesn't have their own Prin of Management course as UL, it's likely they won't bring in this as UL.  None of the Big 3 consider this UL, so they're prob not giving you UL credit for it, unfortunately (it wouldn't matter at TESU anyway as it's in the Core).

But maybe you'll have better luck at other schools...
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • ss20ts
(12-01-2021, 09:47 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

Unfortunately, if a school doesn't have their own Prin of Management course as UL, it's likely they won't bring in this as UL.  None of the Big 3 consider this UL, so they're prob not giving you UL credit for it, unfortunately (it wouldn't matter at TESU anyway as it's in the Core).

I got COSC to take a literary criticism course as UL when it came in as LL some years back. It’s always worth a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)
(12-02-2021, 05:25 PM)Tedium Wrote:

I got COSC to take a literary criticism course as UL when it came in as LL some years back. It’s always worth a shot.

First, they've tightened down in the last few years. Second, I was saying it about a case where a school has the exact same course in their catalog; Principles of Management is common, and so they may not bring a particular course in as UL if they offer the same course as LL.  Not exactly the same thing as what you're talking about.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
FWIW, Davar's page says that their Principles of Management is UL at TESU. So Sophia's version may well transfer in as UL at TESU.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(12-03-2021, 02:22 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(12-02-2021, 05:25 PM)Tedium Wrote:

First, they've tightened down in the last few years. Second, I was saying it about a case where a school has the exact same course in their catalog; Principles of Management is common, and so they may not bring a particular course in as UL if they offer the same course as LL.  Not exactly the same thing as what you're talking about.

They have the same Literary Theory course at COSC: Eng. 319 now, though it was LL years ago. I argued that since the class was Senior and professor invite only where I took it that it should come in as UL and they changed it on my transcript.

I’m just saying it doesn’t hurt to ask. The worst they can say is no. Best case scenario would be them working something out with you.

I’m not surprised they tightened up on this. They’ve been tightening up on so much lately. I can’t believe they still aren’t taking ALEKS. I’m planning to finish at UMPI specifically because I won’t have to take another math course like I would at COSC.

IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 318 Yesterday, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 5 765 04-17-2024, 03:24 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 116 60,288 04-17-2024, 12:27 PM
Last Post: LaurLoey
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,300 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 11 305 04-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 643 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 903 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 213 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 882 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 8 690 04-08-2024, 11:32 AM