BUS323: Organizational Theory
HOSP304: Hotel & Lodging Management & Operations
NURS301: Nursing Informatics

Changes from 2cr to 3cr:
BUS 314: Employment Law
HOSP101: Intro to Hospitality
HOSP304: Hotel & Lodging Management & Operations
EDU104: Differentiated Instruction

There may be more, but that's what I caught going against my spreadsheet.

I like that they are upgrading LL to UL, that's a huge win for everyone.  I think that's AS important as adding new courses.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 14 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • cookderosa, eriehiker, GoldieLux, harrypotter, HAYDENTREE77, Joeman200, jsd, jsh1138, magflo, mc.christi, Toastmaster, topdog98, trinipirate, Yenisei
Were Math 98 and Math 99 ever ACE recommended? I don't see them in the ACE recommendations.

It will also be interesting to see what TESU does with the accounting classes given that they have recommended a different study.com class for Intermediate Accounting I. What happens if someone who has taken the old class now takes the new one? Does it now duplicate?
At least someone finally offers physics II in the form of a course, but I'm assuming SL got rid of theirs due to a low pass rate and/or low demand.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Ooooooooooh! An English course! How does one go about finding out what it might come in as? I did a quick google and in all the schools I looked at a course in Short Stories was a 300 or 3000 level course. Do you just contact advising and give them that information? This would be GREAT news for English majors or anyone needing UL LS credit. I would certainly prefer it to another one of these dang Shmoop classes!
Amy
Goal: BA in English at TESU
Completed: 78 B&M credits plus:
Institutes: Ethics
Study.com: Personal Finance, History of the Vietnam War, English Comp I, Intro World Religions, Public Speaking, Intro to Humanities
Shmoop: Bible as Literature, Shakespeare's Plays, Women's Lit, Modernist Lit, Holocaust Lit
TECEP: Technical Writing
Thanks for doing the legwork! This is nice to see all compiled like this
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(12-22-2017, 07:24 PM)dfrecore Wrote: There may be more, but that's what I caught going against my spreadsheet.

I like that they are upgrading LL to UL, that's a huge win for everyone.  I think that's AS important as adding new courses.

Thank you! I looked at study.com earlier today and I felt like I was looking at one of those brain teasers that asks you to find the one that wasn't there before. I blanked and could only find two new courses. I was hoping for Leading Organizational Change, maybe, it will be in the next round of approvals.
(12-22-2017, 07:38 PM)eriehiker Wrote: Were Math 98 and Math 99 ever ACE recommended?  I don't see them in the ACE recommendations.

No, and they are also considered developmental, meaning too low to get credit (at least from TESU).  They are NCCRS-approved though, and another school might give you credit.

(12-22-2017, 07:38 PM)eriehiker Wrote: Were Math 98 and Math 99 ever ACE recommended?  I don't see them in the ACE recommendations.

It will also be interesting to see what TESU does with the accounting classes given that they have recommended a different study.com class for Intermediate Accounting I.  What happens if someone who has taken the old class now takes the new one?  Does it now duplicate?

There wasn't an old Int Acctg Course through Study.com - you may be thinking about SL?

(12-22-2017, 10:11 PM)originalamyj Wrote: Ooooooooooh! An English course! How does one go about finding out what it might come in as? I did a quick google and in all the schools I looked at a course in Short Stories was a 300 or 3000 level course. Do you just contact advising and give them that information? This would be GREAT news for English majors or anyone needing UL LS credit. I would certainly prefer it to another one of these dang Shmoop classes!

You can ask, but I doubt anyone will bring it in as UL, since it's LL through ACE.  But it is nice to have some new alternatives, even if they aren't UL.

(12-22-2017, 10:53 PM)DIGI-212 Wrote:
(12-22-2017, 07:24 PM)dfrecore Wrote: There may be more, but that's what I caught going against my spreadsheet.

Thank you! I looked at study.com earlier today and I felt like I was looking at one of those brain teasers that asks you to find the one that wasn't there before. I blanked and could only find two new courses. I was hoping for Leading Organizational Change, maybe, it will be in the next round of approvals.

Unless you already have a pretty updated list, and you're willing to take the time to go through every single class, you're right, it's a guessing game.  I now keep track of when I look things up for each course provider, so that helps.  But it's a lot of work to keep one of these spreadsheets current, including notes, what TESU brings courses in as, etc.

It would be nice if someone on here had one for EC, and someone else had one for COSC, now that those degrees are probably a tiny bit cheaper than TESU.  We could get a little variety going again (when I first started, EC was definitely the school of choice).
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(12-23-2017, 01:46 AM)dfrecore Wrote:

No, and they are also considered developmental, meaning too low to get credit (at least from TESU).  They are NCCRS-approved though, and another school might give you credit.

It will also be interesting to see what TESU does with the accounting classes given that they have recommended a different study.com class for Intermediate Accounting I.  What happens if someone who has taken the old class now takes the new one?  Does it now duplicate?

There wasn't an old Int Acctg Course through Study.com - you may be thinking about SL?

(12-22-2017, 10:11 PM)originalamyj Wrote: Ooooooooooh! An English course! How does one go about finding out what it might come in as? I did a quick google and in all the schools I looked at a course in Short Stories was a 300 or 3000 level course. Do you just contact advising and give them that information? This would be GREAT news for English majors or anyone needing UL LS credit. I would certainly prefer it to another one of these dang Shmoop classes!

You can ask, but I doubt anyone will bring it in as UL, since it's LL through ACE.  But it is nice to have some new alternatives, even if they aren't UL.

(12-22-2017, 10:53 PM)DIGI-212 Wrote:

Unless you already have a pretty updated list, and you're willing to take the time to go through every single class, you're right, it's a guessing game.  I now keep track of when I look things up for each course provider, so that helps.  But it's a lot of work to keep one of these spreadsheets current, including notes, what TESU brings courses in as, etc.

It would be nice if someone on here had one for EC, and someone else had one for COSC, now that those degrees are probably a tiny bit cheaper than TESU.  We could get a little variety going again (when I first started, EC was definitely the school of choice).

Bummer it’s LL. I didn’t realize that. Sad
Amy
Goal: BA in English at TESU
Completed: 78 B&M credits plus:
Institutes: Ethics
Study.com: Personal Finance, History of the Vietnam War, English Comp I, Intro World Religions, Public Speaking, Intro to Humanities
Shmoop: Bible as Literature, Shakespeare's Plays, Women's Lit, Modernist Lit, Holocaust Lit
TECEP: Technical Writing
That digital marketing course — I was under the impression that course was already UL, and it might be bumped down to LL so we were supposed to finish it by EOY *incase* it ended up getting bumped down.

Am I thinking of a different course, perhaps? Or did I just have misinformation? (I’m kinda excited if I don’t have to finish it be EOY now because I’m still only halfway done with my final project)
Working on my BABA in Marketing from UMPI.
Check out my path & progress here!
(12-28-2017, 03:34 PM)chattenoire Wrote: That digital marketing course — I was under the impression that course was already UL, and it might be bumped down to LL so we were supposed to finish it by EOY *incase* it ended up getting bumped down.

Am I thinking of a different course, perhaps? Or did I just have misinformation? (I’m kinda excited if I don’t have to finish it be EOY now because I’m still only halfway done with my final project)

The Digital Marketing course is now UL through ACE, so I'm guessing that TESU will keep it at MAR-441 going forward.

Study.com updated a bunch of courses and made them UL, I'm guessing they will continue on with that over the next few months.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Speed of Completion of Sophia.org Courses colonelcamp 4 134 5 hours ago
Last Post: LevelUP
  Study.com charged me another month without my consent Livia_Drusila 7 256 Yesterday, 10:04 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,472 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 1,015 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 8 721 04-08-2024, 11:32 AM
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,561 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,658 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 470,019 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 770 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,943 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat