Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Most affordable degree(s)?
You can do TESU's BALS or BSBA for the same price.  I will attach both here for you.

I'm also attaching the BALS degree I created if you want to use ModernStates.org for free CLEP exams, the Study.com scholarship for 6 free courses in the AOS (major) and using the other free options via Sophia/NFA/TEEX.  With 1 UL Saylor exam, for $25, you are getting 117 credits for $25.  Not even joking about this.

The other thing to keep in mind is that it does not include any Shmoop courses - which are $88/mo for unlimited courses.  So if you wanted to make life a little easier on yourself (no testing centers) and could do a month or two of Shmoop, and load up on some credits there (especially UL), then you'd add $88 to the deal (but could subtract $25), so 117 credits for $63.

With either of these 2 options above, your price is $3,300!!!

So the regular BALS or BSBA is ~$7,000, but you can easily get that down.

Attached Files
.xlsx   TESU BSBA GenMan.xlsx (Size: 41.01 KB / Downloads: 59)
.xlsx   TESU 2016 BALS.xlsx (Size: 45.8 KB / Downloads: 52)
.xlsx   TESU 2016 BALS - CLEP & MS.xlsx (Size: 50.21 KB / Downloads: 106)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 7 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • acamp, coldseal, davewill, HAYDENTREE77, jeremiah_jn, Muldoon, slmartin
(03-15-2018, 11:46 PM)dfrecore Wrote: You can do TESU's BALS or BSBA for the same price.  I will attach both here for you.

I'm also attaching the BALS degree I created if you want to use ModernStates.org for free CLEP exams, the Study.com scholarship for 6 free courses in the AOS (major) and using the other free options via Sophia/NFA/TEEX.  With 1 UL Saylor exam, for $25, you are getting 117 credits for $25.  Not even joking about this.

The other thing to keep in mind is that it does not include any Shmoop courses - which are $88/mo for unlimited courses.  So if you wanted to make life a little easier on yourself (no testing centers) and could do a month or two of Shmoop, and load up on some credits there (especially UL), then you'd add $88 to the deal (but could subtract $25), so 117 credits for $63.

With either of these 2 options above, your price is $3,300!!!

So the regular BALS or BSBA is ~$7,000, but you can easily get that down.

Wow, that's great! Thanks so much.

I thought I saw something about the TEEX courses being expired, though? Or was that other courses?
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • slmartin
(03-15-2018, 11:59 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Wow, that's great! Thanks so much.

I thought I saw something about the TEEX courses being expired, though? Or was that other courses?

They were extended, and are in the process of renewing for 3 more years.

I forgot to mention the competency-based degrees. Using the same methods (CLEP/ModernStates, Study.com/Guardian, Saylor), you could test out of a lot of WGU's Gen Eds and other courses, and get a degree there in a single term for ~$3,500.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 4 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • davewill, est032418, rachel83az, slmartin
(03-16-2018, 12:09 AM)dfrecore Wrote: They were extended, and are in the process of renewing for 3 more years.

I forgot to mention the competency-based degrees.  Using the same methods (CLEP/ModernStates, Study.com/Guardian, Saylor), you could test out of a lot of WGU's Gen Eds and other courses, and get a degree there in a single term for ~$3,500.

Hi there! I just downloaded those degree outlines. How long do you figure they should take? And would you mind outlining the single term WGU competency based degree? It would be (even more) helpful. My head is spinning, sorry for asking for clarification. Thank you so much.
(05-29-2018, 05:36 AM)pickupwhereIleftoff Wrote:
(03-16-2018, 12:09 AM)dfrecore Wrote: They were extended, and are in the process of renewing for 3 more years.

I forgot to mention the competency-based degrees.  Using the same methods (CLEP/ModernStates, Study.com/Guardian, Saylor), you could test out of a lot of WGU's Gen Eds and other courses, and get a degree there in a single term for ~$3,500.

Hi there! I just downloaded those degree outlines. How long do you figure they should take? And would you mind outlining the single term WGU competency based degree? It would be (even more) helpful. My head is spinning, sorry for asking for clarification. Thank you so much.

I have no idea how long it would take - I don't have a degree from there, nor do I know how quickly you personally would be able to do the work.  But I do know that some people transfer in as many credits as possible (usually around75% of the degree) and then finish the degree in a single 6-month term.  Some on here have transferred less and/or gone a bit slower, and taken 2 terms.
(05-29-2018, 10:33 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(05-29-2018, 05:36 AM)pickupwhereIleftoff Wrote: Hi there! I just downloaded those degree outlines. How long do you figure they should take? And would you mind outlining the single term WGU competency based degree? It would be (even more) helpful. My head is spinning, sorry for asking for clarification. Thank you so much.

I have no idea how long it would take - I don't have a degree from there, nor do I know how quickly you personally would be able to do the work.  But I do know that some people transfer in as many credits as possible (usually around75% of the degree) and then finish the degree in a single 6-month term.  Some on here have transferred less and/or gone a bit slower, and taken 2 terms.

That does help, thank you.
(03-15-2018, 11:46 PM)dfrecore Wrote: ...if you want to use ModernStates.org for free CLEP exams, the Study.com scholarship for 6 free courses in the AOS (major) and using the other free options via Sophia/NFA/TEEX.  With 1 UL Saylor exam, for $25, you are getting 117 credits for $25.

This needs its own sticky thread, and should be shouted from the rooftops at every opportunity. Magazines and news sites should be doing articles on this. It should be the lead story on the Evening News (you catch my drift I'm sure).  Big Grin

Instead of constantly reading about increasingly limited opportunities for students, due to the spiraling cost of higher education (and those 6-figure student loans), it would be great to see the other side of the coin get some real press too.

That kind of value is simply insane, and the worst part is - no knows about it except for a small handful of people on a couple of internet forums.  Sad
Bachelor of Arts: Psychology - TESU (pending conferral)
120/120 units complete

SPHR (Senior Professional in Human Resources)
Anticipated Completion Date: 3/31/2019

Master of Human Resource Management - CSU Global
Start Date: 7/1/2019
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nodaclu's post:
  • Yenisei

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,153 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,816 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,275 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,618 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,778 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,751 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 4,939 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 1,937 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,303 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  TESU math degree plan. Am I doing this right? jakepg 9 2,653 08-23-2018, 09:20 PM
Last Post: armstrongsubero