Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motivations behind multiple degrees
I sincerely wanted a second bachelor's in science - at the time, the one I wanted was at TESU in Natural Science (no longer offered) but once I started taking grad courses and realized they weren't super hard, I put my energy on grad school. Now that I have a master's, I for sure have considered another master's, but my desire for another bachelors is gone. If I add another degree, it's going to be from Harvard and purely for vanity. Wink
Unfortunately, I believe, at COSC, you have to do two Capstones if you want to do a double degree.
I decided to go for the BA in Psychology in addition to my BA CS at TESU. The earliest I can graduate is December so that gives me extra time to complete a second AOS & the BA Psychology can be tested out entirely, so why not?
----
TESU ASNSM Mathematics, BACS, BALS Psychology 2020 graduate 
NolaRice Wrote:I decided to go for the BA in Psychology in addition to my BA CS at TESU. The earliest I can graduate is December so that gives me extra time to complete a second AOS & the BA Psychology can be tested out entirely, so why not?

Woah! Have Fun & Good Luck! That's an interesting double major and yes, both are completely test-out-able...
That's the Zuckerberg Combo (I didn't know he majored in that until someone mentioned - Zuckerberg Combo)!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I had a Business degree from decades before.

I really wanted a BS in Homeland Security & Emergency Management (HSEM) to go with a community college AAS in the same subject in my current academic/job interest.  One of the Big 3 became the best deal for me. Big Grin
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

I totally get the desire for more degrees.  I didn't discover this board until I was gathering for information for my kids. I earned a Business and French degree in 1991 and a Masters in Rehabilitation Counseling in 1995.  I recently took all 5 PIA courses from Harvard extension and am applying for scholarships and trying to get my financial ducks in a row to be able to afford the 2 additional Social Science classes that I would need to complete the American Literature and Cultures Certificate through HES.  I have also been excitedly pondering programs in other subjects.  I just turned 50 this summer, but I even have a list of classes and Graduate Certificates that I am interested in pursuing once I turn 65 through the Donovan Scholar's program at my local State University, where you can take 6 hours each semester for free.  I love learning and plan to keep on pursuing knowledge and perhaps even certificates and degrees.
23 year old son: BOG AAS from Pierpont CTC Dec 2019
Myself: BS Business/French-1991, Masters of Rehabilitation Counseling-1995, Completed the Poetry in America Series from HES for 20 credits in English in May 2019.
(07-09-2019, 11:27 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
NolaRice Wrote:I decided to go for the BA in Psychology in addition to my BA CS at TESU. The earliest I can graduate is December so that gives me extra time to complete a second AOS & the BA Psychology can be tested out entirely, so why not?

Woah!  Have Fun & Good Luck!  That's an interesting double major and yes, both are completely test-out-able...
That's the Zuckerberg Combo (I didn't know he majored in that until someone mentioned - Zuckerberg Combo)!

Thank you! I didn't know about the Zuckerberg Combo, that's pretty cool! I've always been interested in AI, so I figured I'd start with organic intelligence Wink  I hear that plenty of people do well with a CS + liberal arts combo, plus it just sounds like a well-rounded education to me.
----
TESU ASNSM Mathematics, BACS, BALS Psychology 2020 graduate 
Ha ha I believe the “Zuckerberg special” was coined by @mysonx3! Smile

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
BALS (Social Sciences) + ASNSM in CS - Sept 2022 TESU graduate

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UVEG - Inexpensive Official Degrees in Mexico bjcheung77 13 1,572 Yesterday, 03:30 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 604 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  University of California System Bans Fully Online Degrees davewill 23 3,618 03-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Inexpensive Certificates, Diplomas, Degrees bjcheung77 1 404 02-20-2024, 01:13 AM
Last Post: mancheseter24
  Futurelearn has BA degrees in Marketing & Design for 13k USD. Masters for 7k USD. nyvrem 1 245 02-16-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How others think of college degrees... bjcheung77 5 545 12-31-2023, 02:27 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Why degree mills center so hard in post-graduate degrees? elcastor21 7 915 12-08-2023, 06:56 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Do extended level 6 diploma's from the UK get evaluated as Bachelor degrees in the US Pinko64 3 559 11-02-2023, 12:01 AM
Last Post: Pinko64
  University of Phoenix to offer Competency Based Degrees elcastor21 11 1,222 10-04-2023, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Guy Has Either 33 or 108 Doctorate Degrees (Allegedly) RbxFunRocks 61 6,616 09-01-2023, 08:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77