Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Chapter is Finished!! :D
Hi everyone!

So, I know I've been a little MIA on the board here lately since I had moved on from testing to taking classes, but I wanted to come back here and post a HUGE thank you to everyone on this board. You guys are the best and so helpful!! I learned so much from this board and I'm so grateful for all of your help! I'm so thankful that the Lord guided me to this site and that He provided this avenue for me to pursue higher education!

I'm happy to report that as of today I have completed all my requirements for a BSBA in Accounting from TESC!! I'm so excited!! Big Grin I started testing when I was a sophomore in high school and now at 19, I'm finished!! I'll be graduating in June!!

To all of you still working on your degree, keep plugging away!! You'll get there! Many times I wanted to quit, but it's worth it when you're finally done! Smile

I'm posting my degree plan here. If anyone wants to put it on the wiki page, feel free! lol I'm not real savvy with those pages yet! Anyone who views this later on, remember that I was enrolled under the old catalog at TESC and the general education requirements have changed!

BSBA Accounting - TESC
General Education (60sh)
A: English Comp (Completed)
* English Compostion - CLEP (6 credits)

B: Mgrl/Bus Communs (Completed)
* Corporate Communications - Saylor course (3 credits)

C: Humanities Electives (Completed)
* Analyzing & Interpreting Literature - CLEP (6 credits)
* Introduction to World Religions - DSST (3 credits)

D: Macro/Microeconomics (Completed)
* Macroeconomics - CLEP (3 credits)
* Microeconomics - CLEP (3 credits)

E: Social Sciences (Completed)
* Western Civilization I - CLEP (3 credits)
* American History I - CLEP (3 credits)

F: BSBA Mathematics (Completed)
* College Algebra - ALEKS (3 credits)

G: Statistics (Completed)
* Principles of Statistics - ALEKS (3 credits)

H: Natural Sci/Math (Completed)
* Biology - CLEP (3 credits partial)

I: General Educ Elects (Completed)
* Biology - CLEP (3 credits partial)
* Chemistry - CLEP (6 credits)
* Natural Sciences - CLEP (6 credits)
* American Literature - CLEP (6 credits)

Business Core:

A: Intr Finl/Mgrl Acctg (Completed)
* Principles of Financial Accounting - DSST (3 credits)
* Principles of Managerial Accounting - Penn Foster (3 credits)

B: Business Law (Completed)
* Business Law - Saylor course (3 credits)

C: Compu Lit/Intr CIS (Completed)
* Introduction to Computers - DSST (3 credits)

D: Princ of Finance (Completed)
* Principles of Finance - DSST (3 credits)

E: Prins of Management (Completed)
* Principles of Management - CLEP (3 credits)

F: Intro to Marketing (Completed)
* Introduction to Marketing - CLEP (3 credits)

G: Bus in Soc/Int'l Mgt (Completed)
* Business Ethics and Society - DSST (3 credits)

H: Strategic Management (Completed)
* Strategic Management - Penn Foster (3 credits)

Specialization:
A: Intermed Acctg (1yr) (Completed)
* Intermediate Accounting I - Penn Foster (3 credits)
* Intermediate Accounting II - Penn Foster (3 credits)

B: Accounting Electives (Completed)
* Auditing - Adams State (3 credits)
* Advanced Accounting - Louisiana State Univ. (3 credits)
* Cost Accounting - Penn Foster (3 credits)
* Federal Income Taxation - TECEP (3 credits)

Business Electives:
* Principles of Supervision - DSST (3 credits)
* Introduction to Business - DSST (3 credits)
* Human Resources Management - DSST (3 credits)

Free Electives:
* American History II - CLEP (3 credits)
* Civil War and Reconstruction - DSST (3 credits)

Total cost for degree - $9,406! (This includes a couple of tests that I took that ended up not being used in my degree plan. Without those it probably would have been closer to $9,000.)
CLEP:
West. Civ I - 65, A&I Lit - 66, Biology - 65, Chemistry - 55, Nat. Sciences - 64, US Hist I - 68, Am. Lit - 61, US Hist II - 62, Am. Gov. - 67, Macroecon. - 63, Microecon. - 75, College Comp. - 66, Prin. of Marketing - 68, Prin. of Mngt - 71

DSST:
Civil War and Reconst. - 70, Prin. of Supervision - 443, Intro to World Rel - 477, Intro to Bus - 443, HR Mgmt - 64, Intro to Computing - 458, Prin. of Fin. Acct - 80Big Grin, Bus Ethics & Society - 447, Prin. of Finance - 437

ALEKS:
Int. Algebra, College Algebra, Precalc, Intro to Stats., Business Stats.

SAYLOR:
Corp. Comm - 78%, Bus Law and Ethics - 76%

PENN FOSTER:
Manag. Acct. - 96, Int. Acct. 1 - 98, Int. Acct. 2 - 87, Cost Acct. - 94, Strategic Bus. Mngt. - 95

ADAMS STATE:
Auditing - 89

LSU:
Adv. Acct. - B

TECEP:
Fed Income Taxation

BSBA Accounting
Congrats. I know exactly what you mean about plugging away at it, I am a few weeks away from being finished too and this board is good motivator as there are always people who can think of another option when you think it might be too big a hurdle to jump!

Enjoy your graduation!
B.A. Liberal Studies (Completed: 2015) - Thomas Edison State College
Congratulations!cheersmate
TESU BSBA General Mgmt 6/10/16 Wink
TESU: TECEP Public Relations Thought & Practice - 82
Penn Foster: Financial Mgmt 94, International Business 97, Strategic Mgmt 98, Corporate Finance 99, Consumer Behavior 95, Human Resource Mgmt 99
Saylor: Business Law & Ethics 82, Corporate Communication 76, Principles of Marketing 72
Sophia: Intro to Sociology 90, Conflict Resolution 87, Project Mgmt 88
Straighterline: Principles of Mgmt 94, Organizational Behavior 88, American Government 92
The Institutes: Ethics and the CPU Code of Professional Conduct (free 2 CR)

COSC - Associate of Science Honors General Studies 2014
COSC - Cornerstone - A
Straighterline: Into to Religions A, Business Ethics B, West. Civ. I B, Intro to Env. Science B
CLEP: A&I Literature - 69
Congratulations.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
mog538 Wrote:Congrats. I know exactly what you mean about plugging away at it, I am a few weeks away from being finished too and this board is good motivator as there are always people who can think of another option when you think it might be too big a hurdle to jump!

Enjoy your graduation!

Exactly! A few of my classes really made me want to just forget it, but you can't quit in the middle! Smile Yes, the people on here are so awesome! Wink
CLEP:
West. Civ I - 65, A&I Lit - 66, Biology - 65, Chemistry - 55, Nat. Sciences - 64, US Hist I - 68, Am. Lit - 61, US Hist II - 62, Am. Gov. - 67, Macroecon. - 63, Microecon. - 75, College Comp. - 66, Prin. of Marketing - 68, Prin. of Mngt - 71

DSST:
Civil War and Reconst. - 70, Prin. of Supervision - 443, Intro to World Rel - 477, Intro to Bus - 443, HR Mgmt - 64, Intro to Computing - 458, Prin. of Fin. Acct - 80Big Grin, Bus Ethics & Society - 447, Prin. of Finance - 437

ALEKS:
Int. Algebra, College Algebra, Precalc, Intro to Stats., Business Stats.

SAYLOR:
Corp. Comm - 78%, Bus Law and Ethics - 76%

PENN FOSTER:
Manag. Acct. - 96, Int. Acct. 1 - 98, Int. Acct. 2 - 87, Cost Acct. - 94, Strategic Bus. Mngt. - 95

ADAMS STATE:
Auditing - 89

LSU:
Adv. Acct. - B

TECEP:
Fed Income Taxation

BSBA Accounting
HorseManiac,

Congratulations!!! cheersmate

And THANK YOU for the meaningful paticipation on this board : your detailed feedback of the courses that you took is invaluable ! You are an inspiration for the "youngsters" on this board. :-) Wish you good luck and a bright future!
Woot! Woot! Congratulations!!! :coolgleam::hurray:
Couldn't use the cheers-mate smiley because you are sitill under legal drinking age...How Darn Cool Is That!!! So maybe have a virgin girly mixed drink (Mai Tai, Sex on the Beach, both yummy) on the house? With a slice of rich dk chocolate cake on the side? WoooHooo, nice combo!! You definitely deserve it!!!

I have one note, I think AOS should read Intermed Acct I and Intermed Acct II, correct?

Call the BFs, turn up the music, laugh and DANCE, DANCE, DANCE!!!

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
Congratulations! I wish you the very best for the future!
I don't know what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future.
Congrats to my horse loving friend! Excellent job. I am so proud of you. Congrats! Please keep us posted on what's coming up next for you.
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
:hurray: :hurray: I have been looking forward to this! So happy and proud to celebrate this tremendous accomplishment with you! Congratulations to our newest college graduate! You did it!!! :hurray: :hurray:
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Finished My Bachelors, Received My Diploma! keepsingin 8 2,189 07-02-2018, 10:21 PM
Last Post: alleycat
Exclamation My very own "I'm Finished!!!" thread boalex207 13 2,525 06-27-2018, 07:55 AM
Last Post: topdog98
  Just finished my Lib Arts Capstone at TESU jsh1138 32 6,164 06-13-2018, 08:36 AM
Last Post: jsh1138
  I just finished the BSBA CIS. eriehiker 6 1,988 12-04-2017, 02:53 PM
  I'm finished and grad school encouragement bannerfield 8 2,665 09-01-2017, 08:14 AM
  Finished!!! BSBA in General Management from TESU 11302 12 3,622 06-20-2017, 10:06 PM
Last Post: jayorjon
  Finished my BSBA kalishakti 4 1,047 06-20-2017, 05:57 PM
Last Post: Nixi
  Finished, TE, Liberal Studies - big thank you to Degree Forum wizards JFH 6 1,424 06-12-2017, 01:46 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Degree Finished - Thank You dhillbilly 50 4,299 09-30-2016, 12:20 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Finished TESC Capstone! FallingWaters 11 1,322 04-28-2016, 12:09 PM
Last Post: Peter123456789