Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Journey - TESU BA Computer Science
I would choose a course over PLA if it is cheap enough and quick enough to serve your purpose. The PLA process is not easy. I don't really know what your experience is like. I had tons which made writing the portfolio and providing exhibits fairly straightforward. That said, looking back I wish I had attempted to PLA more courses. The only courses I took that I could not have taught were Discrete Math and Artificial Intelligence. Discrete Math was not really all new, but I had never come at that material from a rigorous point of view.

If you read through the PLA thread linked in my sig, I wrote about my portfolio in more detail. Skip all the chit-chat about fees, it's not helpful.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • Ideas
Does TESU have a BA in Computer Science? I looked for it under Online Student Services, Evaluations, and can't find anything, just an associates and a certificate.
https://www.tesu.edu/heavin/ba/Computer-Science.cfm
TESU - BSBA: CIS - Dec '17

TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics COSC Cornerstone, Software Engineering Straighterline Business Ethics

Next:
  Related classes at local CC and various Cybersecurity certifications.

Old username:  ajs1976
Ideas, Athabasca (Regionally accredited) has Artificial Intelligence for cheaper than TESU.
[-] The following 1 user Likes homeschoolmom1's post:
  • Ideas
FHSU has some good courses that I need to investigate further Smile http://www.fhsu.edu/virtualcollege/degre...r-science/

I'm happy that I don't have to take Calc II with the degree changes. I wasn't going to do Linear Algebra anyway. However, I probably have to take another regular community college course (not self-paced). I'm ok with that. I hope that I can do it at the same as others. The courses where I need a prereq, and then need a prereq for the prereq are going to take a while.

I intended to take Saylor Software Engineering this month, but now I think I need to wait until early to mid April, so it can be a new UL credit. I'm not sure if I need 18 new UL or if they can be old.

I still don't know if I will have to pay another residency waiver. If I do, then I will probably delay graduation by 3-6 months.

Actually I don't think that makes sense if all the UL had to be new too. I probably could take Software Engineering earlier, but it seems like waiting 5-6 weeks makes sense. The odds it gets downgraded in those 5-6 weeks seems slim, although a quarter will end. ACE says until 11/30/2019, and it seems like a somewhat difficult course.

Now I'm worried about how much the residency waiver will cost, if I can't pay in June. If it goes up by 10%, it would be tempting to pay it next year, but I feel it could go up by $400+.

I feel like a TESU employee, or more than one, might be (unintentionally) misleading me on the 2nd degree enrollment. I think if I do it their way, where I graduate and then come back, almost like I'm a new student, I might lose my year's enrollment from the TECEP. I'm not looking forward to straightening this one out.

Can't you declare a second Bachelor's before graduating with from first one? And then just do 24 new credits after the first graduation?
(02-03-2018, 08:19 PM)homeschoolmom1 Wrote: Can't you declare a second Bachelor's before graduating with from first one? And then just do 24 new credits after the first graduation?

I don't know. I am confused about everything to do with enrolling. 

I thought I could, and this specific advisor had added the other Bachelor's to my list in the past. For whatever reason, I had it removed. Later I asked to add it back, but the advisor seems to be saying that I can't until after I get approved for graduation.

I'm worried that this way lacks continuity and will cost me more, require me to take another TECEP, cause delays, or be otherwise negative. I will have to get it figured out.

You need to insist on adding it, I think. Otherwise you could end up with next year's catalog whether you want it or not. Starting enrolled should keep that from happening. Fee wise, I don't think it will make much difference since you could simply wait until capstone time to become enrolled again.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 430 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 415 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 434 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 2 311 04-04-2024, 10:10 AM
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 15 2,258 04-04-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Kones
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 244 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,174 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 225 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 351 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  ASNSM in Computer Science and TEEX Cybersecurity? Shorn27 2 426 03-18-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: rachel83az