Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Journey to TESU BSBA GM - Advice/encouragement welcome!
I'm SO happy I've found this forum...I would not be over exaggerating to say that you all have saved me thousands upon thousands of dollars. Where I thought it would be taking me a few more years and so much money to graduate, I am now on track to graduate this winter! I'm aiming for December graduation but will push it back to May if I can't complete everything in time.

If you'd like to see my class plan, please check out my spreadsheet below:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

Any comments/advice welcomed! If anyone would like to take a look and point out any errors I may have made, I'd appreciate it; I'm new at this, haha.

A few notes:
- I've organized my spreadsheet by priority and question marks; so the classes at the top are the ones that I'm not sure exactly how they'll come in as.
- TESU gave me credit for the History MOOC that I did through Liberty. I re-did that class through StraighterLine when Liberty only gave me that class as free elective credit; I'm pretty sure TESU will duplicate them. If they do, what happens? Does one get sent to free elective or do I simply not get credit for it?
- I'm looking into seeing if TESU will give me credit for my Chinese proficiency certification, but if not then I'll need to fill my Humanities slot.
- Can anyone tell me if Study.com's Busi 309 will fit into the AoS Marketing slot?
- I'm wondering if I can appeal TESU putting my Intermed Business Applications class into the Business Elective slot instead of the Computers slot. My issue is that I have another class from Liberty that wasn't on my original transcript (because that class hadn't posted final grades when Liberty sent my transcript) and I have no idea how it's going to come in. I hope it'll come in as my 5th AoS class but if not, it needs to go into Business Electives but those are already full. Anyone got any advice on this?

Right now I'm working on a handful of classes getting ready to take the SM Capstone in July..fingers crossed that I can pass it!

To-Do list:
- Send UExcel transcript to TESU/ACE
- Add SL/S.C classes to ACE
- Resend Liberty Transcript

Thanks everyone! I'm really excited to get going!
Gymfan15 Wrote:- Can anyone tell me if Study.com's Busi 309 will fit into the AoS Marketing slot?
Yup, and it's UL Smile

Wishing you the best on this. I think that without this forum I would have just said to heck with getting the degree- way too expensive. Instead it looks like I'll do it for much less than I hoped for!
College (146): RA (134), NA (12)
ACE-recommended (105): Sophia (53), Study (28), Google (12), TEEX (10), Institutes (2)
ECTS (69): ENEB (65), LUT (2), XAMK (2)
IN PROGRESS:

Certificate- Google Data Analytics
Bachelor- Cybersecurity Technology (105/120) /
 Organizational Leadership (99/120)
Certification- CompTIA A+
DONE:
Certificate- Google IT Support

Associates- Business Administration /  BoG (History)
Undergrad certificate- Computer Networking
MBA
I guess consider taking Institutes' Ethics, since you can do it in a couple of hours and it's free.
Saylor is $25/pop. Not much guidance there, and it can be a LOT of reading if you do it the way they want you to do it.
I did Religions via Study.com and it was pretty easy.
See what BFCHEUNG77 has to say about filling in those general electives on the cheap, or quick, or both.

I understand this might be stuff you've already considered.
ACE-recommended (105): Sophia (53), Study (28), Google (12), TEEX (10), Institutes (2)
IN PROGRESS:

DONE:

MBA
StoicJ Wrote:I guess consider taking Institutes' Ethics, since you can do it in a couple of hours and it's free.
Saylor is $25/pop. Not much guidance there, and it can be a LOT of reading if you do it the way they want you to do it.
I did Religions via Study.com and it was pretty easy.
See what BFCHEUNG77 has to say about filling in those general electives on the cheap, or quick, or both.

I understand this might be stuff you've already considered.

I haven't looked into the Institutes; can you direct me to where I can find that information?

I did SL's old Intro to Stats on Saylor and it wasn't my favorite, but then again I'm awful at math, lol.

How useful do you think it is to try Shmoop for filling all those GE Electives? I haven't look into them much so I'm unfamiliar with their process.
Gymfan15 Wrote:How useful do you think it is to try Shmoop for filling all those GE Electives? I haven't look into them much so I'm unfamiliar with their process.

Shmoop will test your patience with convoluted questions, but you can get so many cheap credits if you put in the time.

So you passed Intro to Stats?

Ideas Wrote:Shmoop will test your patience with convoluted questions, but you can get so many cheap credits if you put in the time.

So you passed Intro to Stats?

I didn't; hence the plan to retake that requirement as Business Stats. I ended up with a 63%, I think. I hate 50% weighted finals, lol. Still, it was a learning experience, and I feel much better equipped to do it a second time with much less angst. :p I've thought about retaking Saylor's Intro to Stats (since it's the same thing as SL's) but that's a 100% weighted final and I feel like it's highly unlikely I could get a 70% on that so why waste the money?
http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...-need.html
Ethics

I am hoping to have an Econ stats switched from Other elective to my stats requirement. Otherwise i'll try Saylor. I figure even if I fail a Saylor the first time, I should learn enough from the attempt to do well the 2nd time.

I never checked out schmoop as I went with the expensive, time consuming route for my electives Smile
IN PROGRESS:

DONE:

MBA
Gymfan15 Wrote:I hate 50% weighted finals, lol.

I guess you need StraighterLine then.

Ideas Wrote:I guess you need StraighterLine then.

Yep...I've had a pretty good experience with StraighterLine so far; although for all of those courses I learned the subjects well so I was at 90% or above before the final...I know for most subjects, I can get away with a single large test. I did Personal Finance on Study.com recently and was pretty pleased with it.
Hmm... You can use Study.com for your AOS, from looking at your google docs spreadsheet, you hit 3 areas with this 309 Digital Marketing course.
I recommend taking your Stats at Straighterline and the rest of your courses there as well. For the speed, if you want ease, continue with Study.com
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,976 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,659 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,104 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,640 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,731 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,342 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,590 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,321 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,374 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,859 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore