Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My academic eval
The only reason I mentioned the GPA and employment it is because I just saw this happen in the last month. It is bad enough everyone wants to have a degree for employment purposes, now they want a GPA.
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
uhhhh my head hurts, but, umm,

I have 18 credits in "free electives" that look like they should be able to distribute somewhere else into my degree program and my FEMA credits should transfer into free electives. Is this because of the major I chose? Should I have picked Liberal Studies and then I'd be done?
BA in Social Sciences from TESC complete!! Looking into online grad schools :coolgleam:

Nope it is not the major it is TESC. I told you a had a heap of trouble in the beginning. My stuff was all over the place. Sent you a PM.
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
I think there is some confusion here....

The scanned document is not a transcript. It is the progress report for his degree plan. These documents never show the source of the credit ( like the school it transferred from ) however this information will show up on the official transcript.

So please keep that in mind as you consider your course of action.
We all have credits being transferred from many sources...but owe are still getting our degrees from accredited schools. They can put Penn Foster, aleks, fema, straighterline, etc on my transcript, it's fine with me.....

How much is different on your tesc academic evaluation from your official transcript?
BA in Social Sciences from TESC complete!! Looking into online grad schools :coolgleam:

I agree. I don't care if 120 of my credits we're from Mickey Mouse University, at the end of the day it's RA :hurray:

Certification (ACA) University of Central Florida
B.A. (Social Sciences) Thomas Edison State University
On the official Transcript they break down credits by where they were earned. I would scan mine in, but my scanner is down and I can't figure out DH's.

First it says
TRANSFER CREDIT
then it says the college earned at Name,
Next it list those credits with the SH but without the grade. It does that for the 3 CC I had credit at.

Then comes
ASSESMENT CREDITS
these are then broken down into
TESC -Assesment credits
which are my FEMA's

TESC- ACE
Aleks courses

TESC-Dantes
All Dantes taken

TESC-Clep
all CLEP taken

TESC-Excelsior exam

Then a new Heading
INSTITUTIONAL CREDITS
These are broken down into Semester this is the only place they show grades and only for actual TESC courses They also give a term and Cumulative GPA Putting N/A if you only took TECEPS

After the Semester you last earned TESC credit the list
Degree earned
Area of Study and
Date conferred

If you then returned for another semester that is listed the same as before

Then the next degree is listed in the same way.

The only way for a school to figure out your GPA is to look at the final semesters cumulative GPA.

This is from an Official Transcript I ordered then opened because I took more classes after.

I hope this explains it well enough.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,675 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  General question about TESU academic evaluation fork 3 1,313 03-24-2018, 05:43 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  TESU Academic Eval (Questions - Help Please) Gloddy 6 2,101 03-17-2018, 08:15 AM
Last Post: Gloddy
  Is TESU's academic evaluation less accurate for out-of-major calculations? Pelican 4 1,239 03-14-2018, 11:12 AM
Last Post: rlw74
  Help with Excelsior eval Iamtehking 5 1,446 03-03-2018, 06:22 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Help with Academic Eval TESC jayboy 8 2,207 02-01-2018, 02:46 PM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU Updated Eval Question ggabriele26 4 1,828 09-08-2017, 10:35 AM
Last Post: ggabriele26
  COSC Academic Achievement Award pic triforce828 4 1,409 06-18-2017, 01:05 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU updated my eval FAST! dfrecore 8 1,469 06-15-2017, 04:42 PM
Last Post: rlw74
  Got my eval from Tesu! Iamtehking 24 2,693 06-02-2017, 05:03 PM