Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My current degree plan for BACS, any suggestions
Question 
I'm planning doing Bachelor Computer Science at TESU(have beeing pondering other options but may lean to going TESU) this is my (currently incomplete) degree plan. It considers ending my current term at IU Applied Sciences.

Any suggestion or ideas?

Attached Files
.xlsx   Plan de Titulo TESU.xlsx (Size: 13.24 KB / Downloads: 25)
Introduction to Academic Work will probably not count for English Comp I unless, for whatever reason, the evaluator says it's English Comp I. You may have to provide a syllabus to the evaluator to try to get them to evaluate it as English Comp I. Otherwise, it will probably count as something like "College Success" - which is an elective at TESU.

Public Speaking at Saylor? No, they don't have that. They have Public Relations, which isn't the same thing. Maybe you meant Sophia? Do Presentation Skills in the Workplace at Study.com. Due to the length of the Sophia course, both Sophia and Study.com can wind up costing about the same - but SDC can be completed in 1-2 days and Sophia in 1-2 months.

You do NOT need "Marriage and the Family", or "Exploring American Cinema". Those are TESU-specific courses that work for that section, but there are a LOT more that work there. Check out https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...n_Cultures to get a better feel for what you can take/not take here (definitely recommend reading the whole page). You need: 3 credits of social sciences, 3 credits of history, 3 credits of humanities, plus 6 credits of your choice of social sciences/history/humanities.

Same with "General Earth Science" and "The Science of Nutrition". You don't NEED those specific courses, but they're not electives either. You need 6 credits of literally any science. Your Physics course can work here, too. Depending on how many credits it actually translates to, you may or may not need another Sophia science course.

If you're confused, try not to worry. It'll make a lot more sense once you're a TESU student and you can see the "real" degree plan they keep hidden from the public.

I don't know why they changed it to the nonsense that's on their site right now. Those are not even the only options that TESU itself offers to fill out the Comp Sci degree.

For your Area of Study, I don't think you have sufficient UL credits (3000 level or higher). The Capstone counts, as does Computer Architecture. This gives you 6 credits out of 18 UL total in the AOS. Beyond that, you're going to need 12 more UL credits. It's possible that your IU credits will evaluate as UL credits. But they may not. Check out https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ience_Plan for UL credit suggestions. You will need to pay for at least a couple of months of Study.com, which isn't on your current plan.

German I can be used in the gen eds. I think it counts in the Humanities and can take the place of Exploring American Cinema in your current degree plan.

If you're going to do the 15-credit flat-rate term to save money, which is highly recommended, make sure you check out this page for suggestions: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Th...#Residency Suggested courses for Comp Sci students doing a flat-rate term include:

Cornerstone (SOS-1100)
Capstone (LIB-4950)
Software Engineering (CIS-3510)
Computer Concepts and Applications (CIS-1070) as an ePack that requires no additional study.
Either Artificial Intelligence (COS-4510) or an easy 100/200 level ePack https://www2.tesu.edu/listallc.php?type=EP

ePacks are exams that are similar to TECEP exams. They both count as RA credit. Unlike TECEPs, however, ePacks cost as much as a regular course and DO count for TESU residency. TECEP exams do not count as residency credit.

I would strongly recommend applying now and sending in what you have completed already from at least Universidad El Salvador. This will get the ball rolling and allow you to see what you actually need to complete, not just the (IMO) kind of fake degree plan TESU has on their site.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 3 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • davewill, elcastor21, origamishuttle
Saylor does not have:
English Composition II
Public Speaking
Operating Systems
Computer Architecture

I don't think IU's Introduction to Computer Science will count as Intro to Programming. Language Training English won't count (you can do Foreign languages, but English doesn't count as one of those in the US).

You don't have enough UL credits. I'd probably take a bunch of Sophia courses to do your GE and Free Electives, transfer everything in in November after you finish at IU, and see where everything comes in. Then plan out the remaining credits. You won't NEED XAMK courses since you'll have enough RA, but you can certainly take anything you'd like there if it's cheaper than SDC. But we know for certain how SDC courses come in, and this degree can be completed via SDC once you're done with Sophia and IU.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • origamishuttle
(08-28-2023, 09:46 AM)dfrecore Wrote: Saylor does not have:
English Composition II
Public Speaking
Operating Systems
Computer Architecture

I don't think IU's Introduction to Computer Science will count as Intro to Programming.  Language Training English won't count (you can do Foreign languages, but English doesn't count as one of those in the US).

You don't have enough UL credits.  I'd probably take a bunch of Sophia courses to do your GE and Free Electives, transfer everything in in November after you finish at IU, and see where everything comes in.  Then plan out the remaining credits.  You won't NEED XAMK courses since you'll have enough RA, but you can certainly take anything you'd like there if it's cheaper than SDC.  But we know for certain how SDC courses come in, and this degree can be completed via SDC once you're done with Sophia and IU.

Hi, thanks for everyone's responses, I will check it all and try to make another degree plan right here, will do all the recommended from Sophia and send an evaluation to TESU
(08-28-2023, 09:55 AM)elcastor21 Wrote: Hi, thanks for everyone's responses, I will check it all and try to make another degree plan right here, will do all the recommended from Sophia and send an evaluation to TESU

You send transcripts, TESU does an evaluation of those transcripts, to tell you what they're bringing in, and where they're putting everything.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(08-28-2023, 09:56 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(08-28-2023, 09:55 AM)elcastor21 Wrote: Hi, thanks for everyone's responses, I will check it all and try to make another degree plan right here, will do all the recommended from Sophia and send an evaluation to TESU

You send transcripts, TESU does an evaluation of those transcripts, to tell you what they're bringing in, and where they're putting everything.

Pretty sure OP means the foreign transcript evaluation(s). You send the transcript(s) to the foreign transcript evaluation service (such as ACEI), then you send those evaluations to TESU for them to make their own evaluations. But Sophia does, indeed, go on a transcript and only TESU evaluates that.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Actually, I just reviewed your initial thread here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ience-ASAP
Depending on your energy, money, time, and because you're so young, you can do the BACS/BSBA CIS with just 4 extra courses...
I would mix and match LevelUP & Rachel83AZ degree plans, find out what you want to do using a combination approach...
LevelUP's version: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...egree_Plan
Rachel83AZ's link: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...z_version)
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Hi, I'm planning enrolling to TESU Bachelor in Computer Science, this has been my journey and previous information so far:

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ience-ASAP
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...uggestions

This is my current degree plan spreadsheet, assuming I drop out now from IU. I know and I still lack planning TESU residency credits to get a waiver and some RA credit in Electives.

Any suggestions for improvement

Very thanks in advance

Attached Files
.xlsx   Plan de Titulo TESU.xlsx (Size: 12.1 KB / Downloads: 6)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Final Stretch Degree Plan Help TESU BSBA Sargoththemino 3 39 3 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BSBA BS... Dual degree nonsense. CanICode 50 5,239 Yesterday, 09:25 AM
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 13 739 Yesterday, 09:06 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Where should I get my accounting degree? mt_1994 10 256 04-25-2024, 10:10 AM
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 636 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 567 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 420 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 391 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 348 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
  Double Degree How To kowenboy 3 305 02-29-2024, 01:05 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat