Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My degree helped!! I have a job interview.
You did a great job. Keep swinging!
Texas A&M - Commerce - BAAS summer 2023
California Coast University - BSBA 2008

Well guys I applied for another job at the same company. I truly believe I am perfect for this job it needs someone mature with a diverse background. One of the requirements is "Proven ability to quickly learn large amounts of new complex technical information required" I think the fact that I earned 29 credits in 4 months (or one semester) while working and preparing and taking 3 PRAXIS II exams, says I meet that requirement. Now I just have to at least get a phone interview to get a chance to spell that out to them. Wish me luck.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
Lindagerr Wrote:Well guys I applied for another job at the same company. I truly believe I am perfect for this job it needs someone mature with a diverse background. One of the requirements is "Proven ability to quickly learn large amounts of new complex technical information required" I think the fact that I earned 29 credits in 4 months (or one semester) while working and preparing and taking 3 PRAXIS II exams, says I meet that requirement. Now I just have to at least get a phone interview to get a chance to spell that out to them. Wish me luck.

Good luck!
Total Newb Big Grin - Enrolled at TESC for AA, eventually going for BA Psych.

Thanks to everyone who provides such awesome information on this site, I'm slowly getting the hang of this crazy process.

CLEP - Intro. Psych. - 63, A&I Literature - 72, Intro. Edu. Psych. - 59
ALEKS - Intermediate Algebra
FEMA - 12 Credits
Good luck!
BA Liberal Studies from Thomas Edison State University
I think you're going to have a better experience this time around. I think this forum is a good example of people not willing to accept defeat. No problems, only solutions, right? Good luck!
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)
Lindagerr, have you considered doing one of the WGU Post-Baccalaureate Online Teacher preparation programs to finish up getting your credential? From looking at their website it looks like they work with schools near you to help meet the In-Classroom Student Teaching (Demonstration Teaching) requirement. Their tuition also looks pretty affordable, especially since you have almost everything done.
BA Liberal Studies from Thomas Edison State University
Thank you all for the well wishes, now I just have to wait and see.

@Daithi: I appreciate the suggestion, I looked at that program and the MAT program at WGU I was going to do the MAT but then I realized the program would take a minimum of 1 year and I would have no teaching experience except the student teaching. There are so many experienced younger BA and MA teachers out there I think my chances of a job are limited. In NJ I also had the in of two school systems that were familiar with my work here I am just another of many.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Abide University Honorary Doctors Degree bjcheung77 0 585 07-07-2023, 02:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TEFL opportunities without a degree Personherebb9 3 514 06-11-2023, 03:09 AM
  for those who have a math degree - is your job math related ? bluebooger 0 542 03-22-2022, 11:42 AM
Last Post: bluebooger
  How has getting a degree from the Big Three (and others) changed your career or life? schristian10 3 948 01-21-2022, 09:43 AM
Last Post: williammosher
  Dr. Amy Cuddy 8 years for 1 degree ashkir 3 974 07-11-2021, 01:56 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Degree Forgery Alpha 8 1,623 04-28-2021, 05:16 PM
  History of Degree "Hacking" collegehacked 8 2,776 07-13-2020, 09:48 AM
Last Post: collegehacked
  Excelsior Graduate earns Master's degree. Oh yeah, she's 14 MNomadic 7 1,671 06-17-2020, 02:51 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  For Sale: Southeastern US Bachelor Degree Granting College bjcheung77 6 2,006 06-04-2020, 10:03 AM
Last Post: lillingworth
  How has your degree improved your life? kevinmane 21 6,481 03-12-2020, 04:27 AM
Last Post: Zo_ey