Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My very first CLEP coming up..
Hi everyone,
I'm scheduled to take my first CLEP this coming Monday for macroeconomics. I'm so scared!Everyone whose posts I have read all seem so confident and seasoned at this stuff.How do you know if you are ready?I have studied for 2 weeks when time permits,and,so far,I "know" about 55% of the material on instantcert.I read the REA for macro I and am about to read part II. I'm scared my nerves will "make" me flunk my test.Any of you pros out there have advice for a rookie? About taking the first exam AND taking macro CLEP. I'm so scared I'll flip out if I fail.I'm pretty much an A student in college and HATE just passing an exam.Any calculations on the macro clep?Any peace of mind anyone can offer me to think about just in case I fail it so I won;t flip out,start crying and break stuff?Thanks all!And good luck!
keandre Wrote:Hi everyone,
I'm scheduled to take my first CLEP this coming Monday for macroeconomics. I'm so scared!Everyone whose posts I have read all seem so confident and seasoned at this stuff.How do you know if you are ready?I have studied for 2 weeks when time permits,and,so far,I "know" about 55% of the material on instantcert.I read the REA for macro I and am about to read part II. I'm scared my nerves will "make" me flunk my test.Any of you pros out there have advice for a rookie? About taking the first exam AND taking macro CLEP. I'm so scared I'll flip out if I fail.I'm pretty much an A student in college and HATE just passing an exam.Any calculations on the macro clep?Any peace of mind anyone can offer me to think about just in case I fail it so I won;t flip out,start crying and break stuff?Thanks all!And good luck!

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Navy"]Hi Keandre -

Welcome to the IC-Forums!!

It's all about preparation.

Learning the subject matter and taking those practice exams are the key to success! Of course you want to be scoring better than 50% (half correct) on those exams before sitting the real exam. It's the 4-R's that will help you find your way (See my signature below for my advice suggestions). GOOD LUCK!!![/COLOR][/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Relax, I'm sure you will do fine. Keep using IC and learn the concepts, not just the answers. The exam that I took followed the topic listing on the exam description fairly well.

Do you have the College Board Study Guide? There is a shorter sample test in there. If you can answer about 60 to 70% of those questions correctly on your first try, you will pass.

The Principles of Macroeconomics Test is one of the CLEPS that Excelsior gives a letter grade. I think that you only have to score a 64 for an A. That's about 75% of the questions.

One last thing, I always feel that I didn't do as well on a test as I actually did. Right before the program is going to show my score, I'm thinking that I scored a 55 or 60 and I end up with a 70.

Good luck,
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="blue"]
BS in Accounting(General) from Excelsior College
Enrolled in MBA program at Upper Iowa University.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The American Dream Academy (TADA) coming to an end in April 2024 Vle045 41 6,263 04-17-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Vle045
  New UK Bachelors Degree Online coming soon! Leedeedee 1 300 04-03-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 515 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 1,856 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  combine CLEP & ACTFL? defmo 5 862 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Coming Soon: Free Diploma of HE in Tourism & Service Business Management (XAMK) sarahmac 0 981 06-23-2022, 05:58 AM
Last Post: sarahmac
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 6 1,333 05-25-2022, 10:02 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Another $400 in Free College Aid Could Be Coming Your Way LevelUP 3 681 04-18-2022, 05:06 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Prep for College Composition with Essay CLEP ? abs_co 3 1,653 11-11-2021, 07:39 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Big Grin CLEP US HISTORY II Advice basol007 2 1,288 03-14-2021, 02:14 PM
Last Post: basol007