Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NationsU M.T.S. Journey
I filled out the registration form and paid. There's so little they request on the first form, but they do ask what religion you are. 

I am a little bothered that I don't see a nice downloadable program .PDF now that I'm logged in. There seems to be a PDF syllabus for the prison programs (an overview for the whole degree, not just for each course), but I don't want to click enroll on those pages, to avoid possible confusion and in case it counts as one of my 2 enrolled courses. I'm curious, however, if the prison ones are easier or different courses.

However, I guess all I need to think about now is MRS 622, and then M1, and then M2. I'm hoping that a lot of the books are available in e-reader formats, because I have trouble reading anything else. Or that I can find good substitute books.

I don't think I'll be finishing the course until late Feb, because I don't think I'll be starting it soon. However, I should be locked into the lower price for 2 years, starting now. I believe that I might need until May to finish the second course. But I would speed up considerably as I have more time.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Ideas's post:
  • jb111
Each course has a syllabus that can be accessed once you click "enroll". You can also unenroll if you choose not to take that course. All the books are available online at no cost. I had purchased the Brueggemann textbook (which I don't believe is online) because it said it was "required" for OT. Turns out I didn't really need it. They tell you to read one chapter but the exams didn't reflect the material in the textbook. The other textbook and links within the course add additional clarification and really help when you get to the written assignments. With that said, I wouldn't buy the OT textbook because there are plenty of free online resources that will give you everything you need.

*As a side note, for MRS 622, I know they tell you to read Augustine and a'Kempis but I came across nothing in the course (testing-wise) that related to those works. I had already read them a while back, didn't review them much during the course and never ran into any problems.

I don't believe you can enroll in the prison courses. Their structure is somewhat different because of proctoring and access to textbooks. You shouldn't need to access those at all. Once you enroll in that first course you'll see that the format is very nice and easy to use and the syllabus is pretty comprehensive.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
[-] The following 4 users Like rlw74's post:
  • HistoryMaker, Ideas, jb111, Mamasaphire
(12-21-2017, 11:44 AM)rlw74 Wrote: I don't believe you can enroll in the prison courses. Their structure is somewhat different because of proctoring and access to textbooks. You shouldn't need to access those at all. Once you enroll in that first course you'll see that the format is very nice and easy to use and the syllabus is pretty comprehensive.

Speaking of proctored settings, how does that work with Nations? I mentioned this to my father (assistant pastor without any credentials) and he wants to chase this down, but he's not sure about the proctoring setup.

I think it's more about time than having someone watch you. He's been studying the Bible for 22 years, so he could probably pass the tests blind.
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Thorne's post:
  • jb111
Thorne Wrote:Speaking of proctored settings, how does that work with Nations? I mentioned this to my father (assistant pastor without any credentials) and he wants to chase this down, but he's not sure about the proctoring setup.

I think it's more about time than having someone watch you. He's been studying the Bible for 22 years, so he could probably pass the tests blind.
Thorne, does your dad have a degree already or up to 90 credits for transferring to Nations? If he does, he can take the BRS first and get into the MTS program. OR, he can go for a BALS quickly, and then get into the MTS program.

Proctoring goes by the Honor Code. The proctor has to be certified by them before any proctoring can occur.
Link 1: https://nationsu.edu/take-a-proctor-exam/ and Link 2: https://nationsu.edu/become-a-proctor/

Professionals who are government officials, military personnel, public, college or prison librarians, prison educational department employees, human resource personnel, guidance counselors, lawyers, teachers, and clergy will be considered.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • jb111
You take, usually, three non-proctored exams during a course and usually two written assignments which are essays, research papers, or something of that sort. The writing assignments count for a huge portion of your grade.

At the end of the first three courses you take a comprehensive, proctored exam. A pastor, teacher, librarian, someone like that can serve as a proctor after applying to be a proctor. It takes a couple of days for them to get approved. I was told it can be just about anyone, as long as they are not related to you and are willing to sit with you the entire time and sign off on the honor code that you didn't cheat during the exam.

There is a second proctored, comprehensive exam after the next two courses and then one after you've completed all course work just before your degree confers.

I haven't taken my first comprehensive exam but I should be ready here in a couple of weeks. I'll let you know how it goes.
[-] The following 2 users Like rlw74's post:
  • Ideas, jb111
It seems to me that only about 18-21 of the NU MTS credits can transfer to the Liberty MDiv. The courses are so different. So I am still very interested in doing the MDiv at NU, more so than Liberty. However I really wish NU had cognates/concentrations like Liberty.

I plan to take a break between the MTS and MDiv.

I'm still considering starting another Masters in within 12 months (but not within 4 months), which would slow down my progress on the MTS (and probably my BA-CS/Eng too).

You can't beat the cost of the MDiv at Nations. Unless someone really needs the degree from Liberty it's not a bad idea just to stay in the program.

However, if someone really wants that Liberty degree, 21 credits for less than a $1000 or at their new rate of around $1400, is an amazing deal. That's cheaper than most ACE credits cost at undergrad level.

For me, since it's just for personal reasons, I'm loving being able to work on this degree without the financial stress.
[-] The following 2 users Like rlw74's post:
  • HistoryMaker, Mamasaphire
(01-26-2018, 12:46 AM)rlw74 Wrote: You can't beat the cost of the MDiv at Nations. Unless someone really needs the degree from Liberty it's not a bad idea just to stay in the program.

However, if someone really wants that Liberty degree, 21 credits for less than a $1000 or at their new rate of around $1400, is an amazing deal. That's cheaper than most ACE credits cost at undergrad level.  

For me, since it's just for personal reasons, I'm loving being able to work on this degree without the financial stress.

I am thankful the NU MDiv is an option. It's my eventual plan, but for now just the MTS Smile

But I would really consider Liberty if it's cheaper than I was thinking! How can someone get 21 grad credits for $1400? Are you looking at the Bible school rates? As far as I know their MDiv is $2750 per 15 credits at the cheapest, and costs more if you cannot do exactly 15 credits per term. Unless you are military, then it's like $300 off per term. And 2 terms are not enough to get all the resident credits needed.

No, I was referring to the 18-21 credits earned at Nations for $1000 or $1400(new rate) as being an amazing deal. If you can transfer that many in, that saves you having to pay the tuition at Liberty for those credits.
(01-26-2018, 01:02 AM)rlw74 Wrote: No, I was referring to the 18-21 credits earned at Nations for $1000 or $1400(new rate) as being an amazing deal. If you can transfer that many in, that saves you having to pay the tuition at Liberty for those credits.

Oh, right. I was guessing that many, but I think that someone would also have to take the first class at NationsU and not get credit at Liberty for it, and possibly other courses that don't transfer. Some people cannot do 21+ credits the one year, but others can Smile

Liberty's application turns me off. They apparently only want to accept people with the 1 faith Sad I still want to attend Liberty for something else, as they only seem to require that for their Divinity school. I would really consider going there if not for that... and the price. 

I'd probably be considering it if it cost $6K at Liberty, but I believe it would take $8250 minimum for the courses (plus tech fee, books, grad fee, etc). This is in addition to the NU coursework. If I were getting reimbursement or military rate, I would likely go to Liberty.

I'm hoping by the time I'm doing my MDiv, NU has some additional options for courses/concentrations.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Robert Cavelier University Journey armstrongsubero 26 1,460 03-19-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  American Institute of Law - My Journey AnonJD2027 14 1,916 03-19-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: JazzMac
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 31 6,850 03-08-2024, 08:40 PM
Last Post: HogwartsSchool
  Northwestern California University School of Law - My Journey GoodYellowDogs 47 14,284 02-14-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: MFG
  Round 2 - WGU MSITM Journey quigongene 41 6,539 04-16-2022, 10:26 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Walden MHA tempo learning journey Sparklette 17 3,886 02-24-2021, 08:46 AM
Last Post: pkmoose
  NationsU graduate RoyalSpade 4 962 02-20-2021, 02:07 PM
Last Post: StoicJ
  NationsU to Liberty RoyalSpade 3 1,500 01-02-2021, 07:51 PM
Last Post: novamonday
  Walden U - MS Psych Learning Tempo Journey warriortaupou 3 1,046 10-07-2020, 06:22 PM
Last Post: Unity
  Walden Master I/O Psychology -compentency based $1100 - My journey xspect 57 12,590 09-21-2020, 10:39 PM
Last Post: warriortaupou