Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Natural Science Clep
Has anyone had any experience with this Clep? I am towards the end of my degree and want to kill my remaining credits with Cleps. I took the practice test from the Princeton Review Cracking the Clep 5th edition. I got 91 out of 120 questions correct. On the practice one from the 2014 Official Clep Study Guide I got 52 out of 83 correct. I'm almost 22. In highschool, I was in the honor sciences and remember a lot of the basics. I understand that raw scores are not the same as the actual Clep scores, but would my raw scores indicate I should pass? If anyone has any other free practice test they know of that work well, I'd appreciate it as well.
I took this Exam today and got a 48 on it. :mad:
Was there any prep tests you did? How did you do on those?
i didnt do any prep test really. I printed off the one from the site. I think buying the biology one would be helpful for this test
i sent you a private message
As a person who never took a Clep, I can't say what works well. Im planning on taking the Natural Science one soon. I'm just a little nervous because while I consistently get 60+% on practice tests, Im not sure how the actual Clep compares nor am I sure how they scale it. It might be hard to say consistently with only 2 practice tests. I was hoping for more advice to see how my practice test results should compare to the actual Clep.
A lot of people have talked about taking the bio Clep first because of overlapping material. I don't plan on doing that. However, I took the practice test from the Clep official study Guide. I got 34/80 on the Bio practice Clep. As a reminder, I took the Natural Science practice test from the Princeton Review Cracking the Clep 5th edition. I got 91 out of 120 questions correct. On the Natural science practice one from the 2014 Official Clep Study Guide I got 52 out of 83 correct. I'm almost 22. In highschool, I was in the honor sciences and remember a lot of the basics. I understand that raw scores are not the same as the actual Clep scores, but would my raw scores indicate I should pass?
Tictac Wrote:A lot of people have talked about taking the bio Clep first because of overlapping material. I don't plan on doing that. However, I took the practice test from the Clep official study Guide. I got 34/80 on the Bio practice Clep. As a reminder, I took the Natural Science practice test from the Princeton Review Cracking the Clep 5th edition. I got 91 out of 120 questions correct. On the Natural science practice one from the 2014 Official Clep Study Guide I got 52 out of 83 correct. I'm almost 22. In highschool, I was in the honor sciences and remember a lot of the basics. I understand that raw scores are not the same as the actual Clep scores, but would my raw scores indicate I should pass?

I think your bio score would not be passing, but your Nat Sci course might. Most people around here recommend that you start to get in the 60%+ range on practice tests from the CLEP study guide and/or REA guides before you attempt the exam. Your scores are fairly low. I don't know how well the Princeton Review practice tests are as an indicator of how well you will do.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I figured the bio was going to be too low. Bio is my weaker link but given how half the test is bio, I would think the other half might carry me. I plan on improving my bio. I plan on taking a Peterson practice test as well before hand and also the REA. Should I look at CLEP study guides from other years for the Natural Science or are they recycled questions?
Tictac Wrote:I figured the bio was going to be too low. Bio is my weaker link but given how half the test is bio, I would think the other half might carry me. I plan on improving my bio. I plan on taking a Peterson practice test as well before hand and also the REA. Should I look at CLEP study guides from other years for the Natural Science or are they recycled questions?

You only need 1 CLEP guide, they only update the tests occasionally, and those haven't been changed in a long time.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AP Computer Science A homeschoolmom1 7 210 03-20-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Questions regarding IDSS (through the MITx micromaster for data science path) blablablox 0 176 03-06-2024, 09:58 AM
Last Post: blablablox
  Offspring and Descendents Lead Singers On Why They Got Science PhDs Jonathan Whatley 9 1,204 02-16-2024, 10:37 PM
  Introductory data science courses inor 6 509 02-08-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: fmsoa
  Recommendations For 18 LL or 9 UL Social Science Credits harrypotter 3 381 11-08-2023, 07:27 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  So long, computer science — Chaos Studies is the hot new college degree LevelUP 9 1,163 10-15-2023, 11:14 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
Information Coursera Bachelor of Science in Computer Science for $4k! nomaduser 19 3,876 09-16-2023, 06:32 PM
  UMPI YourPace Computer Science ashkir 99 18,847 09-07-2023, 12:06 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 475 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
  Science pre-reqs with No Proctor MeangreenMBA 2 599 06-23-2023, 01:33 PM