Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need 8 easy credit ideas for a BSBA
I will have a little free time this summer and would like to try to get 8 courses or of the way for my BSBA. In your experience, what are some easy quick courses and where do I take them? Easy and quick, as in easy material to absorb, and testing for credit is readily available.
Hmm, Basically, I would suggest taking the courses at Straighterline and Study.com
You may want to give us more details on what courses you have taken and have credit for.
Otherwise, we'll most likely be giving you course recommendations that you already have taken.
Do you have a spreadsheet created? Do create one for reference/tracking purposes?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
The BSBA isn't really flexible in what you can take, not like the BALS where so much can apply to either free electives or AOS. To answer that question we would really need to know what you've taken or what you have left. I could give a list of courses I thought were "easy" but you may have already taken them.

Without knowing that though, I would suggest anything at study.com (and probably SL - although I didn't take my courses through them). I know with study.com I never had a course that I didn't consider "easy" because its so repetitive and they have lots of practice exams. SL allows open book on some of their courses - not all - and you could probably read the textbooks before you start the course and then be able to go in and take the exams all back-to-back.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
With all that said though...maybe Aleks would work if you need math? Flat price for one month, go through the assessments and you can easily get several courses out of the way in a relatively short time (if you are good at math). I'm pretty sure most of them can be used in a BSBA program.
I need about 110 credits so really is just like throwing a dart at a board. I am just looking for help identifying the easiest targets. I have the COMs out of the way but need just about everything else.
Read the wiki and Beginners Guide, get a spreadsheet up and running (use dfrecore's example BSBA general management)
Wiki Guide: http://degreeforum.wikia.com/wiki/The_Basic_Approach
Take all the free courses first: http://degreeforum.wikia.com/wiki/Free_S..._of_Credit

Follow these two threads and take your Straighterline courses. For Study.com, take courses not already taken at Straighterline.
http://www.degreeforum.net/saylor-org-st...548-a.html
http://www.degreeforum.net/saylor-org-st...1-via.html

Aleks for Math- I looked at their website. Is this just for study materials or does this include the test for credit?
If you need Gen Eds I recommend Intro to World Religions - was pretty easy as I was already familiar with Christianity and Judaism. Islam was pretty easy to pick up. The hardest ones were the Eastern Religions only because of some of the overlap in terms. I took it through study.com so can't speak to other course providers but am guessing it would be pretty easy no matter what route decided.

The other thing I would highly recommend - if you are sure this is the degree plan you want to follow - go ahead and take the Strategic Mgmt TECEP. It will do two things...lock in your catalog and help you avoid the capstone course that it looks like they are going to push through after June. My understanding is, June is the last month you can apply for the TECEP. So go ahead and register for it if you can. Otherwise you'll be stuck paying for a $1500 capstone course in the future.
ALEKS, is a non proctored assessment tool that uses artificial intelligence to "see how you're learning" and give you an assessment grading.
As long as your assessment is 70% or higher, you can request ACE credit. A max of about 12-15 credits for 4-5 courses.
I would take the following 5, Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Precalculus (or Trigonometry), Statistics (1 of the 3).

If you are going to go for COSC, I think they give credit for Beginning Algebra - If you have time, take it too just in case.
Spend your time, it took me a month for all 5 but STATS, I literally failed it several times, finally got credit for it at Straighterline (failed once too!)
If you're taking stats at Straighterline, don't take the Introduction to Stats, I failed it, took Business Statistics and it was easier.

I would say do a 1 month at Straighterline where you do as many as you can possibly finish. Some of them are easy. Someone here did 42 credits in 1 month. Typical is less than that, but you get an idea.

Or a month at Shmoop. Some people do 6+ credits a week. Shmoop can be a pain though.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 7 1,530 04-06-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Rubeferry18
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,953 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 245 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 742 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU---Easy Courses and TECEPS midnite123 5 590 01-04-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Op Eds - I Vote on Plagiarism Cases at Harvard College. Gay’s Getting off Easy. posabsolute 0 294 12-31-2023, 09:42 PM
Last Post: posabsolute
Question Extension Schools for Credit Transfer Tobutz 4 698 12-13-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Upper-level credit via XAMK, Metropolia or U of Helsinki jg_nuy 0 484 12-09-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Looking for cheap Dual Enrollment credit for homeschooled sister muu9 4 530 11-16-2023, 05:47 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  2D Cad/Technical Drawing Credit Eligible Courses flamewerks 0 332 10-17-2023, 02:15 PM
Last Post: flamewerks