Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Help With TESU BSBA Finance Plan
Hello everyone, 

Thanks for all the great info on this site, I've been trying to read over everything and soak it all in. I found a TESU Finance plan on this site but I'm afraid it may be old. Could someone look it over and tell me if it's still good to go please? Is there anything you would change? Also, if anyone has knowledge/experience with the GI Bill, is it possible to receive GI Bill payments while doing TECEP or anyother online testing course? 

I only listed the courses/subject areas that I need for completion according to TESU's credit evaluation and their online Academic Evaluation. Thanks

Attached Files
.xlsx   TESU_Fin_Plan.xlsx (Size: 12.34 KB / Downloads: 67)
Security Analysis and Portfolio Mgmt TECEP/Study.com
Money and Banking DSST
Financial Institutions and Markets TECEP/Study.com
Corporate Finance Study.com/Davar Academy/PF
Multinational Business Finance Study.com/Davar Academy
Assessing and Managing Risk CSU-Global

I would probably save the Risk one for last, as Study.com has it and may end up getting it ACE recommended at some point in the future. If they don't by the time you finish everything else, then CSU-Global is your best option I think.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • ambull01
(03-06-2019, 02:45 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Security Analysis and Portfolio Mgmt TECEP/Study.com
Money and Banking DSST

I would probably save the Risk one for last, as Study.com has it and may end up getting it ACE recommended at some point in the future.  If they don't by the time you finish everything else, then CSU-Global is your best option I think.

Thank you sir! I have another question about the free Insurance Ethics course from The Institute. The SH hours listed on the sheet I found on this site is 2. TESU requires 9 SH for Civic Learning which would be 3 SH in Diversity, Ethics, and Civic Engagement. Would you recommend I take another course in order to satisfy the 3 SH requirement?
(03-06-2019, 02:56 PM)ambull01 Wrote:
(03-06-2019, 02:45 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Security Analysis and Portfolio Mgmt TECEP/Study.com
Money and Banking DSST

I would probably save the Risk one for last, as Study.com has it and may end up getting it ACE recommended at some point in the future.  If they don't by the time you finish everything else, then CSU-Global is your best option I think.

Thank you sir! I have another question about the free Insurance Ethics course from The Institute. The SH hours listed on the sheet I found on this site is 2. TESU requires 9 SH for Civic Learning which would be 3 SH in Diversity, Ethics, and Civic Engagement. Would you recommend I take another course in order to satisfy the 3 SH requirement?

TESU will grant an exception for the 1 SH shortage in the Ethics section, and you will make up the difference in the GenEd elective section.

(Also, the poster you are responding to, dfrecore, is a ma'am, not a sir.)
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
(03-06-2019, 02:57 PM)mysonx3 Wrote:
(03-06-2019, 02:56 PM)ambull01 Wrote:
Money and Banking DSST

TESU will grant an exception for the 1 SH shortage in the Ethics section, and you will make up the difference in the GenEd elective section.

(Also, the poster you are responding to, dfrecore, is a ma'am, not a sir.)

Okay perfect! I already have 20 Gen Ed electives and I only need 19. Thanks for the info. 

I knew I should have wrote thank you sir/ma'am. My apologies. 
I should be done with my degree already but alas, procrastination set in yet again. I'm about to leave the military (National Guard) so I need to hurry up and pass as many CLEP exams/tests as I can before I lose my status as an active military member. I'm in northern VA so there's a lot of CLEP centers nearby including Fort Belvoir. Anyway, I have a few more questions. I'm planning to knock the rest of courses out starting in January and hopefully attain my degree in the summer. I've read through the forum and this is what I've found out about TESU. Please let me know if I'm mistaken.

- I read it takes about three months to complete the capstone. Can I still go through the capstone and cornerstone at the same time? I believe I'm supposed to request the capstone after I'm a bit over 100 credit hours.

- CLEP will be the cheapest way to complete the remaining courses as I can do them for free. Some say they were able to complete CLEP exams in about a week or so. Is this accurate/feasible? If not I may just pay SDC the $199 a month as I may be able to go through 4-5 courses a month by paying for the exam/test fees.

- I completed The Institutes Ethics course so that gives me two credit hours towards the Ethics Leadership requirement. TESU will grant me a waiver and hopefully all my other transferred credits through prior college education and military training will satisfy the remaining one credit.

- I wait until I'm sure I'm ready to knock out the cornerstone and capstone requirement then I register as a student.

- For the Finance concentration, only 12 of the 18 credit hours must be in upper level courses. Somehow I figure out what UL courses will satisfy the six credit hours. Anyone know a good way to do this? Why is the Finance courses grouped in Group 1 and Group 2 categories? 

- Almost forgot. I have to pay the capstone fee and residency waiver fee. This will kinda suck but hopefully I'm hired by a company I just interviewed with (Booz Allen) and they pay it through their FlexEd benefit program. 

I also have a spreadsheet that I wanted to include but I left it at work in my haste to leave the building. I'll post it tomorrow. Thanks in advance for answering questions previously answered ad nauseum.
Theyre split into two groups because one is lower level and the other is upper level.

I need one more course in the AOS in Finance if I do the whole study.com route. Having a hard time finding what would complete it.
TESU - BA CS

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 279 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 258 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,157 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy