Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Excelsior Credit Transfer Help (CLEP,DSST,Straighterline, ECT.)
Hello All,

I am hoping someone can help me with the following question. I think I have narrowed down my choice to Excelsior after I complete my A.A.S at my current school. My questions are as followed:

1. Does anyone have a list of Which Test(CLEP,DSST)/Courses(Straigterline/Study.com) will transfer into Excelsior and at what Course Code as I cannot find this information yet.
2. Does Excelsior take Straigterline/Study.com type courses also TEEX and ALKES (I think that's how its spelt)
3. Does anyone already have a guide for an Accounting Bachelors from Excelsior (currently working on my own)
4. Any additional information that you may thing is needed.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Synicaal Wrote:Hello All,

I am hoping someone can help me with the following question. I think I have narrowed down my choice to Excelsior after I complete my A.A.S at my current school. My questions are as followed:

1. Does anyone have a list of Which Test(CLEP,DSST)/Courses(Straigterline/Study.com) will transfer into Excelsior and at what Course Code as I cannot find this information yet.
2. Does Excelsior take Straigterline/Study.com type courses also TEEX and ALKES (I think that's how its spelt)
3. Does anyone already have a guide for an Accounting Bachelors from Excelsior (currently working on my own)
4. Any additional information that you may thing is needed.

Study.com doesn't have a transfer equivalency page, but here's SL's: Excelsior College Course Equivalency Guide | StraighterLine

They used to have a testing catalog with lists from CLEP, DSST and others, but for some reason deleted it.

They accept all ACE-recommended (and NCCRS-recommended) courses just like TESU & COSC (including ALEKS and TEEX). It's just a matter of what they will transfer in as.

Your best bet is to check with them directly. Not sure how helpful they will be, but certainly more helpful than TESU (I've heard, plus it's practically impossible to be LESS helpful than TESU!).

Also, remember that the Capstone at EC is 6cr rather than 3cr at TESU or COSC, so you will pay $3000 for the course. Plus any fees. They also require precalc (COSC and TESU only require College Algebra), Stats, and Quantitative Analysis. So a lot more math than TESU or COSC.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Last week I posted a list of the latest CLEP and DSST options for Excelsior. Hope it helps. Smile

http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...-exam.html

Excelsior is very straightforward about taking credits exactly as they are listed on the ACE or NCCRS credit guides. Straighterline has no upper level credit and Study.com has two courses (Advanced Operations Management and Advanced Technical Writing).

For ALEKS, take IN ORDER Beginning Algebra, College Algebra, Precalculus and Statistics to maximize your credit potential.

TEEX credits count as lower level Applied Professional hours.

Also, if the 6-hour Capstone is too daunting but you want to go to Excelsior, they have a Bachelor of Professional Studies in Business and Management that dovetails with their AAS in Business. It only requires a 3-hour Capstone.

If you are interested in partnership pricing at Excelsior, POAG is the Police Officer Association of Georgia, which you may join as an associate member for $25/ year.
Join The POAG | Peace Officers Association of Georgia
Excelsior College | Peace Officers Association of Georgia
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
Thanks All, I was planning on TESU but I can't find out if it will be counted for Civil Service tests in NYS. I am still working on getting notification if it will or not.

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
I just checked and your Hudson Valley CC AAS will get you the partnership pricing at Excelsior, so no need for POAG in your situation.
Excelsior College | Hudson Valley Community College (NY)

And looking at your classes/ tests already taken, that's good because they might take your CLEP College Composition Modular with Essays even though they usually do not. I would strongly encourage you to take a regular English Comp II class, Straighterline Comp II, or even Excelsior's UExcel English Composition for 6 hours if you are interested in Excelsior though.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
KayV Wrote:I just checked and your Hudson Valley CC AAS will get you the partnership pricing at Excelsior, so no need for POAG in your situation.
Excelsior College | Hudson Valley Community College (NY)

And looking at your classes/ tests already taken, that's good because they might take your CLEP College Composition Modular with Essays even though they usually do not. I would strongly encourage you to take a regular English Comp II class, Straighterline Comp II, or even Excelsior's UExcel English Composition for 6 hours if you are interested in Excelsior though.

Still not certain on my best plan of action yet. I'm currently working on cross accepted credits at either Excelsior and TESU, I am currently talking with NYS Civil Service to verify is TESU is NYS Accredited for Civil Service.

Also about your College Comp comment, I noticed that College Comp Modular counts for 6 credits at HVCC but not the other two which sucks. I am hoping for at least a 50+ and the first essay passed. That will get my Comp I at HVCC and then I can take COMP II elsewhere if need be. They should just have 1 test for these to make it easy but of course they don't do that. (English Comp I/II the main classes I want to test out of as well)

dfrecore Wrote:Study.com doesn't have a transfer equivalency page, but here's SL's: Excelsior College Course Equivalency Guide | StraighterLine

They used to have a testing catalog with lists from CLEP, DSST and others, but for some reason deleted it.

They accept all ACE-recommended (and NCCRS-recommended) courses just like TESU & COSC (including ALEKS and TEEX). It's just a matter of what they will transfer in as.

Your best bet is to check with them directly. Not sure how helpful they will be, but certainly more helpful than TESU (I've heard, plus it's practically impossible to be LESS helpful than TESU!).

Also, remember that the Capstone at EC is 6cr rather than 3cr at TESU or COSC, so you will pay $3000 for the course. Plus any fees. They also require precalc (COSC and TESU only require College Algebra), Stats, and Quantitative Analysis. So a lot more math than TESU or COSC.

As far as I can see, all of the capstones at Excelsior are 3 credits expect Cybersecurity which is 4.
OakLakeNC Wrote:As far as I can see, all of the capstones at Excelsior are 3 credits expect Cybersecurity which is 4.

BUS499 is 6cr: https://my.excelsior.edu/documents/78666...2d9687245e
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Yes, I do see the 6cr capstone now. For a General Accouting concentration he would need the 6cr course. That probably would make other schools a better option financially. If you must stick with Excelsior, then maybe an alternative is a Bachelor of Science in Liberal Arts with an accounting focus? Or the Bachelor of Professional Studies in Business ? For a Liberal Arts focus you just need 21 credits in the subject with 6 of those being upper level.

Original poster, the accounting guide is on page 23 and 27 of the School of Business Catalog. You can download the catalog from the Excelsior site- no need to be a student.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,857 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Does TESU put the free Ethics class from the Institutes as a grade or just as credit? Jenna.C 19 5,460 09-14-2018, 12:27 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
Question Does anyone have a copy of a TESU Credit Bank transcript they'd be will to post? Kelly Green 2 2,070 08-30-2018, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  TESU received my DSST transcript - do I need to do anything? Kelly Green 8 2,306 08-29-2018, 12:02 AM
  Unofficial DegreeForum Wiki - Credit by Exam info, Degree Plans, etc dcan 43 26,936 08-17-2018, 11:29 AM
Last Post: elenlushk
Question Can I send CLEP/DSST scores for 2 Bachelor Degrees? elenlushk 3 1,813 08-16-2018, 11:07 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  TESU - BSBA HR spreadsheet? UL AOS credit suggestions allvia 7 2,670 08-12-2018, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Jimmy999
  DSST credit on TESU Individual Learning Account (Credit Bank)? Kelly Green 6 2,006 08-11-2018, 01:11 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Excelsior HR Degree Progress glgamerica 6 1,820 07-31-2018, 10:44 PM
  Excelsior: ALEKS Beginning Algebra duplicates ... bluebooger 13 3,158 07-26-2018, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Exfactor