Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Needing BSBA plan online proctored exams only
Due to some recent changes at the company I have worked for the last 5 years I need to have a college degree in order to be promoted.

So here I am! I have been trying to search the wiki for a BSBA General Management degree plan that only requires completion online only because I am unable to attend any in person exams during the work week now and there are no locations near me that do the CLEP exams on weekends.

Currently I have 9 credits:
English 101 (Community College)
College Composition Modular (CLEP)
CIT-100 Comp Fund/Applictn (Community College)

Would using Saylor and Study dot com be sufficient to transfer nearly 100% of credits to obtain BSBA?
Great thread on just this topic for COSC BSBA (currently the lowest cost BSBA of the Big3) - https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Transcript

If you're in the US you may want to consider WGU, if you can finish in one term (6 months) it could be the lowest cost option - https://www.wgu.edu/online-business-degrees.html  Even if you finish in two terms its very affordable; especially if you qualify for financial aid or employer tuition reimbursement.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(08-05-2019, 11:34 AM)Sweetswinks Wrote: General Management degree plan that only requires online proctored exams

Why wouldn't no proctored exams be okay?  Proctoring and exams are limiting factors you don't need.
(08-05-2019, 12:51 PM)Old Guy Wrote:
(08-05-2019, 11:34 AM)Sweetswinks Wrote: General Management degree plan that only requires online proctored exams

Why wouldn't no proctored exams be okay?  Proctoring and exams are limiting factors you don't need.

Good point! I meant only ways to get this done online and not in person.

(08-05-2019, 12:12 PM)allvia Wrote: Great thread on just this topic for COSC BSBA (currently the lowest cost BSBA of the Big3) - https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Transcript

If you're in the US you may want to consider WGU, if you can finish in one term (6 months) it could be the lowest cost option - https://www.wgu.edu/online-business-degrees.html  Even if you finish in two terms its very affordable; especially if you qualify for financial aid or employer tuition reimbursement.

That's great info thank you!
I'm open to any accredited university as long as I can do this 100% online and it won't cost more than $7,000 overall.
One question and one recommendation: Q - Do you have any tuition reimbursement from work?
I would recommend taking courses from StraighterLine/Study.com as a combo vs taking courses at Saylor because of the course structure.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-05-2019, 02:40 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: One question and one recommendation:  Q - Do you have any tuition reimbursement from work?
I would recommend taking courses from StraighterLine/Study.com as a combo vs taking courses at Saylor because of the course structure.

So yes there is tuition reimbursement but you must stay with the company for 1 year post graduation otherwise I have to pay it back and I don't want to risk that. I'll check out Straighterline and study.com
Why don't you try WGU? You can transfer up to 90 credits from Saylor, study.com, straighterline, etc.

Then you take you final credits at WGU 100% online and at your own pace.

This is the cheapest BSBA of all the big 3 and the quickest too if you finish in one term.

You could even try to get tution remiembursment for it as well. And then if you leave the company and have to pay it back, it would only be around 3,200 which isn't too bad for school, compared to if you went somewhere else. TESU, COSC and EC would be more money and you wouldn't probably be able to even use tution remiembursment because you won't take courses from them. TESUs waiver fee is 2800 alone so I'm just saying financially WGU could be your best bet.
(08-05-2019, 12:12 PM)allvia Wrote: Great thread on just this topic for COSC BSBA (currently the lowest cost BSBA of the Big3) - https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Transcript

This is a pretty nice source, but almost 1 year old, something changed at COSC in the way they accepts some courses, you think they still transfer Shmoop courses??

Shmoop is for far the cheapest option, at least for LL courses.
(08-05-2019, 05:49 PM)natshar Wrote: Why don't you try WGU? You can transfer up to 90 credits from Saylor, study.com, straighterline, etc.

This is the cheapest BSBA of all the big 3 and the quickest too if you finish in one term.

You could even try to get tution remiembursment for it as well. And then if you leave the company and have to pay it back, it would only be around 3,200 which isn't too bad for school, compared to if you went somewhere else. TESU, COSC and EC would be more money and you wouldn't probably be able to even use tution remiembursment because you won't take courses from them. TESUs waiver fee is 2800 alone so I'm just saying financially WGU could be your best bet.

So WGU only allows up to 90 credits transferred from Saylor, Study.com and Straighterline? That means I would need to do about 18 credits through WGU so 6 classes in 6 months. 
looks like its $3225 for 6 months tuiton at WGU. I would need to look at TESU and COSC to compare.
(08-06-2019, 10:14 AM)Sweetswinks Wrote:
(08-05-2019, 05:49 PM)natshar Wrote: Why don't you try WGU? You can transfer up to 90 credits from Saylor, study.com, straighterline, etc.

So WGU only allows up to 90 credits transferred from Saylor, Study.com and Straighterline? That means I would need to do about 18 credits through WGU so 6 classes in 6 months. 
looks like its $3225 for 6 months tuiton at WGU. I would need to look at TESU and COSC to compare.

You will have to do a minimum of 30 credits at WGU. Depending on what kind of time you can commit, many people have found that very doable.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 255 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Biochemistry online, no lab, and less than $500. GoodYellowDogs 11 10,141 03-20-2024, 04:16 PM
  The 100 Most Popular Accredited Online Colleges for 2024 LevelUP 2 205 03-20-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,448 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 596 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  University of California System Bans Fully Online Degrees davewill 23 3,603 03-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  LLB University of London Online newdegree 1 348 02-28-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: freeloader
  Is online college easier now? Vle045 21 1,089 02-26-2024, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Free or affordable Christian Chaplaincy Online Sowak777 4 366 02-21-2024, 06:39 AM
Last Post: The need 2 learn
Shocked Online Course Provider 2U (edX) Faces Doubts It Can Continue ($900 Million in debt) Ares 3 373 02-16-2024, 02:51 AM
Last Post: studyingfortests