Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Needing a few more TECEPs please advise
So I've posted my evaluation on here a couple times, however I am deciding to fulfill the Military process at TESU by completing 24 hours to save money and am trying to make the most of the TECEP exams as they are cheaper upfront for me and seem like a better option. First, does anyone know if I take a class can I remove a current class I have filled in through their evaluation and use that as a required class or TECEP. Seems taking 24 hours is kinda vague. Does that mean I can have just 24 hours through them and some of the classes not count towards a degree or do I need 24 hours through them actually on my transcript. Right now I am signed up for the Marriage and Family TECEP for this semester, but am needing another 21 hours. I still need an Ethics and another Personal and Social Responsibility Elective. I'm thinking maybe fill this with another TECEP or just another class like Sociology or the Psychology of Women TECEP. Not sure how hard any of these TECEPs are, but I'll find out soon enough.
Any 24 credit hours will do for the residency requirement. They can be TECEPs, ePacks, PLA, or regular classes. Obviously TECEPs are cheapest. The residency credits don't have to fit into your degree, although some of them may well bump your transfer credits out if they do fit.

I found the Environmental Ethics TECEP pretty challenging. I was kind of wishing I had taken the Ethics in America DSST, but they both require studying a lot of philosophy, so it might not have been any easier. There's a free ethics course out there. It's only 2 credits, but a few folks have gotten away with using it to fulfill that ethics requirement and filling the odd credit with an elective. Since it's free and supposedly pretty easy, you really can't go wrong trying it. Someone will pop up with the info, I'm sure.

I used Saylor courses to study for the Intro to Sociology and Intro to Anthropology DSSTs, along with the InstantCert flash cards, and that worked pretty well for me. I was able to cram and take the tests in about three weeks (I wasn't working at the time).
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
I thought both English Comp I and Technical Writing were very easy.
Andy

---------------------------------

TESC - BSBA: CIS

Current Degree Plan
Complete:  TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics
Remaining:  Waiting for credits to process

Applied Math was crazy easy, English Comp II was pretty easy, Technical Writing as well.

If I were close to the end and just needed to take TECEP (that might "bump" your other courses out of their places), I would take things that I had already taken and could pass easily. I would also take anything I needed to still take as a TECEP.

I have a list of all the multiple-choice only TECEP's if that helps (non-business courses):
Public Relations Thought & Practice - all multiple choice (not easy though)

Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics - all multiple choice (very easy)
College Algebra - all multiple choice

Principles of Statistics - all multiple choice

The Science of Nutrition - all multiple choice
Introduction to Political Science - all multiple choice

Introduction to Sociology - all multiple choice

World History from 1600 to Present - all multiple choice

Abnormal Psychology - all multiple choice

Computer Concepts & Applications - all multiple choice
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Does anyone know if TECEPs taken before applying and enrolling at TESU, will count towards resident requirement when you actually are enrolled?
Goal: BA/BS in Psychology

Credit Sources
Straighterline
Aleks
Study.com
Kaplan
l8989v Wrote:Does anyone know if TECEPs taken before applying and enrolling at TESU, will count towards resident requirement when you actually are enrolled?

I don't think you can take TECEP's until after you apply any longer? You should check on that. I seem to recall some conversations here where this was discussed.

Sorry, don't know the answer to your question.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I just took and passed the Public Relations exam with only about 8 hours of studying. There is some overlap between it and the Advertising TECEP exam, so you could take them both.
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
tsimmns Wrote:So I've posted my evaluation on here a couple times, however I am deciding to fulfill the Military process at TESU by completing 24 hours to save money and am trying to make the most of the TECEP exams as they are cheaper upfront for me and seem like a better option. First, does anyone know if I take a class can I remove a current class I have filled in through their evaluation and use that as a required class or TECEP. Seems taking 24 hours is kinda vague. Does that mean I can have just 24 hours through them and some of the classes not count towards a degree or do I need 24 hours through them actually on my transcript. Right now I am signed up for the Marriage and Family TECEP for this semester, but am needing another 21 hours. I still need an Ethics and another Personal and Social Responsibility Elective. I'm thinking maybe fill this with another TECEP or just another class like Sociology or the Psychology of Women TECEP. Not sure how hard any of these TECEPs are, but I'll find out soon enough.

How was the Advertising exam? It's one of the things I have looked into taking for an UL for the BSBA degree.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU---Easy Courses and TECEPS midnite123 5 600 01-04-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Missed NJDOE GPA for CE by .15! NEED ADVISE ASAP! PLEASE HELP! mel_y_mel 35 3,103 10-06-2021, 10:48 PM
Last Post: NoStudentNoCry
  Needing BSBA plan online proctored exams only Sweetswinks 18 3,603 08-06-2019, 04:18 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  need advise with online BA in psychology medo 5 1,230 05-27-2019, 02:43 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Need Advise and/or Degree Plan germ 7 1,642 09-18-2018, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Advise Re: Second Degree Plan DezCez 10 2,387 08-18-2018, 02:13 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Advise for a 9th grader rlw74 13 2,445 01-23-2018, 01:24 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Need Teceps. ECH90 10 2,076 06-29-2017, 06:53 PM
Last Post: ECH90
  TECEPs do not need ACE or NCCRS approval. Don't ask a school if they accept TECEPs. sanantone 11 2,475 04-12-2017, 03:59 PM
Last Post: a2jc4life
  Have we already talked about the $3 increase in TECEPs? New Tuition/Fees MD_AJIBULU 3 1,478 04-11-2017, 03:32 PM
Last Post: diminutive