Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New COSC policy for ACE and NCCRS providers
Yikes! That's too bad. I wonder if they're doing this to somehow keep their degree value from somehow being "watered down" by all the people seeking education because of Covid19, if these plans have been in place for a long time, or what.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Ibantpi
Effective July 1, 2020.
Also it says max 90.
"Effective July 1, 2020:

All courses, programs, or exams offered by alternative educational providers (non-regionally accredited entities) recommended for credit by NCCRS or ACE will not be accepted in transfer unless an agreement with the provider and Charter Oak exists. Students will be limited to a total of 90 degree-applicable credits from non-regionally accredited course providers, even if an agreement is in place."
You'd think the fact we are in a depression (and this is just the start) would make these institutions maybe just hold off on making big changes to their policies. Not just for the sake of students who may be having a hard time just eating and paying bills, who now will have many thousands of dollars added to their degree bill. But also the fact that there is no reason for anyone who doesn't have 30 RA credits just kicking around to spend money at COSC. NO REASON. You can bring 90 into MANY schools, as far as I know.
Big 2 until further notice I guess.
[-] The following 3 users Like ARhead's post:
  • Clepper43, harrypotter, rachel83az
Effective July 1, 2020:

"All courses, programs, or exams offered by alternative educational providers (non-regionally accredited entities) recommended for credit by NCCRS or ACE will not be accepted in transfer unless an agreement with the provider and Charter Oak exists. Students will be limited to a total of 90 degree-applicable credits from non-regionally accredited course providers, even if an agreement is in place."

https://acorn.charteroak.edu/ICS/

So you could transfer in 30 regionally accredited credits (community college, dual enrollment, other university credits), plus up to 90 credits from ACE/NCCRS providers, plus cornerstone, capstone?

Also, note wording "unless agreement exists." Does that rule out TEEX, CSM, the Institutes? Study.com, Sophia, Straighterline have agreements. Are there others that have agreements?

Really surprised at the change in terms of Charter Oak being usually the follower. 

Maybe that residency waiver at TESU isn't so bad after all?
(05-09-2020, 09:16 AM)Clepper43 Wrote: Effective July 1, 2020:

"All courses, programs, or exams offered by alternative educational providers (non-regionally accredited entities) recommended for credit by NCCRS or ACE will not be accepted in transfer unless an agreement with the provider and Charter Oak exists. Students will be limited to a total of 90 degree-applicable credits from non-regionally accredited course providers, even if an agreement is in place."

https://acorn.charteroak.edu/ICS/

So you could transfer in 30 regionally accredited credits (community college, dual enrollment, other university credits), plus up to 90 credits from ACE/NCCRS providers, plus cornerstone, capstone?

Also, note wording "unless agreement exists." Does that rule out TEEX, CSM, the Institutes? Study.com, Sophia, Straighterline have agreements. Are there others that have agreements?

Really surprised at the change in terms of Charter Oak being usually the follower. 

Maybe that residency waiver at TESU isn't so bad after all?
As I said in another post you only have to transfer in 24 because 6 come for COSC.

I wonder if TECEPs or UExcels would work? I don't see why not because they come a regionally accredited school.
[-] The following 1 user Likes natshar's post:
  • Clepper43
I'm kind of wondering if COSC isn't getting overwhelmed by applications right now by people looking for an "easy" fix to their joblessness. Sure, it's more money for COSC but they might see this route as being easier than hiring new staff.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Clepper43
(05-09-2020, 02:49 AM)lacussucceed Wrote: Also it says max 90.
"Effective July 1, 2020:
...Students will be limited to a total of 90 degree-applicable credits from non-regionally accredited course providers, even if an agreement is in place."

This is a horrible development, especially for those who may already be working on a plan to graduate from COSC.
I assume even CLEP exams fall within this requirement. Would they count TECEP and UExcel exams as regionally accredited courses?
I don't know what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future.
(05-09-2020, 09:41 AM)topdog98 Wrote:
(05-09-2020, 02:49 AM)lacussucceed Wrote: Also it says max 90.
"Effective July 1, 2020:
...Students will be limited to a total of 90 degree-applicable credits from non-regionally accredited course providers, even if an agreement is in place."

This is a horrible development, especially for those who may already be working on a plan to graduate from COSC.
I assume even CLEP exams fall within this requirement. Would they count TECEP and UExcel exams as regionally accredited courses?

I was wrong, see below.
Confirmed - cleps or tests will not meet the 30 credit requirement

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  COSC Credit Registry Won't Accept Credly siege101 16 3,055 02-24-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Should COSC Lose Stand Alone Category Here? SophiaPrincess 23 2,896 01-21-2024, 07:12 PM
  Business and Managment BA COSC alt credit option ice.paint 6 795 11-24-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: withrown
  COSC New GE Requirements Emmalina 20 2,435 08-30-2023, 02:17 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  COSC DEI requirements SkMama 11 1,115 08-20-2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC requiremnt for lab course and new Sophia Labs Kab 14 1,356 06-29-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC Accepting few SDC credits scottlefoll 54 6,848 06-22-2023, 07:42 PM
  Do you have to write a lot of papers at COSC? MichaelD 10 2,278 08-06-2022, 11:17 AM
  COSC Drops Liberal Studies Concentration Tedium 6 1,928 03-15-2022, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  COSC President and Provost on Accountability in Higher Education SteveFoerster 9 1,681 02-28-2022, 08:33 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso