Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Member!
Hey,
How is everyone doing on this fine night?
So I am currently going for my AAS degree at the moment. I am almost done.
I am finishing up English Comp 1, Info Age, and I did the Cornerstone already (Jul-Sept)
Next up I have Org. Behavior, Bio 101, and Geography(Aug 27-Nov)
Comm 209, Principles of Management, and Intermediate Algebra along with the AAS 295 Capstone. (trying to figure out dates for this)

I am looking for ways to condense this down, as I do not want to wait until June of next year for Degree Conferral and Transcript release showing graduation.

I am attempting to get into the March Graduation, can anyone offer any advice?
If you're taking those at TESU, then I would choose alternative sources for a few of those to save time and money.
Principals of management can be CLEPed-it's considered one of the easiest
For comm 209 I believe you can do study.com communications 120: workplace communications https://study.com/academy/course/present...place.html  it is considered one of the easiest and fastest courses.
For algebra, a lot of people recommend ALEKS https://www.aleks.com/ because for $20/ month you can work at your own pace and if you know enough, test out of a subject on the initial assessment. or you could look into the applied libarts mathematics TECEP to see if it satisfies requirments. only $75

You could also see if you can substitute your capstone for Org. Behavior, Bio 101, or Geography next month and take the any of those 3 through study.com instead.

Also, someone reported that TESU advisors said they could do sophia foundations of college algebra to satisfy quantitative literacy. https://phoenix.sophia.org/online-course...ge-algebra
It's free if you sign up through the university of phoenix sophia site but will still transfer just fine to your ACE transcript. It's a pretty quick and good course
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
Ok, this is the type of information I was looking for!!!

How does ALEKS work, I looked through there and ill be honest all the options confused me.
Study.com how exactly does it work? does it cost anything? I was also looking at potentially Straighterline, but I really dont want to pay that much money. 
Sophia? Never heard of it.

Do you know anything of modern states?
What major is your AAS?
Also, Welcome and good luck!

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
Ah, I think you're going for one of those AAS degrees at TESU, doable if you execute my strategy, quickly...
You need to start the AAS 295 Capstone by November Term at the latest if you want to graduate March.
Further to that, you need to apply for graduation before January 1. I recommend before Xmas (holiday delays).
Link: https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/gr...nformation

Which degree in particular? Which educational provider from ACE or NCCRS are you using?
I assume you're taking mainly CLEP/SL/Study.com courses or something?
Have you applied to TESU and do you have an academic evaluation yet?
Are you going to ladder these into a Bachelors at TESU in the near future?

Do you have any certificates? Credits from previous studies? - Y/N
Are you leaning towards cheap, easy, fast or a combo of them all? Rank them in priority.
How busy are you? How much time do you have to spend on studying?
Do you have family/kids that you have to attend to?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-06-2018, 07:14 PM)squirrely181 Wrote: Ok, this is the type of information I was looking for!!!

How does ALEKS work, I looked through there and ill be honest all the options confused me.
Study.com how exactly does it work? does it cost anything? I was also looking at potentially Straighterline, but I really dont want to pay that much money. 
Sophia? Never heard of it.

Do you know anything of modern states?

I haven't personally used ALEKS before so hopefully someone else can help you there. Here is their ACE approved courses page: https://www.aleks.com/about_aleks/ace_credit

study.com costs $200/month and lets you finish 2 college courses per month at that rate, so it's $100 per course if you finish 2 per month. On study.com you basically view 5-10 minute long lessons(or read the transcripts) and take short multiple choice quizzes afterwards(you get multiple tries). After you finish all the quizzes you can take a proctored final. 

If straighterline is too pricey for you, check this thread regularly for coupon codes: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...de?page=37

Sophia is just another online provider like study and straighterline with its own pros and cons.

modernstates is awesome! They have free courses that give you a basic introduction to a subject plus access to a free opensource textbook. If you finish their course, they will pay for your CLEP. I've finished 2 cleps for free this way and am taking my third this week.

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
CSM(3cr)
(08-06-2018, 07:15 PM)MNomadic Wrote: What major is your AAS?

Military Leadership and Tech. just tyring to get the AAS out of the way. 
I might transfer after the AAS into a school that allows takes he AAS and puts you in a Operations management program.
I already know i will use SL at some point for Law, Ethics, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, College Algebra, and English Comp 2. and most likely Acct 1 and 2

(08-06-2018, 07:17 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Ah, I think you're going for one of those AAS degrees at TESU, doable if you execute my strategy, quickly...  
You need to start the AAS 295 Capstone by November Term at the latest if you want to graduate March.
Further to that, you need to apply for graduation before January 1.  I recommend before Xmas (holiday delays).

Which degree in particular? Which educational provider from ACE or NCCRS are you using?  

Are you leaning towards cheap, easy, fast or a combo of them all? Rank them in priority.
Yes I am in TESU, forgot to mention that, i apologize. I know its doable. its gonna be rough on me. 
That was when i figured i would start the Capstone. 
AAS Military Tech and Leadership. Nope, I have military credits and such that transferred over. The courses i listed are exactly what i need to finish the degree. 
Already applied, and in courses at the moment (the first three listed), Yes i have an eval. trying to figure out how to screen shot it for yall. 
It is a possibility to stay in TESU but i was planning on transferring to another institution, either Troy University, Arizona State, or Arkansas State. 
I have plenty of time for school work and i do have a family. 

Im open to most options for completion. I need to finish this degree so i can put it on my yearly evaluation and then start the bachelors.

(08-06-2018, 07:15 PM)MNomadic Wrote: What major is your AAS?

Here is the spreadsheet i copied and pasted directly from academic eval.

(08-06-2018, 07:17 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Ah, I think you're going for one of those AAS degrees at TESU, doable if you execute my strategy, quickly...  
Further to that, you need to apply for graduation before January 1.  I recommend before Xmas (holiday delays).

Here is the spreadsheet i just made from my Academic Eval.

Attached Files
.xlsx   AAS DEGREE.xlsx (Size: 21.39 KB / Downloads: 15)
.xlsx   AAS DEGREE.xlsx (Size: 21.39 KB / Downloads: 7)
Hey, I just wanted to reiterate this: Use all the CLEPs, Saylor, SL and Study.com for your upcoming Bachelors
Further to that, you need to apply for graduation before January 1. I recommend before Xmas (holiday delays).
The courses recommended are best, ALEKS for Math, Study.com for Communications, CLEP...you can do it!
One final note, you can go for a BSBA HRM/Organizational Management after all is complete with your AAS.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
take all of the free CLEP tests you can do and signup for study.com   I found a way to get Study.com for $150 per month but you need to pay 3 months in advance. well worth it

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Member need assistance with TESU degree plan BA ckndinner 3 1,672 08-12-2018, 09:11 PM
Last Post: prolific_change
  New Member need assistance with TESU degree plan BA in Lib Studies PBenitez 14 3,451 08-11-2018, 02:21 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  New Member - Need Assistance With TESU Psychology Plan joshyjosh 7 2,189 08-05-2018, 10:01 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New member in search of help Reece4128 12 2,444 01-08-2018, 10:59 AM
Last Post: davewill
  New member, Excelsior student need help choosing exams. Long, very long. Mini Trail 9 2,218 05-01-2015, 08:44 PM
Last Post: Mini Trail
  Hello from new member, and a question LovesHarmony 3 1,163 05-29-2011, 03:22 PM
Last Post: LovesHarmony