Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Saylor Courses (Available for Credit)
I noticed a few courses have proctored exams available now:

CS107: C++ Programming
College Success
PHIL102: Critical Thinking

I'm not sure whether I missed any or whether more are coming. Also, the price is changing to $13 and it looks like using Google Chrome is going to be required ... It looks like they'll be switching to Proctorio.

Also, if you have done the C++ Programming course, your progress will have been cleared.
OnlineDegree
Intro to Marketing and Strategy ($9) | Intro to Microeconomics ($9)

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Intro to Computer Science I ($25)
[-] The following 4 users Like udi's post:
  • eriehiker, harrypotter, Ideas, shadowgem
(11-16-2019, 05:40 AM)udi Wrote: I noticed a few courses have proctored exams available now:

College Success

I'm not sure whether I missed any or whether more are coming. Also, the price is changing to $13 and it looks like using Google Chrome is going to be required ... It looks like they'll be switching to Proctorio.

Also, if you have done the C++ Programming course, your progress will have been cleared.

I rec'd this email yesterday -
"Hello Jennifer! Yes, we plan to submit all for renewal but depending on ACE scheduling there may end up being a gap of coverage for some of these. But, we won't know until we hear from ACE. I'm hoping they just give an extension to all while they review but no word on that yet. We also have some new ones live that you may not have seen like Project Management, Critical Thinking and more as we're now over 100+ total credits: saylor.org/credit. I'll try to remember to keep you updated but feel free to write back in a couple of weeks. Hope all is great with you!"

I haven't seen / didn't know about the browser change or the proctoring change- do you have a link?
(11-17-2019, 10:24 AM)cookderosa Wrote:
(11-16-2019, 05:40 AM)udi Wrote: I noticed a few courses have proctored exams available now:

College Success

I rec'd this email yesterday -
"Hello Jennifer! Yes, we plan to submit all for renewal but depending on ACE scheduling there may end up being a gap of coverage for some of these. But, we won't know until we hear from ACE. I'm hoping they just give an extension to all while they review but no word on that yet.   We also have some new ones live that you may not have seen like Project Management, Critical Thinking and more as we're now over 100+ total credits: saylor.org/credit.  I'll try to remember to keep you updated but feel free to write back in a couple of weeks. Hope all is great with you!"

I haven't seen / didn't know about the browser change or the proctoring change- do you have a link?

I noticed Project Management just popped up, so I'm wondering how that's going to go. I noticed on the Critical Thinking course I think about new price/proctor. When you click on the for credit exam link, it gives you a message about Chrome and Proctorio. I think this is only on new / renewed courses because the process won't change on active courses that haven't expired.
OnlineDegree
Intro to Marketing and Strategy ($9) | Intro to Microeconomics ($9)

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Intro to Computer Science I ($25)
[-] The following 1 user Likes udi's post:
  • cookderosa

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 388 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,760 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,804 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Saylor business classes jb111 4 306 03-14-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Chimera
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,410 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 6 547 03-03-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 969 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 1,812 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Equivalents for Old SNHU Gen Ed Courses Spalmer 6 537 02-11-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Spalmer
  3 Additional Google Certificates Approved for ACE Credit MNomadic 8 948 02-02-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: lynnii2