Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Study.com courses (5/16/19)
Nobodys looking at COSC, but it seems like a good option for comp sci with these new courses.
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

(05-17-2019, 04:25 PM)Study.com Wrote: Thank you for your enthusiasm about our new courses! We're excited to make them available to you, and we can't wait for you to dive into them.

We’re always looking to make improvements to our courses. If you have any feedback as you’re taking the courses, we’d love to hear it. Please send along your impressions, suggestions, and feedback to support@study.com

I'm so consistently impressed with the quality of study.com courses - you guys are doing great work. This is by far my favorite format for online courses. Thanks for allowing me to finish my CS degree quickly and at a lower cost!
----
TESU ASNSM Mathematics, BACS, BALS Psychology 2020 graduate 
(05-17-2019, 05:51 PM)posabsolute Wrote: ... so unfortunate that tesu changing their policies and making it more expensive

details, please ?

(05-17-2019, 09:32 PM)armstrongsubero Wrote: Nobodys looking at COSC, but it seems like a good option for comp sci with these new courses.

but isn't the only way do that with a Bachelors in General Studies ?

https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/2017-...ations.php

https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/2017-...tudies.php

while the courses would be the same as a bachelors in computer science I'd much rather put 
Bachelors in Computer Science 
than 
Bachelors in General Studies  
on my resume`

are study.com courses graded ?
or are they pass / fail ?
"Courses with grades of Pass are typically not acceptable in a concentration unless there is confirmation that Pass is equivalent to 2.0 © on a 4-point grading scale."
(05-17-2019, 09:32 PM)armstrongsubero Wrote: Nobodys looking at COSC, but it seems like a good option for comp sci with these new courses.

I wouldn't get a degree in General Studies with a Concentration in CompSci, even if it was the same number/type of courses.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(05-17-2019, 10:59 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

I wouldn't get a degree in General Studies with a Concentration in CompSci, even if it was the same number/type of courses.
I would appreciate hearing your reasoning? That is the direction my boys are headed for various reasons (financial, age, difficulty of some maths)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

I spoke to an advisor at COSC when I was comsidering my options. The GS degree can be listed as a BS in Computer Science on your resume and as far as I understand nowhere is General Studies Listed.
GRADUATE

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

[-] The following 1 user Likes armstrongsubero's post:
  • TwinMom
(05-17-2019, 10:42 PM)bluebooger Wrote:
(05-17-2019, 05:51 PM)posabsolute Wrote: ... so unfortunate that tesu changing their policies and making it more expensive

details, please ?

There's been a lot of talk about this on the forum lately. TESU has been pricing themselves out, and has made some vague indication that they're going to be less willing to accept alternative credit outside of specific agreements with certain vendors. that part seems more speculation and misunderstanding... but the pricing seems more clear cut -- with their full-price cornerstone course (and previously existing full-price capstone + res waiver), they're no longer the bargain they used to be, and for most degrees are now just about equal or actually more expensive than the other big 3 schools.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Y'all got me thinking about a second bachelor's....
(05-18-2019, 12:09 AM)armstrongsubero Wrote: I spoke to an advisor at COSC when I was comsidering my options. The GS degree can be listed as a BS in Computer Science on your resume and as far as I understand nowhere is General Studies Listed.

Well, that's a different story. Is there a snag then for doing the computer science concentration at COSC? The only thing might be finding an upper level software engineering course if the Saylor software engineering course doesn't transfer in. Also, I don't remember seeing linear algebra anywhere.

https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/2017-...tudies.php
OnlineDegree
Intro to Marketing and Strategy ($9) | Intro to Microeconomics ($9)

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Intro to Computer Science I ($25)
The Saylor course transfers in as UL ITE 410:

https://www.saylor.org/partners/credit-p...e-college/

Linear Algebra can be done at a CC or on the cheap at AMU:

https://www.amu.apus.edu/course-schedule...?c=MATH220
GRADUATE

TESU (4 cr)

[-] The following 1 user Likes armstrongsubero's post:
  • udi

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 381 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,325 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,483 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,688 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,797 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 603 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,397 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 6 546 03-03-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 968 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat