Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Study.com courses (5/16/19)
(05-19-2019, 12:22 AM)bluebooger Wrote: https://www.wgu.edu/online-it-degrees.html 
I wonder which of the study.com courses they would accept

Any of them that are ACE accredited and are relevant to the degree in question.
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

Do we know which of the new options come in as Upper Level courses yet?
BALS Social Sciences - TESU 2020
ASNSM Computer Science - TESU 2020
(05-20-2019, 03:55 PM)darthweezy Wrote: Do we know which of the new options come in as Upper Level courses yet?

It's on my first post.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
My apologies!
BALS Social Sciences - TESU 2020
ASNSM Computer Science - TESU 2020
I have never been in a situation before, where Study came out with new courses that were relevant to my degree... so this is a new experience for me, and i must admit i am a bit lost... how are we meant to get these courses approved for our degree plans at tesu when the advisors claim tesu does not accept them? Does Study have to have some kind of written agreement about the new courses with TESU first, before they are accepted onto degree plans? The answer i have seen crop up in the forum is 'you just have to take it and see what it transfers in as' but i simply don't have the free time or money to take courses which may or may not be accepted Sad can anyone shed light on this conundrum? thank you all so much
@saraholson , unfortunately it’s the way it is, TESU cannot tell you before one person transfer in (and even then, advisor sometimes won’t tell/know if it’s new) and they can’t preventively evaluate all courses from all providers..

While TESU has a business relationship with SDC, it’s ACE that decide if the course is college level, what level and where it should somewhat fit.

So you will have to wait for someone here to report on it, or that sdc work out with tesu equivalency.

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
WGU MS ITM, 2021.
TESU BACS, 2020.
TESU BSBA, 2018.
TESU ASNSM in Computer Science, 2018.
----
UPenn MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing, see story here).
NAU MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing)
----
(05-20-2019, 05:25 PM)saraholson Wrote: I have never been in a situation before, where Study came out with new courses that were relevant to my degree... so this is a new experience for me, and i must admit i am a bit lost... how are we meant to get these courses approved for our degree plans at tesu when the advisors claim tesu does not accept them? Does Study have to have some kind of written agreement about the new courses with TESU first, before they are accepted onto degree plans? The answer i have seen crop up in the forum is 'you just have to take it and see what it transfers in as' but i simply don't have the free time or money to take courses which may or may not be accepted Sad can anyone shed light on this conundrum? thank you all so much

TESU does have a partnership with Study.com, but it will be some time before they evaluate those courses (it seems to be behind by maybe 6 months).  Also, the advisors aren't up-to-date on when courses get approved through ACE, so they may not even know that they're ACE-approved at this point - they may be using old data.

So, for someone who can't afford to take the courses and hope (although I give these a high degree of certainty in getting accepted), your best bet is to wait to see what's reported back.  There will be several people who have been waiting for the CS courses to get approved, and will probably be sending them through soon.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • saraholson
(05-20-2019, 06:12 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(05-20-2019, 05:25 PM)saraholson Wrote: I have never been in a situation before, where Study came out with new courses that were relevant to my degree... so this is a new experience for me, and i must admit i am a bit lost... how are we meant to get these courses approved for our degree plans at tesu when the advisors claim tesu does not accept them? Does Study have to have some kind of written agreement about the new courses with TESU first, before they are accepted onto degree plans? The answer i have seen crop up in the forum is 'you just have to take it and see what it transfers in as' but i simply don't have the free time or money to take courses which may or may not be accepted Sad can anyone shed light on this conundrum? thank you all so much

TESU does have a partnership with Study.com, but it will be some time before they evaluate those courses (it seems to be behind by maybe 6 months).  Also, the advisors aren't up-to-date on when courses get approved through ACE, so they may not even know that they're ACE-approved at this point - they may be using old data.

So, for someone who can't afford to take the courses and hope (although I give these a high degree of certainty in getting accepted), your best bet is to wait to see what's reported back.  There will be several people who have been waiting for the CS courses to get approved, and will probably be sending them through soon.

Thank you so much. I guess I am curious, for those people who DO submit the courses to TESU and wait to see how they come back...what happens once they submit them to TESU? Is there some kind of formal evaluation process that sets a precedent for what that course comes in as?
We just have to wait and see. I sent a request for the intro to programming, when it comes back I'll post it here then after some time TESU will put it on their page.
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

The courses are so new, someone will have to complete a few of them and submit it for review/transfer evaluation. I think it will take at least a couple weeks to three/four weeks until we will know which courses go where or what their evaluation comes up as.

I think it took about a month or so for the Onlinedegree.com courses to be evaluated and they were "re-evaluated" again a month or so later... My Advice: Take the courses you know that will transfer into the degree and complete the others that are not evaluated yet (but leave the final/assignments untouched).
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • saraholson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Speed of Completion of Sophia.org Courses colonelcamp 1 67 7 hours ago
Last Post: Vle045
  Study.com charged me another month without my consent Livia_Drusila 7 235 Yesterday, 10:04 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,462 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 1,008 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 8 716 04-08-2024, 11:32 AM
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,540 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,647 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 469,786 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 769 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,931 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat