Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New TEEX courses
TEEX's press release yesterday announced new courses! https://teex.org/Pages/about-us/article.aspx?id=1597

33 TEEX Courses Recommended for College Credit by American Council on Education
4/8/2019 12:00 AM

ACE credit logo COLLEGE STATION – The American Council on Education (ACE) has recommended college credit for 33 TEEX courses, including 19 forensic science courses, which received the ACE credit recommendation for the first time. Students can earn up to 44 college credit hours and 6 vocational credits for completing forensics training at TEEX.

ACE has also recommended college credit for 13 individual cybersecurity courses, which have the additional benefit of being offered at no cost to the student. For the ‘free’ cyber courses, students could earn up to 20 college semester hours and 1 vocational credit. An additional course, Disaster Management for Water and Wastewater Utilities, also received an ACE recommendation for 1 hour of college credit.

ACE credit opens doors for TEEX students to gain access to academic credit toward an associate’s or bachelor’s degree plan at more than 400 U.S. colleges and universities.

“ACE credit is value added to our courses, at no additional cost to the student,” said Tony Casper, Director of Curriculum and eLearning at TEEX. “This is especially beneficial for those who are completing high school or working professionals who can use college credits as a springboard to a post-secondary degree or boost their career opportunities.”

“The ACE review team is comprised of educators from colleges and universities across the country,” Casper said. “They know quality when they see it, and that’s what we have. The curriculum review and revision process undertaken by TEEX a number of years ago boosted our standing with ACE. The reviewers have commented that TEEX has some of the best curriculum they have seen in a training organization.”

All ACE-approved courses are reviewed every three years by a team of college and university faculty from across the country. View a list of ACE-approved TEEX courses.

About TEEX
The Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service (TEEX) is an internationally recognized leader in the delivery of emergency response, homeland security and workforce training, exercises, technical assistance, and economic development. A member of The Texas A&M University System, TEEX served more than 194,000 people from across the United States and 81 countries last year through hands-on training and technical services.
Wow, there are so many credits in Cybersecurity? I wonder where they hid the rest of the free courses.
I wouldn't mind paying for a few extra credits, like the $45 or $75 ones we recently listed in another thread.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
This is pretty exciting!
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

This is so cool. Young people have so many options these days. I'm jealous.

Just a heads up, some of these forensic science courses are in the classroom. If you live in Texas and can attend, the courses are five days. I'm trying to find the additional cybersecurity courses because they're not listed on the TEEX website as online or correspondence courses.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • ronaldemail1
(04-09-2019, 11:16 AM)sanantone Wrote: This is so cool. Young people have so many options these days. I'm jealous.

Just a heads up, some of these forensic science courses are in the classroom. If you live in Texas and can attend, the courses are five days. I'm trying to find the additional cybersecurity courses because they're not listed on the TEEX website as online or correspondence courses.
Awesome I can register  into some more courses.
NEXT: Considering DBA, DIT or PhD
In Progress: MSU MBA

Completed: WGU MS-CIA & Ms University Isabel I, ENEB
TEEX: Cybersecurity 101 (4), Cybersecurity 201 (3), Cybersecurity 301 (3)
Sophia: Accounting (3), Project Management (3) Principles of Finance (3) 
Coursera: Google IT Certification, and Google Project Management.

They must've been reading my course reviews over the last few months!! I literally wrote in the Feedback Section: Please consider adding more ACE approved courses for distant learners. Wooooo!
“Crazy people don't know they're crazy. I know I'm crazy, therefore I'm not crazy, isn't that crazy?” 

― Captain Jack Sparrow
My Next Goal: Pondering Masters Program ??
Completed:  145+ Credits. Joined this forum October 2017 w/ 6 B&M Credits. Earned 117cr in 10 mo.! Graduated Sept 2019 TESU BSBA GM & ASNSM-CS
*SL 54 Cr *Shmoop 30 Cr +/- *Aleks 6 *Study.com 30+*TEEX 11 *CPCU 2 *B&M 6 
In Process:  Pondering  Big Grin
(04-09-2019, 10:03 AM)cookderosa Wrote:  Disaster Management for Water and Wastewater Utilities, also received an ACE recommendation for 1 hour of college credit.
I’ve got that 1 extra credit required in my Gen Ed Electives because of the ethics course and I was wondering how to fill it. That would be a great treat to have it be one credit, one course, and have it be free on top of it all!

Knowing how easy and short the Basic Property Technician course was for three credits, if this is only worth one credit, I can't imagine taking that long at all. It's kind of crazy how long the Cyber 101, 201, and 301 courses were for two credits each when these Forensic courses are worth more credits and have less content included in them.

The Disaster Management for Water and Wastewater Utilities course doesn't appear to be available online.

It would be really nice if one was able to sort through their classes by ACE recommendation instead of expanding each section and then reading the short description to get to the full description. Sad
TESU - BS in Homeland Security & Emergency Management (BS.HSEM) (In Progress) 
Started from scratch - 01/2019 - Completion - ??

Credits: 69/120
SDC: ENG-104, HIS-108, COM-102, COM-120, POLS-101, POLS-102, POLS-103, SOC-101, PSY-101, PSY-104, COMP-102, BUS-107, BUS-109 - 39cr
Sophia: Managing Conflict, Effective Teams, Student Success - 3cr
TEEX: Cyber 101, Cyber 201, Cyber 301, Basic Property Technician, Foundations of Fingerprint Comparison, Death Investigation - 19cr
Institutes: Ethics - 2cr
CSMLearn: The CSM Course - 3cr
ALEKS: College Algebra - 3cr
https://teex.org/Pages/Program.aspx?catI...ne+Courses

This lists out all the online courses from TEEX.

I cross referenced that list with the ACE listings when I posted this:
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...nt-courses

It doesn't appear anything major changed since then. The only online ACE approved courses from TEEX (as far as I can tell) are the various free Cyber security ones and the new forensic ones I posted. I think the announcement linked to by OP was just a few months after we as a forum already discovered those courses.

Also, I believe it had a typo when the OP copied the article which stated "For the ‘free’ cyber courses, students could earn up to 20 college semester hours and 1 vocational credit."
That typo has since been corrected to "10 college semester hours" when I checked the link.

Here's a few free(face to face) courses posted about a while back. They are often held in different cities throughout the year:
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid259709
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 2 users Like MNomadic's post:
  • ISKBizz15, Life_One
Mil0 Wrote:The Disaster Management for Water and Wastewater Utilities course doesn't appear to be available online.
It would be really nice if one was able to sort through their classes by ACE recommendation instead of expanding each section and then reading the short description to get to the full description. Sad

It's OK. You can take these two if you haven't already. $75 for 3 UL and $45 for 3 LL credits respectively.

Death Investigation (Online)
FSA114
$75
In the upper-division baccalaureate degree category, 3 semester hours in criminal justice, criminal investigation, or forensics

Foundations of Fingerprint Comparison
FSA115
$45
In the lower-division baccalaureate/associate degree category, 3 semester hours in criminal investigation or criminalistics
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • ISKBizz15
(04-09-2019, 10:27 PM)MNomadic Wrote: https://teex.org/Pages/Program.aspx?catI...ne+Courses

This lists out all the online courses from TEEX.

I cross referenced that list with the ACE listings when I posted this:
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...nt-courses

It doesn't appear anything major changed since then. The only online ACE approved courses from TEEX (as far as I can tell) are the various free Cyber security ones and the new forensic ones I posted. I think the announcement linked to by OP was just a few months after we as a forum already discovered those courses.

Also, I believe it had a typo when the OP copied the article which stated "For the ‘free’ cyber courses, students could earn up to 20 college semester hours and 1 vocational credit."
That typo has since been corrected to "10 college semester hours" when I checked the link.

Here's a few free(face to face) courses posted about a while back. They are often held in different cities throughout the year:
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid259709

I figured they probably made a mistake on the number of cybersecurity credits. The new courses they've started offering online are pretty much all in forensic science.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 35 4,115 04-17-2024, 06:44 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,811 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 744 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  The Rechtschaffen Institute of Judaic Studies (Has anyone taken one of these courses? patsfand 1 792 02-22-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Introductory data science courses inor 6 606 02-08-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: fmsoa
Question Graduate-Level Courses NotJoeBiden 7 695 01-24-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Help Finding Some Courses harrypotter 2 306 01-23-2024, 03:52 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU---Easy Courses and TECEPS midnite123 5 593 01-04-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Cheap Self-Paced Language Courses or courses IN said languages? nykorn 4 461 12-09-2023, 12:06 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Outlier.org - 2 For 1 Courses bjcheung77 12 2,561 11-21-2023, 12:27 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77