Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New TESU Tuition Rates Starting April 1, 2016
All active duty military personnel pay the in-state rate. TECEPs are $38 per credit hour for matriculated students or $52 per credit hour for non-matriculated students.

Comprehensive Tuition Plan

New Jersey Residents: $6,350
Out-of-state Residents: $9,352

This covers up to 36 credits per year earned by online and guided study course, e-Pack, TECEP, and portfolio assessment. Financial aid will only pay for online and guided study courses. However, if you have taken enough credits in online and guided study courses to get enough financial aid to pay off the whole fee (usually 24 credits in a year), TESU will not charge you extra to take the rest of the 12 credits in any other format.

Thomas Edison State College | Comprehensive Tuition Plan

Enrolled Options Plan

New Jersey Residents: $1,767 enrollment fee plus $183 per credit hour and a $131 annual technology services fee.
Out-of-state Residents: $3,296 enrollment fee plus $247 per credit hour and a $131 annual technology services fee.

Thomas Edison State College: Enrolled Options Plan

Per Credit Tuition Plan

New Jersey Residents: $385 per credit hour (only applies to online, guided study, and e-Pack courses)
Out-of-state Residents: $499 per credit hour (only applies to online, guided study, and e-Pack courses)

Students who select the Per Credit Tuition Plan with the intention of graduating from Thomas Edison State University have academic residency requirements of 12 credits for an associate degree and 24 credits for a bachelor's degree. Residency requirements are met by earning credits via Thomas Edison State University Online (OL), Guided Study (GS) or e-Pack (EP) courses, TECEP exams (TE) or Portfolio Assessment (PA and PF).

Thomas Edison State University | Per Credit Tuition Plan

It's interesting how the tuition rate for the Per Credit Tuition Plan went down while everything else went up.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Are currently enrolled students grandfathered in to older rates?
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Why?!! I mean seriously, they have to still be making money on OL/GS/EP, not to mention students who transfer just about everything in and pay to graduate, which also raises their successful graduate numbers.
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
I once read on the website that students lock in their tuition rates, but I can't remember where.

I think TESU might be dropping its Enrolled Options Plan. I was able to find a direct link to it on the "Selecting the right tuition plan" page, but it's not mentioned as an option on the main tuition and fees page and doesn't have a link on the sidebar. The main page also says this:

Students who pursue their degree on more of a part-time basis and plan to register for less than 24 credits in a year (or about eight courses or less) get a better value from our Per Credit Tuition Plan.

That's what they used to say for the Enrolled Options Plan. If they are dropping it, my guess is that they are doing so due to lack of popularity.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
I think we're ok. Maybe..... The Enrolled Options page is updated with 2016-2017 verbiage even though all the numbers are the same: TESU Enrolled Options Plan So we know they touched the page. I compared to the TESC version on the waybackmachine. Old TESC Enrolled Options Plan 2015-2016

They went through the comparison chart as well, but the per-credit option numbers are not updated:
The old TESC comparison chart
The new TESU comparison chart

It looks like the numbers for the EO option stayed the same. Or maybe they're the same numbers because they haven't got around to getting rid of it.
TESU BA CS and Math (graduated December 2016)
sanantone Wrote:I once read on the website that students lock in their tuition rates, but I can't remember where.

I think TESU might be dropping its Enrolled Options Plan. I was able to find a direct link to it on the "Selecting the right tuition plan" page, but it's not mentioned as an option on the main tuition and fees page and doesn't have a link on the sidebar. The main page also says this:

Students who pursue their degree on more of a part-time basis and plan to register for less than 24 credits in a year (or about eight courses or less) get a better value from our Per Credit Tuition Plan.

That's what they used to say for the Enrolled Options Plan. If they are dropping it, my guess is that they are doing so due to lack of popularity.

I strongly believe you are right about the Enrolled Options Plan, however it is most likely that those who already in the plan are grandfathered.
Veterans also receive in state tuition rates at all public universities. I am not sure if this only applies when using the GI Bill or not.
Outis Wrote:Veterans also receive in state tuition rates at all public universities. I am not sure if this only applies when using the GI Bill or not.

Does not only apply when using the GI Bill, I received the in-state tuition fee and I have not used my GI Bill. Plan on saving my GI Bill for my doctorate.
johnjaxs Wrote:Does not only apply when using the GI Bill, I received the in-state tuition fee and I have not used my GI Bill. Plan on saving my GI Bill for my doctorate.

You received the in-state tuition fee at TESU?
Pursuing TESC BSBA CIS: ~100/120

CCAF Air & Space Operations Technology: April 2014

CLEP: Humanities, A&I Lit, SocSci & History, Intro Sociology, English Comp, Freshman College Comp, Principles of Management, History of the US I/II, Intro to Computing

DSST: InfoSys & Comp Apps, Intro to the Modern Middle East, Management Information Systems, Fundamentals of Cybersecurity, Human Resource Management, Principles of Supervision, Western Europe since 1945

AMU: Public Speaking, History of Explosive Ordnance Disposal, College Algebra

ALS (CCAF): Leadership/Management I, Managerial Communication I, Military Studies I

Sophia: Microeconomics

Straighterline: Accounting I/II

TECEP: English Comp I/II, Computer Concepts & Applications, Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics, Strategic Management (March 2017 Semester)

TESU OL: Python Programming (March 2017 Semester), Systems Analysis & Design I (March 2017 Semester)
TESU told me I would pay in-state tuition if I joined the Texas State Guard and chose the MDCP program.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,999 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,670 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,128 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,665 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,743 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,361 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,606 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,337 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,394 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,870 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore