Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New TESU evaluation and Shmoop equivalencies
No hand in written assignments, just the usual Shmoop multiple choice quizzes and multiple choice final.
TESU: BALS Capstone
SNHU CfA: Intro to Ethics, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Argumentation & Communication, Intro to Mass Communications, Intro to Philosophy, World Lit I, Environmental Science, Business Communication, Principles of Management, Online Success, Skills for Business 
CLEP: Eng Comp 
Sophia.org: Effective Teams, Managing Conflict, Ancient Greek Philosophers
Study.com: Personal Finance, Presentation Skills, Info Literacy, Intro to Computing, Earth Science, A History of Vietnam War, Intro to Political Science, American Government, Database Management, Info Systems, Physical Geology
CSM Learn: The CSM Course
TEEX: Cybersecurity 101 
Shmoop: History of Technology, Human Sexuality, U.S. History I & II, Classical Lit, The Bible as Lit, Psychology 101, Shakespeare's Plays, Professional Writing, Media Literacy, Journalism 101, Lit in the Media, Intro to E-Commerce
The Institutes: Ethics
TECEP: Computer Concepts and Applications
ALEKS: College Algebra
Thank you!
[-] The following 1 user Likes homeschoolmom1's post:
  • badooble
Good luck to your son.  I'm sure he can do it with your help.
TESU: BALS Capstone
SNHU CfA: Intro to Ethics, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Argumentation & Communication, Intro to Mass Communications, Intro to Philosophy, World Lit I, Environmental Science, Business Communication, Principles of Management, Online Success, Skills for Business 
CLEP: Eng Comp 
Sophia.org: Effective Teams, Managing Conflict, Ancient Greek Philosophers
Study.com: Personal Finance, Presentation Skills, Info Literacy, Intro to Computing, Earth Science, A History of Vietnam War, Intro to Political Science, American Government, Database Management, Info Systems, Physical Geology
CSM Learn: The CSM Course
TEEX: Cybersecurity 101 
Shmoop: History of Technology, Human Sexuality, U.S. History I & II, Classical Lit, The Bible as Lit, Psychology 101, Shakespeare's Plays, Professional Writing, Media Literacy, Journalism 101, Lit in the Media, Intro to E-Commerce
The Institutes: Ethics
TECEP: Computer Concepts and Applications
ALEKS: College Algebra
(01-18-2018, 10:32 AM)badooble Wrote: "I can also share information about some of the new Shmoop course, including another very pleasant surprise.  The Shmoop Professional Writing course came in as upper level!  I found this to be a pretty easy course – and trust me, I struggled a bit with a few of the Shmoop courses.  It’s listed as “ENG-306 Inter. Tech. Wrtg. & Prof. Wt.”

Some others I don’t remember seeing anyone else post transfer results on yet:

• Shmoop Professional Writing:  ENG-306 Inter. Tech. Wrtg. & Prof. Wt."

If Shmoop Professional Writing is coming in as ENG-306 Inter. Tech. Wrtg. & Prof. Wt. will this cover the Information Literacy requirement at TESU?  I recall seeing here on the forum that Technical Writing would meet that requirement.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(01-25-2018, 10:37 AM)allvia Wrote:
(01-18-2018, 10:32 AM)badooble Wrote: "I can also share information about some of the new Shmoop course, including another very pleasant surprise.  The Shmoop Professional Writing course came in as upper level!  I found this to be a pretty easy course – and trust me, I struggled a bit with a few of the Shmoop courses.  It’s listed as “ENG-306 Inter. Tech. Wrtg. & Prof. Wt.”

If Shmoop Professional Writing is coming in as ENG-306 Inter. Tech. Wrtg. & Prof. Wt. will this cover the Information Literacy requirement at TESU?  I recall seeing here on the forum that Technical Writing would meet that requirement.

TESU has very specific courses that satisfy the Information Literacy requirement. It doesn't look like ENG 306 will work for that. However, Study.com's Psychology 105: Research Methods in Psychology will work as it transfers in as PSY-322: Experimental Psychology.

Information Literacy

It used to work, but they removed the course from their list and it no longer does.

The most common courses for this are A&I Lit (Study.com and CLEP) or World Religions (study.com, SL, DSST)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(01-25-2018, 11:05 AM)dfrecore Wrote:

It used to work, but they removed the course from their list and it no longer does.

The most common courses for this are A&I Lit (Study.com and CLEP) or World Religions (study.com, SL, DSST)

Well that explains why my World Religions was placed in the Information Literacy, vs Diversity where I had expected it.  Does Shmoop offer anything that would fit into the Diversity Intercultural Literacy slot?
Amberton University

Usually Sociology 101 or Psych 101 works well for Diversity. Foreign language works well there too.
Amy
Goal: BA in English at TESU
Completed: 78 B&M credits plus:
Institutes: Ethics
Study.com: Personal Finance, History of the Vietnam War, English Comp I, Intro World Religions, Public Speaking, Intro to Humanities
Shmoop: Bible as Literature, Shakespeare's Plays, Women's Lit, Modernist Lit, Holocaust Lit
TECEP: Technical Writing
(01-25-2018, 11:39 AM)allvia Wrote:
(01-25-2018, 11:05 AM)dfrecore Wrote:

Well that explains why my World Religions was placed in the Information Literacy, vs Diversity where I had expected it.  Does Shmoop offer anything that would fit into the Diversity Intercultural Literacy slot?

I did a little research on my own questions and Shmoop does offer World Geography, so that fits the requirement as it is a direct course match from the TESU list.  They also offer Modern European History, Comparative Government and Politics, and The Bible as Literature which might - any thoughts? I'm tighter on money than time right now, and need some gen eds (6 credits) and to fill the Diversity requirement as well. I've battled through Shmoop for a course once, so I know how awkward it can be.
Amberton University

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • Bamaboy205
Does the Shmoop Professional Writing count for TESU's Written Communication under Intellectual and Practical Skills?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,923 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,020 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,579 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,291 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,280 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,318 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,816 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore