Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
No degree to MBA-HR in 20 months - Nodaclu's Progress Thread
(12-08-2017, 08:39 PM)Thorne Wrote:
(12-08-2017, 08:33 PM)sanantone Wrote: Why wouldn't he be able to take two TEEX courses? All three transfer in as something different.

He's got three weeks to wrap them up. All three TEEX classes expire on 12/31 if nothing changes.

Crap...may be best to just wait on those units until all of this ACE stuff shakes out after 12/31. That was also the impetus to look at options other than a Psych degree due to the upcoming degradation of Study.com's Psych courses.

Worst case scenario, I can take a $25 Saylor class I suppose. I'd *like* a free option, but it doesn't *have* to be a free option.  Big Grin
(12-08-2017, 08:38 PM)Nodaclu Wrote:
(12-08-2017, 08:33 PM)sanantone Wrote: Why wouldn't he be able to take two TEEX courses? All three transfer in as something different.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I immediately thought about how TESU might see it as overlap, based on some of the things I've read here about the two History of the Vietnam War classes at Study.com for example.
They do not overlap. TESU will give credit for all of them.

He's got three weeks to wrap them up. All three TEEX classes expire on 12/31 if nothing changes.

It turns out that there is a different reason, but it's an invalid one.

(12-08-2017, 08:44 PM)Nodaclu Wrote:

Crap...may be best to just wait on those units until all of this ACE stuff shakes out after 12/31. That was also the impetus to look at options other than a Psych degree due to the upcoming degradation of Study.com's Psych courses.

Worst case scenario, I can take a $25 Saylor class I suppose. I'd *like* a free option, but it doesn't *have* to be a free option.  Big Grin

That means you should take them now because they might not be an option later. These aren't hard courses, but you will have to dedicate a lot of time to get them done before the end of the month. There are other options people mentioned.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Unfortunately, you can't use MAN-331 or HRM-362 in the BALS AOS. Those are not considered Liberal Studies.

All 3 TEEX courses will work in the degree plan though
- Cyber 101 is CAP-295, and will go in Free Electives, expires 12/31/17
- Cyber 201 is CAP-385 and will go in Free Electives, expires 12/31/17
- Cyber 301 is CIS-344 and will go in the AOS or Gen Ed or Free Electives, expires 12/31/17

There is also 1 NFA course that is still available, Q118 (Community Safety Educators) which comes in as FIS-391, and will go in Free Electives. It expires on 9/30/18.

Saylor exams are only $25, so they are a good option if you need to do cheap. 35 exams available. Shmoop is also an option, only $85/mo, unlimited courses during that timeframe. If you have a month where you have time, this would not be a bad idea. Also, if you can find a SL course with a coupon, that might be a good bet as well.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(12-08-2017, 10:13 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Unfortunately, you can't use MAN-331 or HRM-362 in the BALS AOS.  Those are not considered Liberal Studies.

All 3 TEEX courses will work in the degree plan though
- Cyber 301 is CIS-344 and will go in the AOS or Gen Ed or Free Electives, expires 12/31/17

There is also 1 NFA course that is still available, Q118 (Community Safety Educators) which comes in as FIS-391, and will go in Free Electives.  It expires on 9/30/18.

Saylor exams are only $25, so they are a good option if you need to do cheap.  35 options.  Shmoop is also an option, only $85/mo, unlimited courses during that timeframe.  If you have a month where you have time, this would not be a bad idea.  Also, if you can find a SL course with a coupon, that might be a good bet as well.

Whoops! Didn't even think about that. I'll move them to free electives, but I'll need to find 2 more Study.com classes in LS to make it up.

I think that, rather than try to rush to get in courses before a deadline, that I'll push those last 4 units out to the end of the process, and see what's available at that time.
Took a few extra days to make sure I had all of my ducks in a row. I'm glad I did, because I'd made a few basic mistakes, that I've now corrected.

So I started today (12/11/17) with Study.com's Math-103, which they call Precalculus, which translates to TESU's MAT-101 - College Algebra.

I could have taken an easier math class for my TESU BALS. But it's a prerequisite for Patten's MBA program (and I would assume - most others), so I need to make sure I have it. Math is my most difficult subject, and I expect that I'll go more slowly through this class than any other in my undergraduate program.

But in order to keep up the pace of passing two classes per month through Study.com, I have an ace in the hole - the Personal Finance class. I completed all of the coursework previously, but never took the exam. So I will spend about 25 days this month making sure I can pass the College Algebra exam, then I'll take those last 4-5 days to brush up on the Personal Finance coursework I already completed, then take the exam.

Going forward, I hope to split each class into about 15 days each, but I'm glad I can make this accommodation for this month to get this challenging (for me) math class out of the way.  Big Grin

And now I've just read a thread that states Patten requires letter grades on the College Algebra and Microeconomics prereq courses. Ugh.

Anyone have any potential advice on this? In the thread I read, the poster stated that he was able to send transcripts directly from Strighterline to Patten, which they accepted. Does anyone know if I can do the same through Study.com?
(12-11-2017, 08:51 PM)Nodaclu Wrote:

And now I've just read a thread that states Patten requires letter grades on the College Algebra and Microeconomics prereq courses. Ugh.

Anyone have any potential advice on this? In the thread I read, the poster stated that he was able to send transcripts directly from Strighterline to Patten, which they accepted. Does anyone know if I can do the same through Study.com?

I would contact Patten directly and just ask them.  Tell them you took the CLEP exam for College Algebra, so you don't have a grade, and ask them (I only say CLEP because I think it's easier for them to understand than ACE-recommended courses).

Good luck!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(12-08-2017, 10:13 PM)dfrecore Wrote: All 3 TEEX courses will work in the degree plan though
(12-08-2017, 10:40 PM)Nodaclu Wrote: I think that, rather than try to rush to get in courses before a deadline, that I'll push those last 4 units out to the end of the process, and see what's available at that time.

These three courses are very doable in the month (heck in a week) - I would suggest to at least take a look around in the courses and see how the information/exam structure feels for yourself.
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
dfrecore Wrote:I would contact Patten directly and just ask them.  Tell them you took the CLEP exam for College Algebra, so you don\'t have a grade, and ask them (I only say CLEP because I think it's easier for them to understand than ACE-recommended courses).

Good luck!

Thanks! Just sent them an email to clarify. I'll post the response when I get it.
(12-11-2017, 11:21 PM)RANSOMSOUL Wrote: These three courses are very doable in the month (heck in a week) - I would suggest to at least take a look around in the courses and see how the information/exam structure feels for yourself.
Absolutely. I had a number of Cybersecurity classes under my belt, but I did two of those in two days. My cousin, with no IT experience or education, wrapped up all three in a day of furious reading and testing.

OP just needs to get the lead out and start running! Wink
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
(12-11-2017, 11:52 PM)Thorne Wrote:
(12-11-2017, 11:21 PM)RANSOMSOUL Wrote: These three courses are very doable in the month (heck in a week) - I would suggest to at least take a look around in the courses and see how the information/exam structure feels for yourself.
Absolutely. I had a number of Cybersecurity classes under my belt, but I did two of those in two days. My cousin, with no IT experience or education, wrapped up all three in a day of furious reading and testing.

OP just needs to get the lead out and start running! Wink

I'm job hunting right now, so I definitely have a bit more time at the moment than I will later, and I can only bury myself in so much Algebra each day before my eyes start to cross, so I think I'll go ahead and check out the TEEX classes, and see if I can cover those 4 "stray" units quickly on the front end.

Thank you for the push!! Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,451 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 482 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 435 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 251 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 769 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Test Specific thread dewisant 7 467 01-30-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: dewisant
  NA to RA Degree Plan Assistance McManus 8 2,178 01-29-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  After getting the degree Harrynguyen 24 2,700 01-13-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: ArielB74
  Hypnotherapy + $30 course or $12,000 degree = Licensed "Medical" Profession nykorn 6 952 01-06-2024, 05:15 PM
Last Post: CenterSquarEd
  Advice Needed for School & Degree Plan diablo 8 617 01-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: allvia