Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Institutes
(05-28-2020, 06:49 PM)lacussucceed Wrote: The problem is, as I've pointed out before, the courses available right now are not called "Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct", nor "Ethics 312".

The course is currently listed on The Institutes website as "Ethical Guidelines for CPCUs".

The list I supplied gives the course number as "Ethics 312" and the description is "Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Ethics".

I completed "Ethical Guidelines for CPCUs".  On my profile at The Instititues, it is shown as "Ethical Guidelines for CPCUs, 1st edition", and it shows on my ACE transcript as "Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct".

It's a free course.  In considerably less time than we have spent going back and forth in this thread, I selected it, completed it, and was granted the ACE credit. 

I fail to see the problem.  If you disagree, I suggest you email The Institutes as I did and ask for clarification.
Lacussucceed is correct though. Your anomaly doesn't mean it has been renamed or is even correct. Folks before have had faulty approvals. Either for the wrong course or denial because whoever was doing it just didn't know at the time.

No one is attacking you or the effort you put in. That transfer list does a disservice because it doesn't take into account changes that have happened in the last few months.
(05-29-2020, 01:04 AM)22gunsonfire Wrote: Lacussucceed is correct though. Your anomaly doesn't mean it has been renamed or is even correct. Folks before have had faulty approvals. Either for the wrong course or denial because whoever was doing it just didn't know at the time.

No one is attacking you or the effort you put in. That transfer list does a disservice because it doesn't take into account changes that have happened in the last few months.

Got a hair?  Let's split it.
(05-29-2020, 10:34 AM)ctcarl Wrote: Got a hair?  Let's split it.

Wouldn't ACE be just a bit concerned that the course name of the approved course isn't offered any more and an alternate name is being sold as the approved course.  Likely kosher but odd.
(05-29-2020, 12:31 PM)Old Guy Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 10:34 AM)ctcarl Wrote: Got a hair?  Let's split it.

Wouldn't ACE be just a bit concerned that the course name of the approved course isn't offered any more and an alternate name is being sold as the approved course.  Likely kosher but odd.

Evidently not.  As I detailed in a previous reply, I completed "Ethical Guidelines for CPCUs".  On my profile at The Institutes, it is shown as "Ethical Guidelines for CPCUs, 1st edition", and it shows on my ACE transcript as "Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct".  

To review, I completed the free course that is on offer right now, ACE accepted it, and my school reviewed the ACE transcript and approved it for my academic plan, where it shows as "Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct".

I've no idea what started the controversy over this course.  But if it was because someone completed "Ethical Guidelines for CPCUs" and did not get ACE approval, or got ACE approval but was subsequently told by their school, "Hold on, this isn't Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct!  Shenanigans!" then I'd be willing to bet we'd have heard about it.

It's a free course you can take from the comfort of your own home, that doesn't require the use of an invasive, for-pay proctoring service, for two ACE-approved UL credits.  Take it, or don't take it.  If you want to make sure you aren't wasting your...um...zero dollar investment, then email any combination of customersuccess@theinstitutes.org, credit@acenet.edu, or your school advisor, until you are absolutely satisfied that "Ethics 312",  "Ethical Guidelines for CPCUs", and "Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct" are all one and the same.
This is a brand new controversy. The old controversy was that people use to take Ethics 311 instead of the ACE approved Ethics 312 and wonder why they didn't get credit.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Institutes and Credley a_dblu 4 940 07-26-2021, 12:02 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The Institutes - Ethics 312: Missing Acclaim badge question answered BadBradsBBQ 10 2,007 03-25-2021, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Old Guy
  List of ACE-certified courses available through The Institutes ctcarl 3 1,038 05-28-2020, 12:11 PM
Last Post: innen_oda
  The Institutes Ethics - 2 courses? cwendy111 10 3,377 03-19-2020, 04:35 PM
Last Post: TheAlternativeBachelor
  Upset over the Institutes Insurance Ethics Course katelynn 46 13,798 03-13-2020, 10:44 AM
Last Post: cwendy111
  Institutes Ethics @ TESU prof_frink 1 1,136 12-01-2019, 08:29 AM
Last Post: lacussucceed
  the institutes | Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct Exam akr680 5 1,623 10-24-2019, 01:37 PM
Last Post: Clepper43
  institutes and sophia transcript shendaddy 7 3,732 04-21-2019, 01:16 PM
Last Post: eriehiker
  Ethics 312 The American Institutes dapolochamp 41 6,861 12-22-2018, 03:57 PM
Last Post: nosey561
  Institutes Ethics OR TEEX Cybersecurity? 12save 12 2,285 11-18-2018, 06:53 PM
Last Post: dfrecore