Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official eval..finally..! Excelsior..Update
Ok

After weeks of waiting I finally have my official evaluation from Excelsior's BLS program. They applied 2 fewer courses than my preliminary review. In addition they decided that 2 out of the 3 PF courses i squeezed in would be LL.
Needless to say i am a bit disappointed. Since my preliminary review i completed 4 courses hoping after 5 the capstone and 4 UL courses in Arts and Sciences I would be done at the top of the year. Thanks to the monkey wrench thrown in my plan i need to find more upper level credits. I really dont feel confident about taking exams but i am about to try my luck!

Also, before i took 3 of the courses at PF the advisor i asked told me they would apply as UL (ACE approved for UL). However, the advisor i am working with now says they will be lower level. Could i petition this?

Any advice is greatly appreciated! !
The preliminary is generally what we do here on this forum. The only evaluations that matter are the "official" and the evaluation that takes place for your degree conferral. What advisor did you speak to that gave you the go for the PF courses? Because the only advising that matters is the one you receive from your academic advisor, which you are given after you enroll. Anyone you speak to other than that knows very little in regard to the academic policies of the college. However, you can escalate any academic concerns you have about your credits not being accepted to the dean of the college you are enrolled in. I had to do so with some ACE credits, by submitting an appeal with the dean of the college of liberal arts.
Grad cert., Applied Behavior Analysis, Ball State University
M.S., in Applied Psychology, Lynn Univeristy
B.S., in Psychology, Excelsior College
A.A., Florida State College at Jacksonville
Thanks for your reply.
I suppose it was one of the individuals from the team of advisors working on my evaluation. Unfortunately, i deleted the emails not realizing that there is no deleted folder in the EC message area. It took two weeks to get a response from the advisor and he even stated that it took so long because he wanted to consult others at the school and give me the right answer. I wont be deleting any other emails! Im certainly going to appeal.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior HR Degree Progress glgamerica 6 1,857 07-31-2018, 10:44 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Excelsior: ALEKS Beginning Algebra duplicates ... bluebooger 13 3,187 07-26-2018, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Exfactor
  Excelsior College 47th Annual Commencement - 12 Year Old Graduate Life Long Learning 16 4,956 07-26-2018, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Excelsior homeschoolmom1 1 1,300 07-20-2018, 11:10 AM
Last Post: hsfamfun
  Excelsior homeschoolmom1 0 966 07-19-2018, 02:06 PM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  Excelsior annual fees homeschoolmom1 1 1,273 07-14-2018, 11:27 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
Photo Shmoop Excelsior Evaluations In ReyMysterioso 0 1,780 06-27-2018, 10:20 AM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Excelsior College awarded 245K for Advanced Nuclear Project Life Long Learning 1 1,237 06-25-2018, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Excelsior College ranked #1 Life Long Learning 11 3,468 06-21-2018, 07:57 PM
Last Post: miah
  Quick Question about Excelsior hsfamfun 5 1,880 06-21-2018, 03:05 PM
Last Post: radconjohn