Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Officially DONE! :-)
I am happy to say I graduate on 5/31 with my BS in Information Systems Studies from COSC. I so could not have done it without this forum. I was supposed to graduate in December but the capstone hung me up due to exceedingly bad curriculum and lackluster professor and almost did me in again this term. (like the professor never graded our final that was 50% of the overall class grade!)

However, I stretched myself, this is the first time in my life I have set a goal and reached it that required studying and focus. I started last August with over 120 credits and completed an additional 33 to meet all the required categories. I took 4 online classes and the Biology, A&I Literature CLEPS and the Intro to World Religions and Civil War and Reconstruction DSST's.

And I am flying myself and my entire family to the graduation because it is a momentous occasion 20 years in the making. So be encouraged and keep working, every credit counts and this can be done!
Congratulations. Good on you to persevere.
CPA (WA), CFA Level III Candidate

Currently pursuing: ALM, Data Science - Harvard University, Cambridge, MA (12/48, on hold for CFA/life commitments)
MBA, Finance/Accounting - Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, 2015
BSBA, General Management - Thomas Edison State College, Trenton, NJ, 2012

Congratulations!cheersmate

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
Congrats!cheersmate
Andy

---------------------------------

TESC - BSBA: CIS

Current Degree Plan
Complete:  TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics
Remaining:  Waiting for credits to process

Enjoy the celebration with your family. Congratulations!!!cheersmate
Congrats!! Wonderful story!
CLEP: US History 1
DSST: Intro to Computing, Intro to World Religions
ALEKS: Basic Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra
Sophia: Art History
Straighterline: Intro to Environmental Science, US History 2, Western Civ 1, American Gov, Anthropology, West Civ 2, A&P 1, Medical Terminology
The Institutes: Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct
Kaplan PLA

In Progress - English 101, Intro to Comm
CONGRATULATIONS!!! :hurray::hurray::hurray:

Have a spectacular celebration!
"I dwell in Possibility."  Emily Dickinson
2011-12  CLEP
 Int Psych - 75 / H G & D - 69 / Ed Psych - 72 / Am Lit - 80  / A & I Lit - 75 / Eng Lit - 73 2012-13  SL  Eng Comp I - 95.3% P /
Eng Comp II - 97.5% P 2014  EC/UEXCEL  Ab Psych - A / Soc Psych - A / Psych A & A - A  / Gerontology - A / Info Lit - P 2015 BYU Sport Psych - A / DSST Sub Abuse - 470 / Int World Rel - 481 / H T Y H - 465 / Tor College HIS 301 - 81% P 2016 EC LA498 Capstone - A
1991 AA Liberal Arts USNY Regents College
2016 BSLA Magna Cum Laude Excelsior College  - A 5 year journey COMPLETED!

2017-2019 Study.com Certs. - Am Lit/Brit Lit/Shakespeare/Poetry Review Shmoop - Shakespeare's Plays/Shakespeare in Context/Women's Lit
Congratulations!cheersmate
Excellent! I'm so glad that you're attending the graduation ceremony, and that your family will be there to share it with you.
TESU BSBA - GM, September 2015

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." -- Earl Nightingale, radio personality and motivational speaker
Congratulations!
I don't know what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU is officially ACBSP accredited daniele888 25 5,232 10-01-2017, 06:24 AM
Last Post: scoriae
  Thomas Edison is officially a University! passit1 15 1,254 01-18-2016, 12:16 PM
Last Post: Toastmaster
  I officially enrolled at TESC! 15 classes left ... Any last advice??? Can219 1 374 12-29-2013, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Getiton1
  I officially applied to TESC today... loops77 7 898 06-02-2013, 09:41 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  TESC: Officially Amazing Deliberatelyliz 12 1,760 05-05-2011, 10:50 PM
Last Post: nrg1
  When do I officially receive my degree?? johnq86 3 1,012 11-13-2010, 04:31 PM
Last Post: Lindagerr