Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Almost done, last 10% of bachelor's
Hey degreeforum.net bachelors, associates, and newly weds (hmmm... was much funnier in my head Tongue ) I have a few questions for you. I started my journey here in July 2016. Thanks to the help of excellent members such as dfrecore (your degree plan was so helpful!), bjcheung77, and more, I find myself in the fortunate position of being nearly finished with my degree.

Since July 2016 I have completed the following courses:

CLEP
Spanish CLEP Exam Score 64 (I've read it transfers as 9 credits)

Straighterline
  1. Introduction to Psychology
  2. United States History I
  3. United States History II
  4. English Composition I
  5. English Composition II
  6. Western Civilization I
  7. Western Civiliation II
  8. Cultural Anthropology
  9. Business Law
  10. Introduction to Sociology
  11. Business Communication
  12. Information Technology Fundamentals
  13. Principles of Management
  14. College Algebra
  15. American Government
  16. Introduction to Religion
  17. Accounting I
  18. Accounting II
  19. Introduction to Biology
  20. Introduction to Communication
  21. Introduction to Nutrition
  22. Business Statistics
  23. Economics I: Macroeconomics
  24. Economics II: Microeconomics
  25. Business Ethics
  26. Introduction to Criminal Justice
  27. Organizational Behavior
(27 total Straighterline courses)

Study.com 
This feels like its either a little scammy or simply a poor user interface, but since my membership expired, it seems I can no longer see the courses I've already taken and also see nowhere to request a transcript. Please offer any advice if you have had a similar experience. With that being said, my records show I've completed the following relevant credit offering courses:
  1. Principles of Marketing 301
  2. Principles of Finance 301
  3. Digital Marketing and Advertising 309
  4. Hospitality Marketing 301
  5. Globalization & International Management 308
  6. Marketing Research 301
(6 total study.com courses)

Overview/Questions
It seems with the 9 CLEP credits and 33 SL/study.com courses I should now be at 108 credits. I must admit I haven't been actively requesting and sending transcripts this last year, however. I'll deal with it if a course or two I've taken no longer grants credit.

After finishing all the study.com courses in the degree plan I'm not sure what to do now. I haven't taken a TECEP before, and would like to minimize/avoid them if at all possible.

I also need to apply to TESU and get the CLEP, SL, and study.com transcripts (hopefully without having to buy a month of study.com membership just for the transcript).

Finally, it seems seems I need to finish a Strategic Management TESU course and three of the following:
  1. Advertising TECEP
  2. Marketing Communications TECEP
  3. Sales Management TECEP/Principles of Sales DAVAR course
  4. Public Relations Thought & Practice TECEP

Is there anyway to do SL/Study.com/cheap courses instead of some of the TECEPs?

If not, how should I study for the TECEPs given that I'm living in Asia and can't order a phyical textbook?

Finally, are there any pressing actions I need to take FAST? Should I be applying to TESU this week, registering for Strategic Management, etc?

Thank you all for your help over the last year! While I'm pretty good at doing the coursework itself, I'd feel lost in completing this degree if it wasn't for all of your wonderful recommendations!  Big Grin

.xlsx   CamXoai TESU BSBA MAR.xlsx (Size: 58.33 KB / Downloads: 17)
Do you have an ACE account? All you need to do is know the dates you completed all those courses so you can log in to ACE and request your credits be added. If you don’t know the dates I would email those providers customer service to ask them.

Not sure how to answer your other questions about business courses as that’s not my bag. Wink
Amy
Goal: BA in English at TESU
Completed: 78 B&M credits plus:
Institutes: Ethics
Study.com: Personal Finance, History of the Vietnam War, English Comp I, Intro World Religions, Public Speaking, Intro to Humanities
Shmoop: Bible as Literature, Shakespeare's Plays, Women's Lit, Modernist Lit, Holocaust Lit
TECEP: Technical Writing
[-] The following 1 user Likes originalamyj's post:
  • CamXoai
Thanks for your response originalamyj! Smile
I do not think I have an ACE account yet, as it's not something I've proactively signed up for. So, you are saying that the completion date of the course is more important than the date you actually requested credit for the course?
You can use today's date even, but you need every SL and Study course put on your ACE transcript today. Also, you do not need to activate any old subscriptions, just sign up for ACE and then select all of those courses from the lists and they'll get them added.
OMG, I can't believe you don't have an ACE account, and all of these courses in there! The good news is, you can just get your entire SL and Study.com transcripts sent straight to TESU for free, as both of these course providers do that. BUT, you still need to request your courses be added to your ACE account - so sign up for one, and get 'er done.

Next question: have you applied to TESU yet? If not, you should do so immediately. You are so close, and you'll want to sign up for the capstone and pay your residency waiver using your Study.com affiliate membership before 6/30 if possible (otherwise, the prices will go up). You also want them evaluating all of your courses ASAP.

Regarding credit, it's based on completion of course date, rather than when you send the courses in, so that's good. All of your courses should come in as planned.

Last but not least, let's see if we can get you more non-TECEP MAR courses:
Study.com's BUS 315: Logistics & Supply Chain Management (this will also open up your account and let you see everything)
check to see if Ops Management or Project Management will work here as well

Unfortunately, the only other courses are going to be more expensive than TECEP's: CSU-Global exams will work, but they are $250 - and I have no idea what they require in terms of textbooks. Penn Foster has Merchandise Planning & Buying and Retail Management, but I don't know the textbook situation there either, and they are $329/course.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • CamXoai
I would get them on the ACE ASAP.  ACE has been known to stop adding courses.  I have had one myself.  ACE has also dropped two courses off my ACE transcript after the fact. Angry

I would not wait!
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

CamXoai, I would suggest reading through the TECEP pdf's, it tells you exactly what is required. I highly recommend reviewing them as they show you OER (Open Education Resources) from Saylor and other college/universities and they're entire books you can either download the pdf or read it online.

Just download the PDF if you want for the TECEPS and study what's required, also download the Saylor/other PDF's they refer to for reference, I would skip the textbooks as there is only one you need for all three courses. All the other info is in the links the TECEPS provide you. I'll PM you more info if you want to reply with more of your questions.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
If you pay for the capstone fast, you could graduate in June.

Update: Again, I would review the TECEP requirements in their PDF and study what's required. Also, download the Saylor and other online pdf the TECEP brings you to and study them. If you have a lot of time on your hands, I would do the Capstone at the same time as studying for one of these TECEPS.

I would not rush graduation if you don't need to; basically, take 1 TECEP a month and work on the capstone if you really do want to graduate in June (since a capstone course is 3 months long, you finish them all at the same time). Do Advertising first, then Sales Management, and finish it off with Marketing Communications, one TECEP a month.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Davar Principles of Sales is not bad. You do have to write a case study. I can't remember if there was a second written assignment.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Can I send CLEP/DSST scores for 2 Bachelor Degrees? elenlushk 3 1,813 08-16-2018, 11:07 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Second Bachelor BALS with concentration with the 24 new credits rule posabsolute 1 1,373 07-22-2018, 11:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Associates from one/Bachelor's from Another ReyMysterioso 13 3,000 06-18-2018, 10:14 AM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Need Help - Bachelor’s Degree BSBRose21 2 2,951 05-04-2018, 10:40 AM
  Please help with second Bachelor's degree. URGENT PLEASE! drashrafaziz 19 3,327 02-25-2018, 12:09 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Excelsior 117 Transfer Bachelor Option harrypotter 2 1,511 01-11-2018, 11:17 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Looking for fastest Associates or Bachelor marco1 16 3,832 12-20-2017, 09:14 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Bachelor's in Music??? dfsquare 6 1,736 12-19-2017, 10:05 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Associate's to Bachelor's - Timeline at TESU (Residency Waiver + Capstone) Silly_Me 8 2,392 12-13-2017, 10:29 PM
  Bachelor's Degree Plan Need Help MrBossmanJr 21 5,093 12-03-2017, 12:19 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77