Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Officially giving up on Sophia credits transferring
congrats to those who are getting badges. family member is still waiting on US 1, and two others (math and a one credit.) Officially gave up. decided to struggle through stats and pass that for math (wahoo! pass is pass), with the one credit course who cares, and did another social studies to make up for the US 1.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

[-] The following 2 users Like P226mem's post:
  • crotique, rachel83az
Maybe that's the secret. Give up and move on with life. Then poof out of nowhere the badges magically appear. I had completely given up on ever seeing the badges. All of a sudden all of them showed up.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • P226mem
One issue that I have is that I opened three Sophia accounts. My badges from my general account have been added to the Credly system. However, I took four courses via the TESU Sophia portal and three courses via the Ashford Sophia portal. When I login to those portals, I don't see a badge option under the transcript option. Also, the Ashford portal is now the University of Arizona Global portal. I wonder if there is some way to just get a University of Arizona transcript.
(01-30-2021, 11:27 PM)eriehiker Wrote: One issue that I have is that I opened three Sophia accounts.  My badges from my general account have been added to the Credly system.  However, I took four courses via the TESU Sophia portal and three courses via the Ashford Sophia portal.  When I login to those portals, I don't see a badge option under the transcript option.  Also, the Ashford portal is now the University of Arizona Global portal.  I wonder if there is some way to just get a University of Arizona transcript.

They're alt-credit courses taken at Sophia, not RA courses taken at University of Arizona or even Ashford. The "portals" only allow you to easily see which Sophia courses that school will accept, and what the equivalencies are.
(01-30-2021, 11:27 PM)eriehiker Wrote: One issue that I have is that I opened three Sophia accounts.  My badges from my general account have been added to the Credly system.  However, I took four courses via the TESU Sophia portal and three courses via the Ashford Sophia portal.  When I login to those portals, I don't see a badge option under the transcript option.  Also, the Ashford portal is now the University of Arizona Global portal.  I wonder if there is some way to just get a University of Arizona transcript.

I have two accounts with them.  None through schools.  The way I got all of my credits added was through their chat.  They did them instantly while I was in the chat.  I just waited a day between accounts to ask.  Different support people.
Contacted Sophia for the 6th time by leaving a message on the chat thing. Didn't even expect a response but they not only got back to me, but added my badge!!
so last night family member did the leave a message in chat (after hours) like monchevy did. 2 out of the 3 badges were added. Still waiting on US History 1. progress!
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

[-] The following 1 user Likes P226mem's post:
  • monchevy
(02-01-2021, 08:32 AM)P226mem Wrote: so last night family member did the leave a message in chat (after hours) like monchevy did.  2 out of the 3 badges were added.  Still waiting on US History 1. progress!

A minute ago, I went on the chat and they've added the last history course manually. That was the only missing course for me (I've been requesting it for weeks), so now I have all my Sophia stuff on Acclaim.  :-)
[-] The following 1 user Likes openair's post:
  • rachel83az
I called Sophia last week. They said they would update me when they resolved the badge issues for the courses I was missing. (US History 1 & 2, Environmental Science, and Essentials of Managing Conflict) I didn't receive an update, but I chatted with them this morning and they issued all of my badges immediately. They said the issue had been resolved on Friday.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Laura Erickson's post:
  • monchevy
Mine got one of the 2 missing badges today. Yippee! Still waiting for Essentials of Managing Conflict.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 327 Yesterday, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 5 767 04-17-2024, 03:24 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 116 60,312 04-17-2024, 12:27 PM
Last Post: LaurLoey
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,305 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Excelsior Transfer Credits, limit? Stoffelhoff89 4 165 04-16-2024, 04:24 PM
Last Post: Stoffelhoff89
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 11 311 04-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 647 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 911 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 214 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 886 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab