Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Officially giving up on Sophia credits transferring
(02-01-2021, 08:32 AM)P226mem Wrote: so last night family member did the leave a message in chat (after hours) like monchevy did.  2 out of the 3 badges were added.  Still waiting on US History 1. progress!

update.... A few hours later....it's there now! I know those will help her with that pierpont associates once all RA stuff is done.  so excited!
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

[-] The following 1 user Likes P226mem's post:
  • rachel83az
An extra badge showed up and I haven't talked to Sophia at all! I am still missing US History II and The Essentials of Managing Conflict but they have added Developing Effective Teams.

It appears that the issue has something to do with when the Sophia course was renewed. Developing Effective Teams has a course number of (BUS1200 - 2016) which appears to indicate which version of the course I took.

Developing Effective Teams was renewed in 2018, not long after I took the course.
Essentials of Managing Conflict was renewed in June 2020.
US History II was also renewed in June 2020.
And US History I renewed in March of 2020.

I don't know why this matters nor why it's taken so long to get this straightened out but now I understand why some of us were missing badges. It has nothing to do with the "free period" except that multiple renewals happened during this time. And some of us had the previously-free 1-credit courses from Sophia already.

If you are still missing badges, it looks like they are coming.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(02-01-2021, 03:36 PM)rachel83az Wrote: An extra badge showed up and I haven't talked to Sophia at all! I am still missing US History II and The Essentials of Managing Conflict but they have added Developing Effective Teams.

It appears that the issue has something to do with when the Sophia course was renewed. Developing Effective Teams has a course number of (BUS1200 - 2016) which appears to indicate which version of the course I took.

Developing Effective Teams was renewed in 2018, not long after I took the course.

I don't know why this matters nor why it's taken so long to get this straightened out but now I understand why some of us were missing badges. It has nothing to do with the "free period" except that multiple renewals happened during this time. And some of us had the previously-free 1-credit courses from Sophia already.

My US History II badge for some reason says 2017 on it. I took it in July 2020. Essentials of Managing Conflict hasn't shown up, but honestly I don't need it for anything anyway.
(02-01-2021, 04:37 PM)monchevy Wrote:
(02-01-2021, 03:36 PM)rachel83az Wrote: An extra badge showed up and I haven't talked to Sophia at all! I am still missing US History II and The Essentials of Managing Conflict but they have added Developing Effective Teams.

My US History II badge for some reason says 2017 on it. I took it in July 2020. Essentials of Managing Conflict hasn't shown up, but honestly I don't need it for anything anyway.

Interesting. Did you perhaps start US History II in June and finish it in July?
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
I have not has an active Sophia account for a few years now, but my login still works so I logged in and messaged them through the 'Leave a Message"option at the top of the page stating I wanted my courses address to the Credly's Acclaim system.  I heard back same day (today) by email that read "The option to claim your badge has been added to your completed courses. You can claim the badge by selecting the "Get Your Badge" option for each course.".  Sure enough on my list of courses there is a 'Get Your Badge' option now listed. I choose the first courses and then opted in on the automatic acceptance option - within minutes they all showed up.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(02-01-2021, 06:06 PM)allvia Wrote: I have not has an active Sophia account for a few years now, but my login still works so I logged in and messaged them through the 'Leave a Message"option at the top of the page stating I wanted my courses address to the Credly's Acclaim system.  I heard back same day (today) by email that read "The option to claim your badge has been added to your completed courses. You can claim the badge by selecting the "Get Your Badge" option for each course.".  Sure enough on my list of courses there is a 'Get Your Badge' option now listed. I choose the first courses and then opted in on the automatic acceptance option - within minutes they all showed up.

Interesting. I'm still lacking "get your badge" on US History II and The Essentials of Managing Conflict.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
My two one-credit courses showed up just now.   I chatted to ask them to add them and they added the "Get your badge" button on each and they are now on my Acclaim profile.   It took a bit, but they are all there now.
West Virginia University at Parkersburg, Associate of Applied Science, Board of Governors program

Traditional College Credits (RA):
15 Credits

ALEKS & CSM Learn:
12 Credits

Straighterline:  
15 Credits

Sophia:
38 Credits
Total from All Sources:
80 Credits
Just noticed they added the Essentials of Managing Conflict badge for me, I never asked about it.

However... looking at the badge & my transcript, it doesn't show the ACE recommendation for the course (CONRES 1000 - 2017). So, it's sorta fixed? Might be something to watch out for (if it matters... these Credly transcripts seem almost meaningless, 13 pages for <20 courses).
(02-01-2021, 07:48 PM)dbinghamjr Wrote: Just noticed they added the Essentials of Managing Conflict badge for me, I never asked about it.

However... looking at the badge & my transcript, it doesn't show the ACE recommendation for the course (CONRES 1000 - 2017). So, it's sorta fixed? Might be something to watch out for (if it matters... these Credly transcripts seem almost meaningless, 13 pages for <20 courses).

sorta fixed. family member is having similar issue.  The badge is now there for US History 1 but the badge and transcript do not show the ACE recommendation. all of other courses are showing that recommendation.  probably should contact sophia on chat again and see if they realize that or not??
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

[-] The following 1 user Likes P226mem's post:
  • dbinghamjr
(02-01-2021, 07:48 PM)dbinghamjr Wrote: Just noticed they added the Essentials of Managing Conflict badge for me, I never asked about it.

My US History II badge too! 2017, no ACE recommendation. UGH. I can't send this Acclaim transcript to a school for the third time because Sophia keeps screwing it up.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 358 04-18-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 5 782 04-17-2024, 03:24 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 116 60,414 04-17-2024, 12:27 PM
Last Post: LaurLoey
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,322 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Excelsior Transfer Credits, limit? Stoffelhoff89 4 168 04-16-2024, 04:24 PM
Last Post: Stoffelhoff89
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 11 336 04-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 656 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 938 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 216 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 890 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab