Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Olivet Nazarene YourWay (more cheap RA credits)
(03-22-2021, 08:48 AM)SweetsugarNL Wrote:
(03-17-2021, 09:06 AM)gams007 Wrote:
(03-17-2021, 04:05 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Did you clarify that you are not seeking a visa? For most schools, international = needs a visa. Visa requires in-person classes.

Yes Rachel I ask them I just want to enroll in the self paced YOURWAY program several times and adviser said NO is not for international students.

So I can not follow this program at all.

Oh, that's a bummer :-(

Lots of confusion here, so I decided to write to ONU for clarification on the admissibility of self-paying international students applying to their YourWay online courses, intending to study from outside the U.S. and with no need for student visa. An admission counselor came back to me that international students are allowed to participate in this course, with no restriction and condition. 

I believe gams007 already has a F1 student visa and hence got rejected by ONU, for the rest of us internationals you should have no problem applying to YourWay courses so long as you are outside of the U.S. and not holding any student visa.
[-] The following 1 user Likes robertsted's post:
  • rachel83az
(03-23-2021, 10:09 AM)robertsted Wrote:
(03-17-2021, 04:05 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Did you clarify that you are not seeking a visa? For most schools, international = needs a visa. Visa requires in-person classes.

Yes Rachel I ask them I just want to enroll in the self paced YOURWAY program several times and adviser said NO is not for international students.

Lots of confusion here, so I decided to write to ONU for clarification on the admissibility of self-paying international students applying to their YourWay online courses, intending to study from outside the U.S. and with no need for student visa. An admission counselor came back to me that international students are allowed to participate in this course, with no restriction and condition. 

I believe gams007 already has a F1 student visa and hence got rejected by ONU, for the rest of us internationals you should have no problem applying to YourWay courses so long as you are outside of the U.S. and not holding any student visa.

That's great! Thank you for taking the time to check with ONU on this issue.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(03-23-2021, 10:09 AM)robertsted Wrote:

Hi I do not have a F1 Visa please pm me the contact person your are dealing with maybe I'm with some one that it's new at this university and does not know the requirement correctly.

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
So I've finished one of their courses.
It was relatively easy.
However, their website is really buggy. It gave me a lot of headaches.
[-] The following 1 user Likes nomaduser's post:
  • rachel83az
(03-23-2021, 01:50 PM)gams007 Wrote: Hi I do not have a F1 Visa please pm me the contact person your are dealing with maybe I'm with some one that it's new at this university and does not know the requirement correctly.

PM sent, hope you get this sorted out and managed to sign up for the YourWay courses, let us know how things go. I'll sign up once I get the remaining Sophia courses out of the way.
(03-23-2021, 07:20 PM)robertsted Wrote:
(03-23-2021, 01:50 PM)gams007 Wrote: Hi I do not have a F1 Visa please pm me the contact person your are dealing with maybe I'm with some one that it's new at this university and does not know the requirement correctly.

PM sent, hope you get this sorted out and managed to sign up for the YourWay courses, let us know how things go. I'll sign up once I get the remaining Sophia courses out of the way.

I emailed them, let see if they answer tomorrow regarding international student enrollment.

In progress:
Completed:
(03-23-2021, 09:48 PM)gams007 Wrote:
(03-23-2021, 07:20 PM)robertsted Wrote:

I emailed them, let see if they answer tomorrow regarding international student enrollment.
 I got a response from Olivet this means international student can Join the online YourWay program . Smile

" Hi Gabriel,

The Your Way courses are completed entirely online, so you are welcome to apply and take courses anytime. You can learn more about the Your Way program by clicking here.
 If you would like to apply, you can fill out the online application here. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Have a great day!

Allyssa Macari, MBA
Admissions Counselor "

In progress:
Completed:
[-] The following 2 users Like gams007's post:
  • rachel83az, robertsted
Thats good news!
COMPLETED

ASU: Human Origins (3)
Sophia: Developing Effective Teams (1) Student Success (1)  The Ess. of Managing Conflict (1) Art History 1 (3) US History 1(3) Religions (3) Environmental science (3) Ancient Greek Philosophers (3) English Comp 1 (3) 
Visual communications (3) Art History 2 (3) Introduction to psychology (3) Introduction to Ethics (3) US History 2 (3) Human Biology (3) 
Communication at Work (3) Conflict resolution(3)

The institute: Ethics 312 (3)
Shmoop: Holocaust Literature (3) American National Government (3) Introduction to Drama (3)

IN PROGRESS
Sophia:    
Since ONU requires transcripts (even just unofficial ones) in order to be accepted to the YourWay program, this is something that could be difficult for some international students. If you don't have or can't easily get transcripts in English then I would suggest taking a class elsewhere from an institution that does NOT require transcripts and using the transcript that is generated to gain access to the YourWay program. ASU would be easiest (just one proctored exam). TEL would be cheapest.

8 ONU classes: $1200
7 ONU classes + 1 TEL Learning: $1250
7 ONU classes + 1 ASU: $1475
8 TEL classes: $1600
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • robertsted
I doubt if I take English comp 2 with them. Because I'm scared for Sophia....
COMPLETED

ASU: Human Origins (3)
Sophia: Developing Effective Teams (1) Student Success (1)  The Ess. of Managing Conflict (1) Art History 1 (3) US History 1(3) Religions (3) Environmental science (3) Ancient Greek Philosophers (3) English Comp 1 (3) 
Visual communications (3) Art History 2 (3) Introduction to psychology (3) Introduction to Ethics (3) US History 2 (3) Human Biology (3) 
Communication at Work (3) Conflict resolution(3)

The institute: Ethics 312 (3)
Shmoop: Holocaust Literature (3) American National Government (3) Introduction to Drama (3)

IN PROGRESS
Sophia:    

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PUG IT transfer credits BritStudent 2 246 02-22-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Schools that accept ACE credits and allow 90cr in transfer bjcheung77 87 40,872 01-30-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: inor
  TAMUC Org Leadership-six UL credits needed StoicJ 20 2,571 12-13-2023, 09:11 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  List of RA brick and mortar schools that accept 75% of credits from SDC, Sophia, SL ausernameisneeded 19 1,944 09-30-2023, 02:30 PM
Last Post: ausernameisneeded
  Does CUNY SPS allow transfer credits after enrollment? MyRightHandIsBi 11 959 09-13-2023, 08:54 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  SNHU Transfer New Credits after Enrollment - Can or Can't? berlinerd 3 1,089 08-17-2023, 11:54 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Does Ana G. Mendez University accept ACE credits ande 7 708 07-11-2023, 02:07 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  (Possibly) cheapest credits for TESU Comp Sci degree rachel83az 11 3,152 01-29-2023, 10:53 PM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  TEL Learning - your new best friend (cheap RA credits) dfrecore 107 19,022 10-17-2022, 12:51 PM
Last Post: CanICode
  Olivet YourWay, How to get RA Credits Antonella 14 2,117 10-16-2022, 06:53 AM
Last Post: rachel83az